Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Did anybody get any screen captures of fb pages before everything locked up tight?
    I saw some screen captures many moons ago.

It started out with her getting home and posting at 3:30 on the dot on
    facebook.
    She said she wished she could go outside but that she had to study.

This was addressed to Drew.

Then she was looking forward to next week when everything would be wonderful, in a kind of noting of a poignant moment that really made no sense at the time. Only when viewed in retrospect!
    I found it odd. Other people thought it was so sad that she was saying this not knowing what was coming.

Then I am told she said something about there being peace in the valley.

That I personally can't attest to. I didn't see it.
    But, I did view the other parts.

ETA: Actually, come to think about it That might have been a part of her everything's going to be happiness and sunshine next week (when her test is over tomorrow on Wed.?).
    Maybe I just don't have it screen captured to remember the precise wording just the gist of it.

She could very well have said the peace in the vally thing, because it was that kind of odd thing I remember her going overboard about the test.

Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see ~ Benjamin Franklin

(All my post are JMO)

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle View Post
    This is the most convoluted WITNESSED abduction I can think of. We know more about what happened to King Tut and he died 5,000 years ago.
    This sums it up pretty good for me too...Convoluted is a good word for it.

When we saw how fast Nancy Grace dropped coverage and also JVM, I really think they drop cases when they sense either a lack of cooperation or they sense that they will not be getting at least some minimal amount of information for their shows. I have seen these types of shows drop cases like a hot potatoe, and this case was similar. Even the dad walked out on the JVM show, which was bizarre in itself.

One of the most frustrating interviews I saw was the one done with I think it was local Channel 5 news station, and the interviewer was trying to be polite, but it was really sad, as every single response was "nada to protect the investigation". It was ridiculous, as they really should not have had the interview at all.

Which makes me very frustrated because at some point, if you really want your relative found, most people would normally throw caution to the wind and share all they know to help find her. If it were me in that situation, I would be protecting NO ONE!!! Even if the perp looked like my Gram, I would jump on national TV, and say the person looked kind of like my Gram.

Which leads me to think they must be protecting someone that they have some sort of bond with. That is basically the only thing I can deduce from it all. I may be totally wrong of course, but something sure is strange about this case. I just don't get all the apprehension during the interviews in the past year. I would be sharing every minute detail to help find the person.

All JMO of course.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hatfield For This Useful Post:

And yes, like someone previously mentioned recently, when they did not make any statements for the first 3 months, it kind of set the tone that something is strange about this case. Why all the slience for 3 months when you have a missing family member that needs to be found.

It does not make any sense whatsoever IMO.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hatfield For This Useful Post:

Perhaps people should start emailing and calling all of the local and national media outlets and requesting they approach LE about releasing the 911 calls.

Rather than beating the dead horse that is a constant and circular discussion regarding the 'oddness' of Holly's case and the 'constantly changing' or 'misrepresented in the media' stories, the 911 calls are solid evidence of a crime in progress.

Pressure from the media is what is going to affect LE, with the one exception being that there might be a darn good reason that LE has for not releasing the 911 calls- and it is not a coverup or cover for someone- it is because they feel it may affect the case integrity.

So I suggest a mass email and calling campaign to all media outlets, specifying how much renewed interest there would be in Holly's abduction... and the media outlet that can first get ahold of the 911 calls.

Mvho, of course.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Remember, though, that if you call, write, or email the media, you do so as a representative of yourself and not of WebSleuths, unless you have made arrangements to do so.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Remember, though, that if you call, write, or email the media, you do so as a representative of yourself and not of WebSleuths, unless you have made arrangements to do so.
    Thank you, wfgodot- I should have added that reminder.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

But they are under no obligation to release anything. I think if they had any inclination to release the 911 calls they would have done so by now. after a year... I don't think so. Basically save your dime for someone who cares.
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    Perhaps people should start emailing and calling all of the local and national media outlets and requesting they approach LE about releasing the 911 calls.

Rather than beating the dead horse that is a constant and circular discussion regarding the 'oddness' of Holly's case and the 'constantly changing' or 'misrepresented in the media' stories, the 911 calls are solid evidence of a crime in progress.

Pressure from the media is what is going to affect LE, with the one exception being that there might be a darn good reason that LE has for not releasing the 911 calls- and it is not a coverup or cover for someone- it is because they feel it may affect the case integrity.

So I suggest a mass email and calling campaign to all media outlets, specifying how much renewed interest there would be in Holly's abduction... and the media outlet that can first get ahold of the 911 calls.

Mvho, of course.
    Interesting how the ID and Dateline shows seem to get access to actual 911 calls involving the cases they work on...
    "oldsteve" - no relation to anyone outside this forum, and what I write is meant only for Websleuths.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle View Post
    But they are under no obligation to release anything. I think if they had any inclination to release the 911 calls they would have done so by now. after a year... I don't think so. Basically save your dime for someone who cares.
    I agree. I'm sure the media did request the 911 calls back when the case was in the news. Ultimately, it's probably up to LE when they are released. Although, some states might give more control to the media when it comes to obtaining that information. I don't know what the rules are for Tennessee.

The 911 call in the Ramsey case didn't come out until 2003. We still haven't heard the 911 call in this case or the Baby Lisa case or Isabel's case. I don't know if it's as simple as the media requesting the call, and it being played on the news the day later. I think it's up to LE and the laws in that particular state.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:

I know its different here in Florida where the sunshine laws make a lot of stuff public acccess
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:

"The Tennessee Senate has passed a Bill to block public rebroadcasting of 911 emergency calls without the written consent of the person whose voice is recorded."
    (emphasis mine)

http://purplelawfirm.com/blog_news/2...-of-911-calls/

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wishuwerehere For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wishuwerehere View Post
    "The Tennessee Senate has passed a Bill to block public rebroadcasting of 911 emergency calls without the written consent of the person whose voice is recorded."
    (emphasis mine)

http://purplelawfirm.com/blog_news/2...-of-911-calls/
    I'm not so sure those bills were ever passed into law. I can't find a 911 confidentiality law in the TN Code:

http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/tncode/

Maybe somebody else can find it, but it looks to me like there is no law that says the 911 caller must consent to having the audio released. I'm pretty sure it should be under Title 10, Part 5. My guess is LE is just somehow keeping the 911 calls under wraps as part of an active investigation.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chili Fries View Post
    I'm not so sure those bills were ever passed into law. I can't find a 911 confidentiality law in the TN Code:

http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/tncode/

Maybe somebody else can find it, but it looks to me like there is no law that says the 911 caller must consent to having the audio released. I'm pretty sure it should be under Title 10, Part 5. My guess is LE is just somehow keeping the 911 calls under wraps as part of an active investigation.
    I see what you mean: http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/107/Bill/HB1539.pdf

"This act shall take effect upon becoming a law, the public wefare requiring it."

For the time being, I guess it's in legislative limbo?
    Last edited by wishuwerehere; 05-08-2012 at 04:28 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to wishuwerehere For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure what we would learn if we did hear the 911 calls...LE has heard them, and they can't seem to solve the case...JMO
    Just my opinion, of course.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I'm not sure what we would learn if we did hear the 911 calls...LE has heard them, and they can't seem to solve the case...JMO
    But.....but... we're WEBSLEUTHS!!!!!!!!

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast