850 users online (115 members and 735 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Sarah Benford, 14, Northhampton, 1 April 2000

Three people have been arrested on suspicion of the murder of missing teenager Sarah Benford.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/3207919.stm

Bumping for Sarah. I wish I could profile her on my site but I only do American cases -- I'd like to do foreign ones but I'm swamped as it is.

She has a sweet face. I don't know if I'm convinced that she's dead. I was just reading a book called "The Missing" by Andrew O'Hagen where he writes about British missing people -- not specific cases per se, but the phenomenon in general. Apparently there are a lot of people in England who are missing and don't know, or they do know and simply don't care. O'Hagen interviewed a girl who said she knew she was missing and had seen her posters, and didn't make a great deal of effort to hide herself, she just didn't use her real name and didn't call home. I wonder if Sarah might be in that faceless crowd. It's certainly better than the alternative. You can never give up hope.

Matches on yahoo

UKMEC profile

Printable poster

SARAH BENFORD
    Case Type:
    DOB: 19-Mar-86
    Missing Date: 31-Mar-00
    Sex: Female
    Age Now: 18
    Height: 5'7" (170 cm)
    Weight: 0 lbs (0 kg) <----I guess it was unknown
    Hair Colour: Blonde
    Eye Colour: Blue
    Missing City: NORTHAMPTON
    Missing State :
    Missing Country: United Kingdom

Case Number: UK34NP01
    Circumstances: Sarah has not been seen since the end of March 2000 when she left home in Northampton. She is of slim/thin build with short hair that may be dyed blonde, but has also been dyed red before. Sarah has a self-made tattoo of a cross on the top of her left arm. It is now believed Sarah's appearance has changed to that of the second photograph.

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
    Northamptonshire Police
    Police National Missing Persons Bureau - Freephone 0808 100 8777
    Or Alternatively

Northamptonshire Police, Contact during office hours, Tel: 01604 888540, Out of office hours, Tel: 01604 703320

*the country code for the UK is 44*

With love and HOPE, Lanie

Police still looking for Sarah ten years on
    April 2010

Ten years after 14-year-old Sarah Benford went missing police have said they are still looking.

[snip]

Speaking on the 10-year anniversary of the teenager's disappearance, Detective Chief Inspector Neil McMahon, from the Investigations Directorate, said: "The investigation into the disappearance of Sarah Benford remains an open investigation.

[snip]

Almost 5,000 lines of inquiry were followed, with 663 statements made and 918 reports collated in what was the biggest missing person search Northamptonshire police had seen in 20 years.

More: http://www.northantset.co.uk/news/lo...rs_on_1_748482

Police investigating have begun searching an area of woodland following a cold case review of her disappearance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4301p56fV