Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Definitely could be. MizStery's Jackson Sun link above about the phone call with Reece where the latter reported H. had said she was "going to eat breakfast and put her shoes on" does make me think she was interrupted in the process whilst wearing flip-flops though.
    The confusion really did start right away with this case. You can find the discussions about what she was wearing that day very early in the threads here. There are mentions, and for some reason I thought this as well before looking back, of different missing posters having flip flops, others had sneakers or no footwear description whatsoever.
    I tend to think she had sneakers in her car already and wore the flip flops whenever she could, maybe contributing to the initial confusion.
    Also in the Jackson Sun article, the conversation with her friend was BEFORE the "flurry" of phone calls between KB, DS, HB and maybe others (?) about DS being confronted by other family members on the Grandmother's property that morning. So whatever happened to HB happened after she just completed umpteen phone calls.
    -- Holly told Reece she was going to eat breakfast and put her shoes on and said goodbye.
    "All right, Weece," Holly said, calling Reece by her nickname. "I'll see you. Love you."
    Holly studied at the kitchen table for a few minutes, then got a call from her boyfriend, Drew Scott, who had been turkey hunting on the other side of Decatur County on Holly's grandmother's property. Since April 2, the opening day of turkey season, hunters from around the state had been entering the woods a half hour before daybreak.
    One of Karen's relatives did not recognize Drew and his dad, and Drew explained to them that he was Holly's boyfriend and that Holly's grandmother, Karen's mother, had given him permission to hunt on her 60 acres on the south end of the county. Drew called Holly and told her what happened. That was just before 7:30 a.m., according to the family.
    A flurry of phone calls followed between Holly, Drew and Karen about the confusion over Drew hunting on Karen's mother's property.
    Karen said she last spoke with her daughter between 7:30 and 7:35, while Clint was still asleep in his room.
    Investigators have tried to determine what happened to Holly in the next 20 minutes.
    Authorities say they need people to speak up if they saw anything out of the ordinary that morning.
    http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20...bo-s-abduction

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frogzilla For This Useful Post:

Definitely could be. MizStery's Jackson Sun link above about the phone call with Reece where the latter reported H. had said she was "going to eat breakfast and put her shoes on" does make me think she was interrupted in the process whilst wearing flip-flops though.
    Who knows. When my nieces here in Alabama say "put my shoes on" they mean whatever shoes they need to go outside, it could be flip flops or or it could be sneakers. Just means they are going to put something on their bare feet.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:

Holly's now been missing for 406 days.

Last TBI press release: 400 days ago!

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Wow! Just wow!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    Is it possible she wasn't going out the door to go to class at the time she was taken, but simply going outside quickly in her flip-flops to meet whomever the she the person was outside?

Was this discussed before?

Of course, it's all mood as they say now...
    Where does finding her lunchbag and cellphone fit in though? If, let's say, she heard something and she went outside to check what was going on, would she bring her lunchbag with her? Maybe her cellphone but not the lunchbag, imo.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

I think that in itself speaks volumes, imo Something ain't right with this case.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Frogzilla View Post
    The confusion really did start right away with this case. You can find the discussions about what she was wearing that day very early in the threads here. There are mentions, and for some reason I thought this as well before looking back, of different missing posters having flip flops, others had sneakers or no footwear description whatsoever.
    I tend to think she had sneakers in her car already and wore the flip flops whenever she could, maybe contributing to the initial confusion.
    Also in the Jackson Sun article, the conversation with her friend was BEFORE the "flurry" of phone calls between KB, DS, HB and maybe others (?) about DS being confronted by other family members on the Grandmother's property that morning. So whatever happened to HB happened after she just completed umpteen phone calls.
    -- Holly told Reece she was going to eat breakfast and put her shoes on and said goodbye.
    "All right, Weece," Holly said, calling Reece by her nickname. "I'll see you. Love you."
    Holly studied at the kitchen table for a few minutes, then got a call from her boyfriend, Drew Scott, who had been turkey hunting on the other side of Decatur County on Holly's grandmother's property. Since April 2, the opening day of turkey season, hunters from around the state had been entering the woods a half hour before daybreak.
    One of Karen's relatives did not recognize Drew and his dad, and Drew explained to them that he was Holly's boyfriend and that Holly's grandmother, Karen's mother, had given him permission to hunt on her 60 acres on the south end of the county. Drew called Holly and told her what happened. That was just before 7:30 a.m., according to the family.
    A flurry of phone calls followed between Holly, Drew and Karen about the confusion over Drew hunting on Karen's mother's property.
    Karen said she last spoke with her daughter between 7:30 and 7:35, while Clint was still asleep in his room.
    Investigators have tried to determine what happened to Holly in the next 20 minutes.
    Authorities say they need people to speak up if they saw anything out of the ordinary that morning.http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20...bo-s-abduction
    bbm

And nobody is speaking up except for the neighbour's son who allegedly heard a scream and told his mom to go check the Bobo house.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Does anyone know if there has ever been a case of this magnitude that LE doesn't comment on?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nosyone For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nosyone View Post
    Does anyone know if there has ever been a case of this magnitude that LE doesn't comment on?
    Probably has, but I can't think of a one.

Honestly, this investigation has been so poorly handled that it's shut me up about the lack of quality LE where I live - in OK. Because OSBI, compared to TBI, has come to seem an oasis of info and a keen and professional investigative agency in comparison. For that to have happened, I guarantee it has to be bad.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Where does finding her lunchbag and cellphone fit in though? If, let's say, she heard something and she went outside to check what was going on, would she bring her lunchbag with her? Maybe her cellphone but not the lunchbag, imo.
    supposedly also there was a spilled soda by her car. I assume Holly had gone out not to investigate anything but to get in her car and go to school. She was surpised...
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle View Post
    supposedly also there was a spilled soda by her car. I assume Holly had gone out not to investigate anything but to get in her car and go to school. She was surpised...
    I was replying to OldSteve's post speculating that she perhaps didn't go out to go to class and that's why I asked where the lunchbag would fit into that scenario.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Other than the behavior of Clint, from beginning to end, the strangest thing of all to me is the number of minutes that passed between this person appearing on scene and he and Holly leaving the property. JMO
    Just my opinion, of course.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Other than the behavior of Clint, from beginning to end, the strangest thing of all to me is the number of minutes that passed between this person appearing on scene and he and Holly leaving the property. JMO
    How many minutes do we estimate that to be? Or is it an impossible question, given the uncertainty of a witness account?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

How many minutes do we estimate that to be? Or is it an impossible question, given the uncertainty of a witness account?
    I believe the neighbor heard a scream at 7:40, CB wakes up at 7:50 and for all the events to play out that CB describes is at least 5 minutes.. So I think the general consensus is somewhere between 10-15~ minutes.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frogzilla For This Useful Post:

I believe the neighbor heard a scream at 7:40, CB wakes up at 7:50 and for all the events to play out that CB describes is at least 5 minutes.. So I think the general consensus is somewhere between 10-15~ minutes.
    Thanks. I'd forgotten all that - brain clogged. I did think it was somewhere around 20 minutes, which seems a hell of a long time, so I wasn't that far off I guess.

So if he was there 10-15 minutes, I'd say it had to be someone known to Holly.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Family has not made much attempt to keep it in the media but they did make many appearances locally to raise money. The first few days, they raised almost $30,000 selling t'shirts and such...and it goes way up from the first week.

Quote Originally Posted by nosyone View Post
    Yeah, mostly the deep South. Look at the Tara Grinstead case for starters.

These Sheriff/Pastor types like to keep things to themselves....and the people don't seem to mind either. They follow the Sheriff/Pastors' orders....like sheep.

The Bobo case and the Grinstead case should have both been solved in the first 48 hrs. Can you imagine any LE in the U.S arriving at the scene of the crime within x10 min of 911 (Bobo), with an eye witness and NOT solving the crime. In GA and TN, it seems to happen more than anywhere else in the country.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Even 5 minutes would be a long time...they had to have been having some conversation to last 10-20 minutes before it went bad, or she agreed, for better or worse (obviously worse), to go.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Even 5 minutes would be a long time...they had to have been having some conversation to last 10-20 minutes before it went bad, or she agreed, for better or worse (obviously worse), to go.
    Trying to put this in the best chronological order that makes sense to me (also trying really hard not to include any bias I may have!). It is all so confusing when you consider the overall time spent at the home. A neighbor hears screaming from the Bobo property, 7:40, as he is leaving for work and doesn't take the time to check it out but instead takes the time to inform his mother about it, who I believe was living in a separate dwelling on the same property. Ten minutes pass by and CB wakes up to the sound of dogs barking, 7:50. CB checks windows for meter man and eventually sees HB car in the garage. He calls his mother to see if HB was suppose to be home still but the secretary answers to pass along a message. CB hears arguing voices outside and one he describes as a younger sounding male. He then sees silhouettes kneeling in the garage (looking at a turkey). About this time CB talks with his mother to ask if anyone was suppose to be home. CB then catches a supposed glimpse of HB and camo man walking away together, casually walking with elbows bent. He tries to call HB phone and DS phone, both rings five times and go to voicemail, and CB believes because they are not answering that they must be together. CB then talks with his mother who tells him that is not DS, to grab a gun and call 911. CB then goes out to the garage and sees blood where the silhouettes were kneeling (thinks it's turkey blood), pokes around the property some and the neighbor lady arrives at the home a little after 8AM. As the neighbor lady pulls up, CB then calls 911 but as he is dialing he can hear that the police are close to his home.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frogzilla For This Useful Post:

Trying to put this in the best chronological order that makes sense to me (also trying really hard not to include any bias I may have!). It is all so confusing when you consider the overall time spent at the home. A neighbor hears screaming from the Bobo property, 7:40, as he is leaving for work and doesn't take the time to check it out but instead takes the time to inform his mother about it, who I believe was living in a separate dwelling on the same property. Ten minutes pass by and CB wakes up to the sound of dogs barking, 7:50. CB checks windows for meter man and eventually sees HB car in the garage. He calls his mother to see if HB was suppose to be home still but the secretary answers to pass along a message. CB hears arguing voices outside and one he describes as a younger sounding male. He then sees silhouettes kneeling in the garage (looking at a turkey). About this time CB talks with his mother to ask if anyone was suppose to be home. CB then catches a supposed glimpse of HB and camo man walking away together, casually walking with elbows bent. He tries to call HB phone and DS phone, both rings five times and go to voicemail, and CB believes because they are not answering that they must be together. CB then talks with his mother who tells him that is not DS, to grab a gun and call 911. CB then goes out to the garage and sees blood where the silhouettes were kneeling (thinks it's turkey blood), pokes around the property some and the neighbor lady arrives at the home a little after 8AM. As the neighbor lady pulls up, CB then calls 911 but as he is dialing he can hear that the police are close to his home.

This is a very good summary.

JMO that I think some of the main storyline we have been using is based on the information that was provided in the Jackson article. When that article came out, I began to get very sceptic of the information for 3 main reasons.

First, it took a very long time before these types of details were released, and they were only released from friends + family members and not LE statements. If LE would have provided some of the info, I would have felt much better about what we saw in the article.

Secondly, the Jackson paper began soliciting information from the public before that article came out, so they were going to run an article based on feedback they got. I began to wonder why the paper did not use other local people's feedback, and predominantly only used family + friends feedback. Surely, other people provided some other feedback, but none of that was included at all. If I recall it correctly, the paper actually asked the public to submit their questions and anything they had to say about the case, so I would have thought there would have been other comments included.

Thirdly, the stated 7:50 wake up time. I just cannot see this late wake up time being accurate, with all that was mentioned by the witness happening after he woke up. Just getting out of bed is about a minute or 2, and then with all the phone calls, running around the house, letting phones ring out 5 times each, etc. etc. I just cannot see this time as being accurate. So, IMO only, I have to throw out this wake up time. And, if I then assume this is not accurate, then what else is not accurate.

So, basically, I am sceptic of a lot of the information that was provided. If LE would have confirmed some of the information, I would feel better about it, but I have huge concerns about parts of that article. Especially the parts that seemed to be more about establishing alibis than anything else. For example, the part where it is pointed out about "being across town" and the reason for the flurry of calls. But the wake-up time just seems to be way too late to me to be accurate and still accomplish all that is stated was accomplished.

All JMO.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hatfield For This Useful Post:

OT, but maybe not.....

I had chosen this screen name (Hatfield) quite awhile ago because of the area of the country this case has taken place, and I had no idea at the time, that the HISTORY Channel (HIST) would be running a 3 part show on the "Hatfields and the McCoys". I saw part 1 last night. It is a really good show if anyone gets a chance to see it. It helps to explain how 2 families can get into a very serious long-term fued that ends up with tragedy in both families.

Anyway, just wanted to mention this, as Part 1 last night was really good. I am not sure when Part 2 or 3 will be running, but it is easy to lookup for the History Channel, if anybody is interested.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hatfield For This Useful Post:

Disappearance of Louisiana college student Michaela "Mickey" Shunick eerily similar to Lauren Spierer case

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1wH5kZruf

When I saw this, I immediately thought they should add Holly's picture as well...
    Used to say, "100 years from now, my problems won't matter; now-a-days it's more like 25 years!

Three-No Cases (click to blog)]

Rule-of-Three (click to blog)

Red Flags When Spouse Goes Missing (click to blog)

41. The Following User Says Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

I don't see a connection between Holly and those two aside from them being young and blonde.

S and S were abducted at night Holly was abducted in the morning/daylight
    S and S were in the city Holly lives out of town/rural area
    S and S were alone, away from home, Holly was at home
    S and S were leaving parties, Holly was going to school
    S and S could have been impaired (drinking or drugs at party) Holly was probably not
    White pick up truck (coincidence?) seen around S and S... no vehicle linked to Holly
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

43. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    Disappearance of Louisiana college student Michaela "Mickey" Shunick eerily similar to Lauren Spierer case

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1wH5kZruf

When I saw this, I immediately thought they should add Holly's picture as well...
    Yes, and it was good to see Holly's name in the news also, attached to articles about the two others as evidence that unsolved disappearances are ever with us.

Good to see Holly Bobo's name, yes, ALTHOUGH NOT THROUGH ANY EFFORT ON THE PART OF TBI AND LE TO KEEP HER NAME IN THE PAPERS, THOUGH, AS IT WOULD SEEM THEY HAVE WRITTEN THIS CASE OFF ENTIRELY.

Damn.

45. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

So has the family...

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast