Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jose Baez Releasing New Book!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki View Post
    Hello, I stopped by and read the new news here, which isn't really new to us.
    If Baez has a book signing and anyone can stomach going, I thought it would be pretty funny if these questions were asked of him. Might be nice to see how much he squirms, stammers and stutters. LOL
    If he had one and I am not working, I hereby volunteer to take upon my shoulders this daunting task. Anybody that knows me, knows that I have a big mouth and am not afraid to use it. I would also ask him when his negotiations started with the publisher. We already know that he said he had a book in the works when ja released his. Jb did not withdraw as attorney until last month. He couldn't possibly have started this in such a short time. The statute forbidding such action is in this thread. If he answers that it was before he withdrew, any time frame, I will immediately file a complaint with the Florida bar. I even have a cousin that I can call to assist me in the proper wording. I will of course have evidence of his reply in the form of my video phone.

We need a Frye hearing to determine whether the contents of this book meet the sniff test. Dr. Vass won't be needed. We'll just count the flies.

"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand...and melting like a snowflake." - Marie Beynon Ray

JA's book is in its 2nd or 3rd printing, and he just sold his book writes for a TV movie.

Its been suggested that A's were paid big bucks and a new car for their Dr Phil interview.

Mark Nejame was selected as CNN's new Legal Analyst.

Seems a few folks have made out very well except JB, who spent 3+ years by her side defending her. Add to that, there does not seem to be takers for OCA's "I'm all better now" interview.

What if what also really burned JB was not that JA called him smarmy in his book, but that JA wrote nicely about CA & GA, and that he felt that they were both completely duped by OCA, and where not involved in any way. What is that is not true for one or both of them, and JB can prove it? He'd not be breaking OCA's confidence, and he has none with the A's.
    Last edited by zippitydoda; 05-08-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to zippitydoda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoda View Post
    JA's book is in its 2nd or 3rd printing, and he just sold his book writes for a TV movie.

Its been suggested that A's were paid big bucks and a new car for their Dr Phil interview.

Mark Nejame was selected as CNN's new Legal correspondent.

Seems a few folks have made out very well except JB, who spent 3+ years by her side defending her. Add to that, there does not seem to be takers for OCA's "I'm all better now" interview.

What if what also really burned JB was not that JA called him smarmy in his book, but that JA wrote nicely about CA & GA, and that he felt that they were both completely duped by OCA, where not involved in any way and had no idea what really happened. What is that is not true for one or both of them, and JB can prove it? He'd not be breaking OCA's confidence, and he has none with the A's.
    Ca would have no problem suing him for slander (or is it libel). If he accuses them of anything without proof outside of what fca told him, he is toast. If he uses what fca told him, he is breaking attorney client privilege. There is nothing he can tell anybody that will change the opinion of the general public, he helped a murderer go free.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to FLmom777 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FLmom777 View Post
    Ca would have no problem suing him for slander (or is it libel). If he accuses them of anything without proof outside of what fca told him, he is toast. If he uses what fca told him, he is breaking attorney client privilege. There is nothing he can tell anybody that will change the opinion of the general public, he helped a murderer go free.
    There are letters that JB passed between them early on, only they know what they contain - for now. Also, CA & GA met with JB many times - and I don't think their conversations are protected.

JB is a guy who knows a lot of things about a lot of things. I would expect that he would seek council to confirm exactly what he could state in his book - just as JA did.
    Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to zippitydoda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sherbie View Post
    We need a Frye hearing to determine whether the contents of this book meet the sniff test. Dr. Vass won't be needed. We'll just count the flies.

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to BigMomma For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    I just asked a lawyer friend and he cited this: According to Bar Rule 1.8(d), [p]rior to the conclusion of representation of a client, a lawyer shall not make or negotiate an agreement giving the lawyer literary or media rights to a portrayal or account based in substantial part on information relating to the representation.

That implies that the attorney DOES need to get permission from their client, which surely also implies Casey is getting a cut.
    BEM: IANAL but if I'm reading this rule correctly, it states that 1) this rule only applies if the client is STILL represented by the lawyer, and 2) this rule doesn't say anything about getting or giving permission.

Can anyone shed light on this and how it could be implied/concluded that JB would need permission from KC (ex-Client) or that this in any way implies she is getting a cut? TIA.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pcrum12 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pcrum12 View Post
    BEM: IANAL but if I'm reading this rule correctly, it states that 1) this rule only applies if the client is STILL represented by the lawyer, and 2) this rule doesn't say anything about getting or giving permission.

Can anyone shed light on this and how it could be implied/concluded that JB would need permission from KC (ex-Client) or that this in any way implies she is getting a cut? TIA.
    Hey, whether he rides off on that horse into the sunset, saddle bags full or money, with or without Mrs. FCA, let's just hope he rides.....and rides........and rides......and rides......

14. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to bayouland For This Useful Post:

A book by JB---who gives a rat's a--!!!!!!!

16. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to dr dona For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sherbie View Post
    Blow Flies?????

18. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to TotallyObsessed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bayouland View Post
    Hey, whether he rides off on that horse into the sunset, saddle bags full or money, with or without Mrs. FCA, let's just hope he rides.....and rides........and rides......and rides......
    Exactly....

Don't go away Mad...just go away....

Whooo this was fun. I needed this today.

20. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to TotallyObsessed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pcrum12 View Post

He would need express permission from her to violate Attorney/Client privilege. She would need to waive it for the time he represented her.
    He can not sign a book deal while representing her. After he withdrew, he can. But he still cannot disclose privileged information UNLESS FCA signs a waiver.

Which she probably would do. If she did that, and he told all the dirty...they both would be rich. And I, for one, don't understand why they don't because that is the only thing anybody would pay to hear or read or watch. And....
    she can't be prosecuted again.

Go for the Gold. She needs to earn it here on earth, because she sure as shock won't have it where it counts.

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TotallyObsessed For This Useful Post:

No way no how - unless 100% of the profits were being donated to Klaas Kids.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    Part autobiography,Part behind the scenes so it 's all old news. I would not pay 1 red cent for anything he has to say!A better title would be "How I fooled 12 gullible people".

"Presumed Guilty, Casey Anthony: The Inside Story"

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...z-book-details

Intended to be part autobiography and part "behind-the-scenes" expose, Baez's book details the case's seminal moments, including his first meeting with Casey Anthony and his "bombshell" opening statement.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mikeysmommom For This Useful Post:

Ashton's book made it onto the New York Times' Best Sellers list.. Let's see where JB's book falls...

Seriously though.. you could not pay me to read that garbage.

MOO
    Vinnie Politan "HUG the KIDS ... give them the love Caylee deserved but did not get from her mother"

Kelsey's story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWow42TCwzg

27. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Thinker Belle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mikeysmommom View Post
    Part autobiography, Part behind the scenes so it 's all old news. I would not pay 1 red cent for anything he has to say! A better title would be "How I fooled 12 gullible people".
    Respectfully Snipped & RBBM :

Hilarious ...

And he can start off each chapter with "Good Morning, Ladies and Gentlemen" ...

Oh, may I add a few "adjectives" before the "gullible" ...

29. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dr dona View Post
    A book by JB---who gives a rat's a--!!!!!!!
    Agreed.

Justice and power must be brought together,
    so that whatever is just may be powerful,
    and whatever is powerful may be just.
    Blaise Pascal

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Desdemona For This Useful Post:

rossva is offline George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.
    Pre-ordered my copy today.
    " When ever you find yourself on the side of majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    - Mark Twain

33. The Following User Says Thank You to rossva For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rossva View Post
    Pre-ordered my copy today.
    I am so glad you did. Please make sure to come fill us in on the "tidbits" and "bombshells" won't you?

35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TotallyObsessed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bayouland View Post
    I see that someone is thinking about horses besides me. I'm thinking that he's going to ride that one trick pony until her legs fall off. (Picture that if you will) If FCA is getting a cut, she either feels that she owes him one or that it's the only was to make money off of her case. If she isn't getting a cut, then I would think that she'd be PO'd. I wouldn't buy the book. I'll just wait until someone on this board gets bored enough to read it and post on it. If you wait a couple of days after it's on the market then I'm sure that we could find info on it somewhere online for free.
    I think that the title should have been: RED LICORICE
    Now, if someone would just write a few books with the titles of:
    How Twelve People Got it Wrong OR
    How Many Attorney's Does it Take to Get You Off of a Murder Charge OR
    That one kind of sounds like a joke. You can make up your own punch line if you like. OR
    You Too Can become an Attorney in Florida (Ethics not required, heck, you don't even have to know how to spell). Sketch pad and Markers included. It even comes with a ream of paper and a box of crayons to keep your client busy. ***wink-wink*** OR
    Why No One Was Held Accountable in the Death of Caylee Anthony. I just might read one of those titles.
    Heck, if FCA did sign a waiver so what, we all know that the book would be a book of lies, JB admitted in court that his client was a liar. We all know that she's a liar. Please pass the whip, I'm not done beating this horse.
    Why can't they hear the children's voices?

37. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mikeysmommom View Post
    Part autobiography,Part behind the scenes so it 's all old news. I would not pay 1 red cent for anything he has to say!A better title would be "How I fooled 12 gullible people".

"Presumed Guilty, Casey Anthony: The Inside Story"

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...z-book-details

Intended to be part autobiography and part "behind-the-scenes" expose, Baez's book details the case's seminal moments, including his first meeting with Casey Anthony and his "bombshell" opening statement.
    Ok, the book is set to be released July. When is FCA off of probation, August?

A little Steve Miller Band song is playing in my head....

"Go on take your money and run......"

39. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bayouland For This Useful Post:

Hi Everyone.. does anyone here remember Wudge?
    Lord~please give me a break~Love, Noreen.

41. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:

I think he'll sell a few books - not so much because people want to hear what he'll say - but because they'll wonder what the heck he can say.

When I read Jeff's book - I don't remember anything that I thought - well that's an outright fabrication. But Baez - how can he tell the truth? Even if it's "his truth" we all saw him at the trial - the only thing he had going for him was the jury that wasn't.

I'm going to watch for an excerpt because I read the motions from the early days that he wrote.. so it will be interesting to read how he expresses himself. But as far as believing any bombshells about FCA...well..
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

43. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nore View Post
    Hi Everyone.. does anyone here remember Wudge?
    Yup - and that's all I'm sayin.....
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

45. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    No way no how - unless 100% of the profits were being donated to Klaas Kids.
    Kimster...tell those aliens to put you down & look again at the thread topic. We're talking about Jose Baez, honey.
    Never interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast