Sacred White Buffalo murdered

lorann

Reaction score
Reward for Slaughter of Sacred White Buffalo Upped to $45,000

A year ago, a rare white buffalo later named Lightning Medicine Cloud was born near Greenville, Texas, on the Lakota Ranch. Last week, the animal was found killed and skinned; a day later its mother was also found dead.

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...of-sacred-white-buffalo-upped-to-45000-111914

Just pure evil at work, makes me sick. We had a thread on this when it was born but I can't find it.

Reward for Slaughter of Sacred White Buffalo Upped to $45,000

A year ago, a rare white buffalo later named Lightning Medicine Cloud was born near Greenville, Texas, on the Lakota Ranch. Last week, the animal was found killed and skinned; a day later its mother was also found dead.

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...of-sacred-white-buffalo-upped-to-45000-111914

Just pure evil at work, makes me sick. We had a thread on this when it was born but I can't find it.

This is heartbreaking. Some ranchers won't even announce when White Buffalo Calves are born for this very reason. :sigh:

Pte san win, White Buffalo Calf Woman, is an integral part of Lakota life, every calf born is sacred...

http://www.encyclopedia.com/article-1G2-3424503324/white-buffalo-calf-woman.html

So senselessly cruel. Absolutely sickening. :(

Yes, sometimes I just have to take a break and not read of tortured, missing, and killed children because it just gets to be too much. Then I hear this. My daughter lives in TX and just told me about this. I just hope their trophy (the hide) is seen and someone gets to collect the $45,000 by turning them in.

On May 12, 2011, a white male buffalo calf named Wakinya Pejuta Mahpiya which means Lightning Medicine Cloud in Lakota was born near Greenville, Texas during a thunderstorm on the ranch of Arby Little Soldier.[10] In May 2012, less than year after it's birth, Lightning Medicine Cloud was found on the Lakota Ranch, butchered and skinned by an unknown individual. It's mother was found dead the next day.

Buffalos are normally brown in color; white buffalo can result from one of several physical conditions:
They may be leucistic, with white fur but blue eyes, instead of the pink seen in albinos.
They may have a rare genetic condition which causes a buffalo to be born white, but to become brown within a year or two as it matures.
They may be albinos, in which case they will remain unpigmented throughout their lives, and may also have hearing and vision problems.
They may be beefalo, a bison–cattle crossbreed, and thus have inherited the white coloration from their cattle ancestry.

White buffalo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was reading that, too, Jacie, that he had to be targeted...at this point he was just a lovely light brown, so someone had to know who and what he was, and his importance. I had tears looking at the beautiful pics of him, and of the naming ceremony. I wonder if this could be classified as a hate crime, in addition to any animal cruelty charges etc.? After all, if someone desecrates items in a church or synagogue or mosque, I would think those are hate crimes, aren't they? I see no difference here with this poor little guy.

Gawd the world sucks sometimes. Way to go, guys, you killed a sacred being! All I can picture is some nihilistic young guys doing this because they themselves are just empty of anything meaningful or spiritual. Ughhh. :furious:

The first male born in 150 years and someone thought they had the right to do something this horrendous! This person should go to prison for a long time. It is unspeakable!

Killed the mother so she would never have another albino calf. This is a sick person! I hope they catch the person(s) and turn them over to the Lakotas for tribal justice! Such a cruel and senseless act!

The first male born in 150 years and someone thought they had the right to do something this horrendous! This person should go to prison for a long time. It is unspeakable!

Killed the mother so she would never have another albino calf. This is a sick person! I hope they catch the person(s) and turn them over to the Lakotas for tribal justice! Such a cruel and senseless act!

BBM

What a cold heartless thing to do..the monster(s) need to be caught before any more senseless, heartless killings are committed :(

I was reading that, too, Jacie, that he had to be targeted...at this point he was just a lovely light brown, so someone had to know who and what he was, and his importance. I had tears looking at the beautiful pics of him, and of the naming ceremony. I wonder if this could be classified as a hate crime, in addition to any animal cruelty charges etc.? After all, if someone desecrates items in a church or synagogue or mosque, I would think those are hate crimes, aren't they? I see no difference here with this poor little guy.

Gawd the world sucks sometimes. Way to go, guys, you killed a sacred being! All I can picture is some nihilistic young guys doing this because they themselves are just empty of anything meaningful or spiritual. Ughhh. :furious:

IF the jerks who killed this calf are caught, I would like to see AIRFA, American Indian Religious Freedom Act, used against them. It is a federal law that protects expression, These rights include, but are not limited to, access of sacred sites, freedom to worship through ceremonial and traditional rights and use and possession of objects considered sacred. It is a stretch but I think a judge might see it that way. In Oceti Sakowin, [Sioux/Lakota] culture, this is a huge act of desecration or intolerance, as well as to all people. I would not want to be the people who did this, they brought some serious bad medicine on themselves.

American Indian Religious Freedom Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If AIRFA [see previous post] can be used, it is a federal crime.

This saddens me tremendously! I can't help but think this was someone who knew exactly what this animal meant to the Lakotas. Now they have their trophy! Does this fall under a hate crime?

It not only meant a lot to the Lakotas. It meant a lot to all of us who will never have the chance to see another one.

I'm against anyone doing this to any animal!

This crime would not come under tribal law because of location and jurisdictional law.

Why don't we use the same punishments that we give to people who have murdered, raped, kidnapped, etc. people and apply that to these sick SOB's who kill, torture and mutilate animals? I mean, animal cruelty is a sign of a budding psychopath, so why don't people take these crimes more seriously?

For those who can stomach it, here's a site that shows just how staggering a number of causes, just like this, happen every year.
http://www.pet-abuse.com/database/

Why don't we use the same punishments that we give to people who have murdered, raped, kidnapped, etc. people and apply that to these sick SOB's who kill, torture and mutilate animals? I mean, animal cruelty is a sign of a budding psychopath, so why don't people take these crimes more seriously?

For those who can stomach it, here's a site that shows just how staggering a number of causes, just like this, happen every year.
http://www.pet-abuse.com/database/

So does murdering animals for food count? Or do we just let that go since cows taste so damn good?

Only reason most people care about this poor little guy being murdered is because he was rare and special to the Lakotas. How very sad that is.

This is very sad for my Native brothers and sisters. I am Native American but not Lakota. I hope they catch this monster and put him in prison. I don't think they should announce a white buffalo is born. It should be kept in sacred confines and not be known to the general public.

leanaí;7890819 said:
So does murdering animals for food count? Or do we just let that go since cows taste so damn good?

Only reason most people care about this poor little guy being murdered is because he was rare and special to the Lakotas. How very sad that is.

Can you elaborate on this a little more? I'm not quite understanding what you're trying to say. :waitasec: do you mean we should are about all animals, and not kill them to eat as well? Or that you think we only care about Lightning Medicine Cloud, but we don't care about other abused and murdered animals?

The first point i have some a lot of sympathy for - I'm nearly at the point where I'm not even okay with killing animals for food, if one has the physical and financial means to avoid doing so.

The second point I would dispute - there are many folks here who care about the welfare of animals, all of them, not just LMC. I think though that he deserves the extra attention, since he was such a spiritually important animal to many, so we have the added aspect of not only the animal cruelty and murder, but the desecration of a sacred life. :twocents:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back