Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AWOLNATION View Post
    Stranger things have happened. Besides, were you there? Do you know how "casual" it was? Or is it second and third hand like all the info? And what's the diff between flip flops and sneakers when faced with a man and a weapon?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Who wears flip flops to school? I don't know, not being from Tennessee. Maybe this is standard dress? Maybe a dress-down day since there was a test?

Quote Originally Posted by AWOLNATION View Post
    Stranger things have happened. Besides, were you there? Do you know how "casual" it was? Or is it second and third hand like all the info? And what's the diff between flip flops and sneakers when faced with a man and a weapon?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    No need to get snarky Her brother said they walked side by side into the woods and he only thought she was in danger after the neighbour showed up and even then, he was still convinced it was Drew and the blood was turkey so yes, I would consider his account of the events as a casual stroll into the woods with her boyfriend to look at dead turkeys.

Yes, there is a huge difference between flip flops and sneakers when faced with a man with a weapon especially if there was a struggle of some sort considering blood was found in the carport.

But of course, this case is so bizarre in itself with the perp kneeling with Holly in the carport so who knows. Maybe he let her take her lunchbag and walked slowly with her so she wouldn't lose her flipflops.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

One would be more prone to wear flip-flops inside and not to school - did Holly first encounter the perp inside then and was subsequently taken without time allowed for tying her shoes on? If so, though, why'd she have all the other stuff - cell phone, lunch "wallet," etc.?

I feel I knew more about this case the first day I read about it than I do now - not in terms of details, but just having an idea as to what took place early on.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

FWIW

Flip flops seem to be the footwear of choice for young college age women, no matter the weather. I overheard one 18 yo say they were "casual cute". Anyways, I imagine that Holly wanted to look cute walking from her car to class across campus and then would change into "appropriate" footwear for the nursing program if she had actual class that day (labs). If all they were doing was testing, maybe the footwear didn't matter.

So I think she was probably walking out to her car- not surprised in the house.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    One would be more prone to wear flip-flops inside and not to school - did Holly first encounter the perp inside then and was subsequently taken without time allowed for tying her shoes on? If so, though, why'd she have all the other stuff - cell phone, lunch "wallet," etc.?

I feel I knew more about this case the first day I read about it than I do now - not in terms of details, but just having an idea as to what took place early on.
    Well if we believe the initial release by TBI it was a home invasion.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Yes, meant to throw that factoid in my post but became confused thinking about this whole thing and wound up in kitchen making a sandwich instead, lol.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    If we are to believe the narration of the events of the morning Holly's abduction...she communicated to her friend that she was putting on her shoes.MOO

10-8-2010
    Jackson Sun

Family and. Friends reconstruct events leading up to Holly's abduction
    <snipped>
    Right after Karen left, Holly spoke on the phone with Hannah Reece, her friend and fellow nursing
    student. Reece was the last of Holly’s classmates to speak with her.“I knew Holly before I started the nursing program, but at the start of the year she was just a nursing classmate,” Reese said.“By April, she was like my best friend.”
    The morning Holly disappeared, Reece and Holly texted back and forth about their test that morning.
    Reece’s cell phone signal was weak.“So around 7 o’clock I called her on her cell phone from my
    house phone,” she said. Holly told Reece she was going to eat breakfast and put her
    shoes
    on and said goodbye.“All right, Weece,” Holly said, calling Reece by her nickname,
    I’ll see you. Love you.

Now,this is consistent with what I would expect a nursing student would wear. There are all kinds of reasons that a nurse in training,would be expected to wear closed toe shoes. Foremost,is tripping in flip flops and futher injuring your patient. Health professional's
    for hygienic reasons .....(i.e. working with bodily fluids,risk of spreading disease,infecting patients wounds,contamination of all kinds in a sterile setting)would make it suspect,a nursing
    student,would be allowed to go to the classroom (in nursing school)for any reason in an open toed shoe. Isn't that why they're in nursing school to develop good habits for their eventual profession. MOO
    Last edited by MizStery; 05-23-2012 at 04:35 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MizStery For This Useful Post:

Where'd the "black flip-flops" info come from in the first place? Was that from Clint? The NCMEC description of what Holly was wearing when she disappeared still does not include mention of any sort of footwear whatsoever.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Where'd the "black flip-flops" info come from in the first place? Was that from Clint? The NCMEC description of what Holly was wearing when she disappeared still does not include mention of any sort of footwear whatsoever.
    No clue. I'm guessing Clint or Karen. Clint as the eye witness or Karen as the mom who may have noticed her black flip flops missing.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MizStery View Post
    If we are to believe the narration of the events of the morning Holly's abduction...she communicated to her friend that she was putting on her shoes.MOO

10-8-2010
    Jackson Sun

Family and. Friends reconstruct events leading up to Holly's abduction
    <snipped>
    Right after Karen left, Holly spoke on the phone with Hannah Reece, her friend and fellow nursing
    student. Reece was the last of Holly’s classmates to speak with her.“I knew Holly before I started the nursing program, but at the start of the year she was just a nursing classmate,” Reese said.“By April, she was like my best friend.”
    The morning Holly disappeared, Reece and Holly texted back and forth about their test that morning.
    Reece’s cell phone signal was weak.“So around 7 o’clock I called her on her cell phone from my
    house phone,” she said. Holly told Reece she was going to eat breakfast and put her
    shoes
    on and said goodbye.“All right, Weece,” Holly said, calling Reece by her nickname,
    I’ll see you. Love you.

Now,this is consistent with what I would expect a nursing student would wear. There are all kinds of reasons that a nurse in training,would be expected to wear closed toe shoes. Foremost,is tripping in flip flops and futher injuring your patient. Health professional's
    for hygienic reasons .....(i.e. working with bodily fluids,risk of spreading disease,infecting patients wounds,contamination of all kinds in a sterile setting)would make it suspect,a nursing
    student,would be allowed to go to the classroom (in nursing school)for any reason in an open toed shoe. Isn't that why they're in nursing school to develop good habits for their eventual profession. MOO

Yes I agree but I already got poo poo'd over and over about the flip flops and how it's not unusal for kids to wear flip flops to school even in winter months.

What do I know. I live in cold country and have never seen kids wear flip flops in the snow but I was told some do.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Who wears flip flops to school? I don't know, not being from Tennessee. Maybe this is standard dress? Maybe a dress-down day since there was a test?
    BBM

I wouldn't be afraid to say 1/2 the people I went to school with & 1/2 the kids at my daughter's school. (guys included)

Most of the kids at my daughter's school wear flip flops (Rainbows, mainly) until it gets around 55 degrees, then they switch up to whatever winter boots are "in" that year.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AnonymousD For This Useful Post:

This is what I was meant to say, that nursing students have a dress code and footwear would be lace up shoes. I do not believe Holly was allowed to wear open toed shoes. Sure,if there were not rules in their nursing handbook(syllabus ) . I am sure many students ...nursing or other wise would wear flp flops. That is why her friend Reese said Holly was putting on her shoes (I think she wore lace up tennis shoes.) So I call BS on her wearing flip flops on the way to her classroom exam.MOO

Jackson Regional Practical Nursing Program Campuses

Barbara W. Avent, B.S.N., R.N. Program Coordinator

424-0691, Ext 120

TENNESSEE TECHNOLOGY CENTER @ JACKSON

2468 Technology Center Drive, Jackson, TN 38301 731-424-0691
    Ms. Lana Pierce, Interim Director

Mrs. Helen Riggs, A.D.N., R.N., Instructor, Parsons Campus

Ms. Heather Collazo, B.S.N., R.N., Clinical Faculty, Parsons, Campus

Dress Code
    During classroom hours students may wear casual clothing that projects a non-offensive appearance to a diverse population. Clothing must cover the tops of the shoulders, cleavage, back, stomach and thighs.

*Uniforms are to be clean, wrinkle-free, and in good repair. Dresses are to be worn knee- length. Shoes and laces are to be clean, polished, and in good repair. Students are expected to bathe daily and exhibit non-offensive personal hygiene in classroom and clinical.

*Complete uniform is worn with appropriate skin tone undergarments and plain white hose, knee-hi or trouser socks in all clinical areas except when given other
    instructions by the instructor. Complete uniform includes hospital photo ID badge (where applicable) and name tag.

*Hair is to be worn neat, clean, and off the collar. Extreme hair fashion, hair coloring and/or ornaments are not permitted.*

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MizStery For This Useful Post:

Trying to think, in all these threads for Holly did we ever get caught up in discussing her flip-flops?
    Keep in mind, she was going in for tests that day...
    The school she went to was an extension, not a main campus.
    "oldsteve" - no relation to anyone outside this forum. My posts not to be used/quoted outside of Websleuths.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    Trying to think, in all these threads for Holly did we ever get caught up in discussing her flip-flops?
    I hope you do not think I am a broken record.

The handbook includes the Parsons Extention Campus. This syllabus is a PDF which I copied and pasted in my post #133 MOO

It specifically mentions in the beginning of the LPN handbook at the Parsons Extention Campus the dress code. The administrators of the LPN program listted in the handbook are Mrs. Helen Riggs, A.D.N., R.N., Instructor, Parsons Campus and Ms. Heather Collazo, B.S.N., R.N., Clinical Faculty, Parsons, Campus.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MizStery For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    Exactly, thank you. The post above says that casual clothes can be worn to class, but that lacing shoes must be worn with uniforms. There is clearly a difference between classroom and clinical attire. And we know Holly was taking a test that morning.

This wasn't the middle of winter. We're talking April in Tennessee, right? April in Ohio is a little dicier - it could be 80 degrees, or it could be snowing, you never know. But on warm April days in college, flip flops to class was not at all unusual.

OldSteve, your rule of three has really got me thinking.....

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irish_Eyes For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 84 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast