Verified Insider
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4

The Rules (please make sure you know the rules),

REMEMBER: No cutting and pasting of comments from other social or media websites. You may paraphrase and provide a link.

The only social media sites allowed are those belonging to the victim and any named (by law enforcement) POI or Suspect, or site created and devoted to the search Allison.

ETA: Media/Timeline Reference Thread: AU-Allison Baden-Clay,43,Brisbane QLD, 19April2012 MEDIA/TIMELINE LINKS,NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

13MONTHS???? 13 MTHS???? OH....if the loan has been taken out with insurance....thats the golden time when 'in case of death' there is a 13 mth rest phase...therefore, if ABC signature is on their and she as a guarantor signed then...no need to pay back as the insurance you take out usually is paid on death, criticall illness and involuntry unemployment.....not suicide.......just saying here....

think ill go to the shops myself....this is getting to me....

The above post puts much in perspective. Thanks BrizzychickinUSA

Ok I am going to try this again. Hopefully it won't be removed.

Just wondering if perhaps we have a member who is steering us in wrong direction of alleged mistress,perhaps covering for them?
To those who remember me mentioning THAT twitter account, was I incorrect in assuming that this person is not involved? I am trying to clarify so that I am not assuming something about this person.
Will leave it there.

Ok I am going to try this again. Hopefully it won't be removed.

Just wondering if perhaps we have a member who is steering us in wrong direction of alleged mistress,perhaps covering for them?
To those who remember me mentioning THAT twitter account, was I incorrect in assuming that this person is not involved? I am trying to clarify so that I am not assuming something about this person.
Will leave it there.

Don't know, Curiousacat. Haven't seen the Twitter comments. Have read the link in your above post, however, re: new partners being welcomed into the business in August 2008

But Tiff07's post below (from the last pages of Thread #4) aligned with said-location of an ex-partner/colleague, makes me wonder if, after all, the placement/location of Allison's body was deliberate? Long shot I realise and not something I entertained previously. But could it have been a clumsy and desperate attempt to set someone up?

Quote Tiff07:
I would be slightly shocked if the ex colleague being interviewed by police was ever Gerards Mistress. No idea about the Mistress sorry. What I do know is that I've been flamed on here for insisting the older woman who worked for Gerard for 8 years and became Gerards business partner in 2008 and now works for re-max is the ex colleague being questioned by police. She and a younger male associate gave Gerard $300 000 13 months ago for an investment that soured. An ex colleague was then quoted in the paper as saying "it could have worked, it should have worked, but it just didn't". Both business partners resigned the same day, which was 13 months ago now. From what I can tell about Gerards sideline business, Oasis Finance, which is a trust for investors, the ex colleague may be getting pressure from police and lawyering up from a business angle, not necessarily the murder...although her proximity to the route of where Allison was driven to be dumped is rather ominous

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226344121450

Don't know, Curiousacat. Haven't seen the Twitter comments. Have read the link in your above post, however, re: new partners being welcomed into the business in August 2008

But Tiff07's post below (from the last pages of Thread #4) aligned with said-location of an ex-partner/colleague, makes me wonder if, after all, the placement/location of Allison's body was deliberate? Long shot I realise and not something I entertained previously. But could it have been a clumsy and desperate attempt to set someone up?

Quote Tiff07:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226344121450

Honestly, I am so confused right now, I don't know what to think anymore. Brissiechicks comment about the 13 months gave me goosebumps.
The last page on thread 4 should be added here as there I think there was progress being made.
Can't really find anything about the male business partner mentioned in article.
No wonder there were PEOPLE of interest, the police must certainly have a lot of information to sort. :banghead:

The Courier Mail this morning is running a copy of the funeral notice in the article http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-ipswich-funeral/story-e6freoof-1226350333476

and here is the actual notice
http://tributes.couriermail.com.au/...on-baden-clay-dickie&pid=157500203&fhid=12396

What I find interesting is it says "Wife of Gerard. Loving Mother of Hannah, Sarah and Eleanora. Precious Daughter of Geoff and Priscilla. Much loved Sister and Sister-in-law of Vanessa and Bradley, Ashley and Lisa. Dear Granddaughter, Daughter-in-law, Sister-in-law and special Aunt, Niece and Cousin. Family and Friends are warmly invited to honour Allison,"

EVERYONE is "much loved", "precious", "dear" etc BUT Gerard it simply says "Wife of Gerard". Just seems odd to me that he doesn't get a beloved or something!

Does anyone know for a fact that the woman who was interviewed and this business-partner woman are one and the same, or is it just speculation?

Ok here's some more info of interest from GBC's blog.

I am adding this to aid in previous discussions about GBC and his Fathers relationship.

Link- http://liveweb.archive.org/http://expertrealestate.blogspot.com/2008_09_01_archive.html

Point of interest- Story Heading - The father lode

Not so long ago a father was a success if he could put a roof over his family’s head. Now it takes a roof, deck, home theatre, teen retreat and pool. And that’s just the holiday house. These aren’t easy times to be a father, let alone a “good father”. Just as the world seems to be spinning faster than ever before, requiring us to work harder and for longer, not always fully comprehending why or what for, fathers are also trying to make better use of family time. To engage with their children. To empathise with their wife or partner. To not only lead but to inspire, comfort and understand. As far as job descriptions go, it’s fairly heady stuff. Working in the real estate business used to be about finding new owners for houses. Now, thankfully, we speak of families and “homes”. We don’t simply negotiate prices, draw up contracts and hand over keys. We help people move. I’m increasingly aware of the cost and time pressures placed upon modern families, not least of all because I feel them too. As fathers – I have three little girls, all being expertly groomed to look after me in my dotage! – we are all trying to do our best… and sometimes that’s even enough. I am fortunate to have a wonderful father whose ideals and practices I could do no better than to emulate. He strikes a nice balance between work and family, always with the understanding that when the see-saw comes to rest, it comes down on the family side."

Honestly, I am so confused right now, I don't know what to think anymore. Brissiechicks comment about the 13 months gave me goosebumps.

The last page on thread 4 should be added here as there I think there was progress being made.

Can't really find anything about the male business partner mentioned in article.

No wonder there were PEOPLE of interest, the police must certainly have a lot of information to sort. :banghead:

Agreed !

From April 27, we have this, from a Courier Mail article, complete with photo of GBC shaking then-Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's hand

His company, Settle Westside, took out a $300,000 loan with a former business partner in December 2011.

The business partner now works for a competing real estate agency.

A former business associate said Mr Baden-Clay was "very outgoing and very professional about running his business"

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...built-on-honesty/story-e6freoof-1226340594889

Obviously, many will have seen it weeks ago, but there may be newbies who haven't

Then there's this link which provides an overview and links pertaining to GBC's career projectory (which seems to have experienced as many ups, downs and tail-spins as the recent, failed Korean rocket)

http://www.yatedo.me/p/gerard+baden-clay/normal/4c2ebf5b0612eff57a455714b077cea3

(again, many who've been with the case from the outset will be familiar with it, but at the same time, others may not have seen it)

I'm remembering now a comment in another forum, where a poster alleged they had found nothing to substantiate GBC's alleged accounting credentials

From the timeline on http://www.yatedo.me/p/gerard+baden-clay/normal/4c2ebf5b0612eff57a455714b077cea3 it appears he moved from accounting to a job as a travel agent. Seems an odd career side-swerve, doesn't it?

And below, from the Courier Mail article linked above:

His career began in the early 90s, working as an accountant for KPMG and later Designer Work Wear.

From there, he moved on to the tourism industry, landing a job with Flight Centre as a travel consultant in Toombul.

That same year, 26-year-old Allison Dickie, a pretty girl with a dancing background who spoke six languages, was installed as the manager of Flight Centre's Ipswich store

His career seems to have see-sawed as much as his weight (winner of the quadrangle-run, 1988-1990)

One of the more puzzling aspects for me (ditto those with whom I've discussed it) is why two business partners would hand over $300,000 -- and then exit the business? Why? They'd been partners in the business since 2008. More than anyone, they'd know the shape that business was in by the time they parted with $300,000. They would have known the calibre and acumen of the individual to whom they were lending such a large sum of money and presumably would have known reasonably well the chances they had of retrieving that money. They clearly didn't want to stick around to safeguard their investment, surely? So why would they hand over the money and head for the door (same day, according to the media reports)?

Hmmmm.

Re above comment "The business partner now works for a competing real estate agency."

Interesting to note??? The dates may be wrong though.....

Here is a short snippet of what I was just reading. Link to full article below.

"In reality, however, such pressure has the opposite effect on some agents, reducing them to tactics and behaviour that compromise not only their own integrity but the integrity of the industry as a whole. If their behaviour didn’t affect me and the community in which I live and work, then I would have nothing to say about this. But it does directly affect me and it directly affects you. No names or pack drills here – I seek not to expose the offender but the practice, the practice being to erect For Sale signs on properties prior to any contract being signed. It is first and foremost illegal. It is secondly unethical. And it is finally reprehensible." Article continues......

http://liveweb.archive.org/http://expertrealestate.blogspot.com/2008/02/its-just-not-cricket.html

Ok here's some more info of interest from GBC's blog.

I am adding this to aid in previous discussions about GBC and his Fathers relationship.

Link- http://liveweb.archive.org/http://expertrealestate.blogspot.com/2008_09_01_archive.html

Point of interest- Story Heading - The father lode

Not so long ago a father was a success if he could put a roof over his family’s head. Now it takes a roof, deck, home theatre, teen retreat and pool. And that’s just the holiday house. These aren’t easy times to be a father, let alone a “good father”. Just as the world seems to be spinning faster than ever before, requiring us to work harder and for longer, not always fully comprehending why or what for, fathers are also trying to make better use of family time. To engage with their children. To empathise with their wife or partner. To not only lead but to inspire, comfort and understand. As far as job descriptions go, it’s fairly heady stuff. Working in the real estate business used to be about finding new owners for houses. Now, thankfully, we speak of families and “homes”. We don’t simply negotiate prices, draw up contracts and hand over keys. We help people move. I’m increasingly aware of the cost and time pressures placed upon modern families, not least of all because I feel them too. As fathers – I have three little girls, all being expertly groomed to look after me in my dotage! – we are all trying to do our best… and sometimes that’s even enough. I am fortunate to have a wonderful father whose ideals and practices I could do no better than to emulate. He strikes a nice balance between work and family, always with the understanding that when the see-saw comes to rest, it comes down on the family side."

' Not always comprehending why or what for ' ?

Kernels of truth surrounded by spin?

' World spinning faster than ever before' ?

Guess there are a lot of men who try to live up to parents' expectations and ambitions, marrying and producing children because it's expected of them. Living a lie. Finding no personal satisfaction. Always pretending, gabbling away, covering-up, scared and dead inside, terrified of slipping and of being found out to be other than their polished, practised exterior?

Edited to add that he sounds overwhelmed/struggling in his above blog. Trying for the light touch and achieving it in patches. I'm sure a lot of men would agree with what he's written. Not that it's original - many psychologists are bemoaning the same things on behalf of men/fathers. Just as the same psychologists warn women against trying to be supermums. Parenthood has never been a cake-walk, even for those rare people who have unlimited money and time

The last bit, about his own father, sounds tacked-on to me. Dutiful son? Upholding the perfect extended family image? Or 'suggested' by someone who did his proof-reading, as in, ' Don't forget to include your father and say what a perfect example of fatherhood he is for you' ?

Does anyone know for a fact that the woman who was interviewed and this business-partner woman are one and the same, or is it just speculation?

Hi Paradox - not ignoring you. Yours is a valid question

You might find confirmation in the last several pages of Thread #4 -- in posts which comment on the media's use of the term (paraphrased) ' a female colleague who worked under him'

If not, members from the Day Shift will doubtless be along soon and they might be able to point you in the right direction :)

' Not always comprehending why or what for ' ?

Kernels of truth surrounded by spin?

' World spinning faster than ever before' ?

Guess there are a lot of men who try to live up to parents' expectations and ambitions, marrying and producing children because it's expected of them. Living a lie. Finding no personal satisfaction. Always pretending, gabbling away, covering-up, scared and dead inside, terrified of slipping and of being found out to be other than their polished, practised exterior?

Edited to add that he sounds overwhelmed/struggling in his above blog. Trying for the light touch and achieving it in patches. I'm sure a lot of men would agree with what he's written. Not that it's original - many psychologists are bemoaning the same things on behalf of men/fathers. Just as the same psychologists warn women against trying to be supermums. Parenthood has never been a cake-walk, even for those rare people who have unlimited money and time

The last bit, about his own father, sounds tacked-on to me. Dutiful son? Upholding the perfect extended family image? Or 'suggested' by someone who did his proof-reading, as in, ' Don't forget to include your father and say what a perfect example of fatherhood he is for you' ?

PERFECT EXTERIOR hides the cracks and holes in the foundations of all his relationships business, and family alike. And what kind of person even blogs this utter garbage....

"as the same psychologists warn women against trying to be supermums"

Was GBC harbouring feelings of inadequacy to the family after being an absent husband and father?

It is fact. When I get more time I will lay it out for you with the msm links and other relevant info allowable within this sites TOS's to show you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer