Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Jose Baez Releasing New Book!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anakerie View Post
    Poor poor Baez... He's not having much luck selling his book... At least, not on Amazon.. (Barnes and Noble has it marked down to about $18... lol)

His "masterpiece" has fallen more today. *Gasp!* His book is at #88 in the Books > Biographies & Memoirs > True Accounts > Murder & Mayhem category...

I'll bet Bozo had high hopes that his book would sell better than Ashton's did... Unfortunately for Baez, it's looking like he isn't even going to get close to having a "best seller" book..

Speaking of "books".. I bought myself a Mother's Day present yesterday... I now have a Nook Tablet and am having a good time browsing through some of the free books and things... Anyone have any recommendations?
    Anything by James Patterson.
    Now that my babies are grown and on their own, I have my dh of 32 years to care for, as well as Schatzie, our white German Shepherd. She is now the baby of the household.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FLmom777 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Bogart View Post
    According to JB's FB, his publisher is working out cities for his book tour, based on population, and as the book sells, will add more cities depending on those sales. (totally paraphrased)

Is it okay to post this?
    I'll bet the one city that won't see a book signing is anywhere in Orlando. I could guesstimate Ohio, Dallas, maybe L.A.-Hmmm, that's about it. It'll more than likely be on one of those cards in some magazine-'Buy 10 books for just $1.00'-book of the month club.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigMomma For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    My suggestion?

New Amsterdam, Indiana -- Population - 1

OMG! This is too funny! I can see we can have a time with that one, picking out little unknown towns-I pick Bodie, CA.-Ghost Town. I think the population is 0 except for the Forest Rangers and some tourists here and there.
    Last edited by BigMomma; 05-13-2012 at 07:12 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigMomma For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Friday View Post
    Snip:

Re my bold--

I remain forever dumbfounded that even now, JA doesn't seem to realize that he was the one who got duped by CA and GA (and LA)--duped into believing that they were not really his sworn adversaries, and duped into underestimating how poisonously successful their performances on the witness stand would be. IMO, JA empowered the A's by failing to pounce on every single mistruth they uttered under in sworn testimony from day 1, and to treat them with all the harshness and threats of prosecution the law allowed from day 1. Conversely, I'll be very surprised if JB has anything unfavorable to say about CA and LA, because they were always his allies, and I doubt they will approve of him slandering GA at this point, because it's no longer necessary or helpful to OCA.
    Oh, how you've been missed!!
    oxoxoxo

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    He is a DEFENSE ATTORNEY! That means he knows many of his clients are guilty as sin, if the crime is so heinous they can't deal with it they don't take the case. Otherwise they DEFEND TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITIES as that is their purpose/job.

This Casey Anthony case has become an archetype which is why people are so obsessed over it. For gosh sakes yes, the kid was probably killed, but there is NO EVIDENCE NOR REASON TO BELIEVE SHE WAS tortured or abused. There is NO EVIDENCE that Casey was cruel or sadistic towards her child.

How many young kids/babies are tortured and abused horrendously because they are the offspring of twisted parents? A LOT! Yet this case strikes a nerve and gets all of the attention.
    I think it's the whole "leave your baby girl in a swamp to rot" part that folks may find torturous. Or it could be that we don't know if Caylee was alive when she was taped and bagged and stuffed in the trunk. The rest...well, we don't know what happened when Caylee and Casey were alone 'cause no one was there to see it. Abused in the traditional sense...maybe not...but ignoring a child is abusive in my book. Again, who really knows. IMPO, our legal system does not treat the death of the child the same as the death of an adult. If it did, then maybe we would have fewer crimes against children. Every child's death at the hands of an adult is heinous.
    JMHO

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    Here are some suggestions for Chapters in Jose Baez's Book:

Chapter One: "June -- I Mean July 17th, 2008 -- The Day I Sold My Soul."

Chapter Two: "Cowboys and Puerto Ricans."

Chapter Three: "Licorice - Red or Black?"

Chapter Four: "The Smirk."

Chapter Five: "The Half-Truth -- The Whole Half-Truth - Nothing but the Half-Truth -- So Help Me -- Oops, I Already Sold My Soul."

Chapter Six: "Imaginary Friends."

Chapter Seven: "No Friends."

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to A_News_Junkie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by A_News_Junkie View Post
    Chapter Six: "Imaginary Friends."

Chapter Seven: "No Friends."
    Chapter Eight: 'Iornic and Iornicer'

Chapter Nine: 'What Crabby Puffs?'

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BigMomma For This Useful Post:

You Two! ! and you know who you are - I am
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

He is a DEFENSE ATTORNEY! That means he knows many of his clients are guilty as sin, if the crime is so heinous they can't deal with it they don't take the case. Otherwise they DEFEND TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITIES as that is their purpose/job.

This Casey Anthony case has become an archetype which is why people are so obsessed over it. For gosh sakes yes, the kid was probably killed, but there is NO EVIDENCE NOR REASON TO BELIEVE SHE WAS tortured or abused. There is NO EVIDENCE that Casey was cruel or sadistic towards her child.

How many young kids/babies are tortured and abused horrendously because they are the offspring of twisted parents? A LOT! Yet this case strikes a nerve and gets all of the attention.
    But then most people who really love their children don't usually place three pieces of duct tape across their child's face, triple bag them and throw them in a swamp after dressing them in a "Big Trouble Comes in Small Packages" tshirt that the mother claims was too small for her child. How much more twisted could she get? Since there was not much evidence left to tell just how twisted KC was I guess we will never know. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

18. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Cindy thought she could force a sociopath to change if she were strict enough. Pure ego, though at the trial she did try to remedy her mistake.

Cindy should have taken that child (since she apparently wanted the child) and helped the daughter get fixed. Casey wouldn't likely have killed anyone unless forced ino a bad situation.

No one worries about Casey Anthony being their neighbor, she is NOT a predator.

This was family business and IMO opinion it should remain so.
    As long as KC is of child bearing age she's a predator.

When DCF is involved it's never just "family business". jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

20. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anakerie View Post
    I almost wish I lived in a city big enough to attract Baez and his publisher... I would love to go to the signing and make a show of refusing to buy his book... lol
    Maybe he should stay away from Tampa. There may be 12 angry jurors that may decide to show up all at once.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

To car mom

Sent from my iPhone
    q<3 VHead <3

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Vhead For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Vhead View Post
    To car mom

Sent from my iPhone
    Omg im so sorry. My nephew grabbed my iPhone and started typing.

Sent from my iPhone
    q<3 VHead <3

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Vhead For This Useful Post:

I’ve been thinking about this book and trying to figure what he could possibly write about that would be a surprise to anyone. He already said at the end of the trial that we well will never know what happened to Caylee so what is left? (who can’t explain an accident?) Nothing I care about. I mean seriously, this guy is epitome of every lawyer joke ever told.
    ďThe fact that Casey Anthony was the last person to have custody of her daughter, failed to report her missing (or dead) for 31 days, consistently lied once confronted, and the child was found dead and hidden, and she failed to tell what actually happened despite repeated opportunities to do so to her family, friends or law enforcement, (even when faced with the death penalty) was sufficient to find her guilty -- not necessarily of premeditated murder, but certainly all lesser charges. The duct tape and other forensic evidence provided additional, but not necessary, evidence. ď
    Quote from: Judge H. Lee Sarokin
    Retired in 1996 after 17 years on the federal bench

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to coco puff For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Vhead View Post
    Omg im so sorry. My nephew grabbed my iPhone and started typing.

Sent from my iPhone
    I thought it was for another chapter title. lol

Quote Originally Posted by coco puff View Post
    Iíve been thinking about this book and trying to figure what he could possibly write about that would be a surprise to anyone. He already said at the end of the trial that we well will never know what happened to Caylee so what is left? (who canít explain an accident?) Nothing I care about. I mean seriously, this guy is epitome of every lawyer joke ever told.
    Business must be really, really slow for JB. JA had to retire to write and finish his book. Maybe he will tell us how he became a forensic expert overnight. That should be interesting. <Yawn> jmo

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Iíve been thinking about this book and trying to figure what he could possibly write about that would be a surprise to anyone. He already said at the end of the trial that we well will never know what happened to Caylee so what is left? (who canít explain an accident?) Nothing I care about. I mean seriously, this guy is epitome of every lawyer joke ever told.
    Late to the game, but I'm wondering that too. Where in the heck did he get 352 pages from? He has nothing to say and managed to get 352 pages. I am just amazed at that. I will SO not be reading his garbage. He has nothing new to share that we don't already know. I mean seriously, he has opened his mouth up so many times, I can't believe there's anything left we don't already know. He's so full of it. I bet Ashton is having a good laugh at Baez's expense right now.

33. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

NOTHING!

He took on his clients persona, and lied and lied and lied his ass off, for her!

I was appalled back then and am appalled now...he's got nothing to say that piques my interest...he's as unethical as they come and had to once again, one up JA...

I certainly put all the blame on those Pinellas twelve who had no regard that a child was dead. Nor did they care to find who was the one who threw this baby in the swamp, triple bagged and duct taped over her airways...They make me as Baez makes me and ICA makes me ill...

IIRC, one juror claimed, we couldn't decide who had Caylee last..Well dumbass, did you read the police report given from the mouth of the mother?

This, they claim, the acquittal did not mean not guilty! Then why the hell did you allow a murderer to walk free? Why didn't you at least compromise with a 2nd degree murder conviction...at least she would have stayed behind bars while she still had her child bearing years in affect...she can still have babies and I fear for that child, if and when she has another...

I'd not allow her to babysit my dogs, let alone someone elses child..

I still believe there was a 'stealth' juror on that panel...I also believe both Baez and ICA were too smiley, happy when they learned, the jury has reached a verdict...It appears to me, they knew by then she was not going to be found guilty...and I see the blame game takes flight with each horrific case I've seen since then...It appears no one takes responsibilities for their actions and take it to trial for a jury doesn't do their due diligence..
    ď It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man by argument. Ē

ó William McAdoo

35. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to LiveLaughLuv For This Useful Post:

Just saw on twitter that Baez is going to be on Dr. Drew tonight. Just Great!

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

rossva is offline George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.
    Couldn't the same be said about EVERYONE who wrote a book about the trial? After all, we ALL know how it ended.

" When ever you find yourself on the side of majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    - Mark Twain

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rossva For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    Late to the game, but I'm wondering that too. Where in the heck did he get 352 pages from? He has nothing to say and managed to get 352 pages. I am just amazed at that. I will SO not be reading his garbage. He has nothing new to share that we don't already know. I mean seriously, he has opened his mouth up so many times, I can't believe there's anything left we don't already know. He's so full of it. I bet Ashton is having a good laugh at Baez's expense right now.
    Of course he has lots to say! Every sentence will be all about him.

41. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to elementary For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elementary View Post
    Of course he has lots to say! Every sentence will be all about him.
    Yup it will. Chemistry, forensics, cadaver dogs, whether or not his defendant has committed suicide or not - all of those topics he has a wealth of knowledge about....
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

43. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    BBM

Crayon takes up more pages than typeface. Also, every pop up covers two pages.
    Buttons updated 09-27-2014

Made by HD ----->

Warning: Some buttons may be offensive!
    BAD WORDS AND OFFENSIVE MATERIAL,
    AND STUFF LIKE THAT THERE!!

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    Maybe he should stay away from Tampa. There may be 12 angry jurors that may decide to show up all at once.
    Ummmm Lamby, they didn't even have the guts to convict a murderer, no way are they going to show up at a book signing. Besides they have no way of knowing as they don't watch the news, read newspapers and apparently don't even own computers. From the way they discribed themselves you would have thought they stayed lock up in their houses with the blinds drawn. Ya know under rock dwellers so to speak.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

46. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:

I can think of one person who might buy the book. The prosecutors office. I can just see them poring over the book looking for illegal irregularaties to send to the bar for review.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

48. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast