Thread #25
Thread #26
Thread #27
Thread #28
Thread #29
Thread #30
Thread #31
Thread #32

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.

-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.

If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter): Rules Etiquette & Information

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Holly Bobo map (created by Hollye)

SEPARATE WEBSLEUTHS HOLLY BOBO THREADS

Holly Bobo information & support thread

Holly Bobo Facebook thread

Some blog sites are not allowed to be linked to because of so many rumors being posted on them. Please pm a Mod if its not posted below to see if they are allowed.

The following blog sites are allowed to be linked to:
Case Signal (BeanE's site)
Val - The Hinky Meter
Amandareckonwth's case archive site - Crankycrankerson
Patty G's Video Library site

Please continue here:

Thanks Waiting For!

I think.
I got chopped in the crossover!

:)

Now you're gonna have to wait for me, until I feel like retyping it.
HA!

When I typed in the new thread title, I left "believed abducted" in there, more for the sake of parallelism with the first 32 threads than for anything else, btw. I kept us in "Hot Cases" too, which sounds much classier than the droopy alternative.

It was really fun too, cause it was all about my fantasy of having Judge Judy convene a grand jury with Nancy Grace as the grand inquisitor.

Thanks Waiting For!

I think.
I got chopped in the crossover!

:)

Now you're gonna have to wait for me, until I feel like retyping it.
HA!
I left about a five minute carryover for posting on Thread #32 after I already had posted this one.

Next time I'll go for ten minutes. Sorry!

Yes, thanks WFGODOT for the new thread. I don't want to see this case ever become an unsolved case. I hold out hope that answers can be found as to what happened to Holly. I am kind of thinking that LE will have to release some new info like the 911 calls to help out though. Since that large reward hasn't helped, I think they need to release everything they can to help out.

I had an odd dream last night - odd in that I never dream about WS stuff - in which I overheard the Bobo-related 911 calls, and also learned the solution to the Joann Bain-and-three-daughters TN evident-kidnapping mystery. OF COURSE I forgot everything about them other than their basic subject matter by the time I woke up, a couple minutes later. Drat!

Is it time for another missing in TN report? The list is getting longer...

Is it time for another missing in TN report? The list is getting longer...
It certainly is! Will have to locate one of the former lists to see the "went missing" dates. They did find one woman who had been on it for quite awhile, I think. (Finding her was by sheer accident, of course.)

I think it is very easy to get confused following this case. Up is down, left is right and so on. We have multiple versions of the ongoing narrative from the Bobo family, cryptic and very pointed comments made by LE and 5 pounds of crazy in a 1 pound bag following it. The lack of ANY information provided in this case combined with LE stopping searches and repeatedly saying that they believe the abductor is local and the investigation has not left the Darden/Parsons area is the only way to read between the lines in this case. CB is a supposed eye witness to the events of that morning, his accounts are very skewed and lead nowhere. It would make sense that there is information he probably should not share, but that does not explain the convoluted stories we have been given. There is a really simple version that could be offered, CB woke up and saw his sister walking away. The problem here stems from all of the confusing perspectives we are given as CB tells his story. From meter readers, HB car still at home when CB knew it shouldn't be, calling his mother to see who he is looking at, phantom turkeys, to the quote that he did not think she would be coming back anytime soon and etc... (Also keep in mind we did not know any of the Bobo's actual story until they spoke with the media almost 3 months later)
CB is either telling bald faced lies or trying to fool other people, maybe the one who does know the missing parts to CB's narrative. CB supposedly gave a statement the first day and any deviation from that without LE being aware would of made him suspect number one very quickly.
I think the most likely scenario here is that somebody familiar with the Bobo family and specifically the area around their home is the abductor. Being in such a remote area, the odds heavily favor it as well as the way this case has played out.
LE at it's core is a business and plenty of time and resources have been used in this case, I don't believe LE had 10+ investigators on this case at one time to speculate about it while eating doughnuts.
Let's also not forget the subsequent drug busts during the search for HB. Another overlooked aspect of this case is the TBI investigation into the local drug task force (covers Decatur County, also look who requested the Governor offer a reward). I HAVE NO IDEA if it is connected to HB case or not, but I do know one thing-
Drugs investigations equal making money and missing young women investigations equal spending money. I think it's safe to assume politics play a role in this case and
it's impossible to read into others priorities, except to say the TBI is still investigating this case.

This is the most convoluted WITNESSED abduction I can think of. We know more about what happened to King Tut and he died 5,000 years ago.

Did anybody get any screen captures of fb pages before everything locked up tight?

I think it is very easy to get confused following this case. Up is down, left is right and so on. We have multiple versions of the ongoing narrative from the Bobo family, cryptic and very pointed comments made by LE and 5 pounds of crazy in a 1 pound bag following it. The lack of ANY information provided in this case combined with LE stopping searches and repeatedly saying that they believe the abductor is local and the investigation has not left the Darden/Parsons area is the only way to read between the lines in this case. CB is a supposed eye witness to the events of that morning, his accounts are very skewed and lead nowhere. It would make sense that there is information he probably should not share, but that does not explain the convoluted stories we have been given. There is a really simple version that could be offered, CB woke up and saw his sister walking away. The problem here stems from all of the confusing perspectives we are given as CB tells his story. From meter readers, HB car still at home when CB knew it shouldn't be, calling his mother to see who he is looking at, phantom turkeys, to the quote that he did not think she would be coming back anytime soon and etc... (Also keep in mind we did not know any of the Bobo's actual story until they spoke with the media almost 3 months later)
CB is either telling bald faced lies or trying to fool other people, maybe the one who does know the missing parts to CB's narrative. CB supposedly gave a statement the first day and any deviation from that without LE being aware would of made him suspect number one very quickly.
I think the most likely scenario here is that somebody familiar with the Bobo family and specifically the area around their home is the abductor. Being in such a remote area, the odds heavily favor it as well as the way this case has played out.
LE at it's core is a business and plenty of time and resources have been used in this case, I don't believe LE had 10+ investigators on this case at one time to speculate about it while eating doughnuts.
Let's also not forget the subsequent drug busts during the search for HB. Another overlooked aspect of this case is the TBI investigation into the local drug task force (covers Decatur County, also look who requested the Governor offer a reward). I HAVE NO IDEA if it is connected to HB case or not, but I do know one thing-
Drugs investigations equal making money and missing young women investigations equal spending money. I think it's safe to assume politics play a role in this case and
it's impossible to read into others priorities, except to say the TBI is still investigating this case.

Froggie,
The last paragraph is an excellent summation to my way of thinking. (The whole thing is! ha)

Now when you say TBI is still investigating, I want you to know, that too, in my mind, consists of a desk jockey who made the mistake of taking Mehr's parking space one morning and is sentenced to the purgatory of this case, day after day.
That is who I picture still investigating this case.

I still think the most probable perp is someone from the UT-Martin Parsons campus, whether it's a fellow student or a staff member. It's the one group of people who obviously could have been familiar with her schedule. Now what probability would I place on that? Maybe only 20% since there are so many other possibilities but I'd say it's the most likely out of all of them given what I know.

And as for the searches...there were MASSIVE searches done after Holly went missing. Just massive, with over a thousand searchers and maybe thousands. There was probably more territory covered in searches for Holly than in 99% of the cases on these forums and more than in any case I can remember. And in all of these cases you see searching pretty much ceases once a certain amount of territory is covered (as time goes on it becomes mostly targeted searching due to tips). The great example is the Kyron search, where the intense searches only happened for less than two weeks, remember the Sheriff's office even said they expected to wrap it up a few days before they did...there are methods to the searches as Oriah and sarx can explain a lot better than I can but these coordinated search efforts can only do so much and once those limits are reached they are shut down in all of these cases.

After that you pretty much have to hope somebody stumbles onto the remains or that the person(s) who knows where the remains are gives up the info somehow. I still think there is a very slight chance Holly could be alive simply because the abduction seemed to be well-planned, and he may have had a plan for her. I don't think there's any chance she's living a free life though, and if she is still alive I think she's being held captive and is in far from decent circumstances. But I think there is a tiny sliver of hope her family could hold on to.

Much has been said about the actions/reactions of Clint and his mom.... I gotta say that Karen Bobo reminds me so much of my mom - my mom would have acted the same way. Even though my mom was normally a happy person, she always seemed to fear the worse when anything would happen, she always feared some creep might be out to get my sister...
My mom's over reaction and fears had the opposite effect on me - leading me to think my sister was always safe, and no one was out to get her...
Add to that, my sister was popular and over the years I learned not to bud into her affairs, especially when it involved any of her boyfriends..

Did anybody get any screen captures of fb pages before everything locked up tight?

I saw some screen captures many moons ago.

It started out with her getting home and posting at 3:30 on the dot on
facebook.
She said she wished she could go outside but that she had to study.

This was addressed to Drew.

Then she was looking forward to next week when everything would be wonderful, in a kind of noting of a poignant moment that really made no sense at the time. Only when viewed in retrospect!
I found it odd. Other people thought it was so sad that she was saying this not knowing what was coming.

Then I am told she said something about there being peace in the valley.

That I personally can't attest to. I didn't see it.
But, I did view the other parts.

ETA: Actually, come to think about it That might have been a part of her everything's going to be happiness and sunshine next week (when her test is over tomorrow on Wed.?).
Maybe I just don't have it screen captured to remember the precise wording just the gist of it.

She could very well have said the peace in the vally thing, because it was that kind of odd thing I remember her going overboard about the test.

This is the most convoluted WITNESSED abduction I can think of. We know more about what happened to King Tut and he died 5,000 years ago.

This sums it up pretty good for me too...Convoluted is a good word for it.

When we saw how fast Nancy Grace dropped coverage and also JVM, I really think they drop cases when they sense either a lack of cooperation or they sense that they will not be getting at least some minimal amount of information for their shows. I have seen these types of shows drop cases like a hot potatoe, and this case was similar. Even the dad walked out on the JVM show, which was bizarre in itself.

One of the most frustrating interviews I saw was the one done with I think it was local Channel 5 news station, and the interviewer was trying to be polite, but it was really sad, as every single response was "nada to protect the investigation". It was ridiculous, as they really should not have had the interview at all.

Which makes me very frustrated because at some point, if you really want your relative found, most people would normally throw caution to the wind and share all they know to help find her. If it were me in that situation, I would be protecting NO ONE!!! Even if the perp looked like my Gram, I would jump on national TV, and say the person looked kind of like my Gram.

Which leads me to think they must be protecting someone that they have some sort of bond with. That is basically the only thing I can deduce from it all. I may be totally wrong of course, but something sure is strange about this case. I just don't get all the apprehension during the interviews in the past year. I would be sharing every minute detail to help find the person.

All JMO of course.

And yes, like someone previously mentioned recently, when they did not make any statements for the first 3 months, it kind of set the tone that something is strange about this case. Why all the slience for 3 months when you have a missing family member that needs to be found.

It does not make any sense whatsoever IMO.

Perhaps people should start emailing and calling all of the local and national media outlets and requesting they approach LE about releasing the 911 calls.

Rather than beating the dead horse that is a constant and circular discussion regarding the 'oddness' of Holly's case and the 'constantly changing' or 'misrepresented in the media' stories, the 911 calls are solid evidence of a crime in progress.

Pressure from the media is what is going to affect LE, with the one exception being that there might be a darn good reason that LE has for not releasing the 911 calls- and it is not a coverup or cover for someone- it is because they feel it may affect the case integrity.

So I suggest a mass email and calling campaign to all media outlets, specifying how much renewed interest there would be in Holly's abduction... and the media outlet that can first get ahold of the 911 calls.

Mvho, of course.

Remember, though, that if you call, write, or email the media, you do so as a representative of yourself and not of WebSleuths, unless you have made arrangements to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni