Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: 5-9-12 Steven Powell Trial *GUILTY!!!* 6-15-12 SENTENCING HEARING

Quote Originally Posted by A_News_Junkie View Post
    " Also, Davis said Powell has been classified as "low risk" to commit another crime upon release." from link quoted.....

So who is this Davis and how on earth does he come to that conclusion????
    Good question. Maybe all the karma got ole SP & he has a lack of libido. Nasty old pervert. I hope so.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:

SP is not going anywhere. The only way he can be moved to a prison out of state is if he were to go to a federal prison. Inmates serve their time in the state where their offenses were committed. Another state is not going to take on the expense of housing him. SP did not work directly with inmates, so he is not at risk where that is concerned. What he is at risk for from other inmates is that even most criminals/inmates don't like what he did, IMO. Davis is just blowing smoke.

JMO
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    SP is not going anywhere. The only way he can be moved to a prison out of state is if he were to go to a federal prison. Inmates serve their time in the state where their offenses were committed. Another state is not going to take on the expense of housing him. SP did not work directly with inmates, so he is not at risk where that is concerned. What he is at risk for from other inmates is that even most criminals/inmates don't like what he did, IMO. Davis is just blowing smoke.

JMO
    Actually, states trade prisoners all the time. They make contracts with each other. Diane Downs killed her kids in Oregon, but after escaping, she was sent to New Jersey for some time, and then moved to Purdy, Washington where she still is.

Here is a recent story on how states sometimes trade prisoners or contract the job out. http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no..._river_default

States need to have ways to move problem inmates, especially if they are escape risks.

Now in the Powell instance, since he only has a few months left, I doubt they will move him, and I doubt he will be a danger to others or an escape risk, so he will probably stay where he is. For his neighbor's sake, I hope he sells his house and finds a new place to live. Maybe between a toxic body of water and a junk yard. (Do they have any nuclear plants in Washington?)
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gwenabob For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Know? View Post
    Good question. Maybe all the karma got ole SP & he has a lack of libido. Nasty old pervert. I hope so.
    BBM Do you have any idea how hard it is to throw up and laugh at the same time?

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jacie Estes For This Useful Post:

Radioactivity

Quote Originally Posted by gwenabob View Post

Do they have any nuclear plants in Washington?

Hanford, you absolute genius.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_785358.html

Now I'm

Laughing

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laughing For This Useful Post:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-02-20-36-56

Social workers tasked with protecting the children of Josh Powell did not consult with law enforcement or explore his potentially violent past before allowing him to host supervised visits at his home, a panel found Thursday.

bbm

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-02-20-36-56

Social workers tasked with protecting the children of Josh Powell did not consult with law enforcement or explore his potentially violent past before allowing him to host supervised visits at his home, a panel found Thursday.

bbm

Unbelievable. I hope the Coxes get a shipload of money out of this. And I hope it goes to court so that the state cannot hide behind a confidentiality agreement. I know a lot of money won't bring back their beautiful daughter and grandsons, but it might get the state to take their responsibilities seriously in the future.
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gwenabob For This Useful Post:

If it wasn't for it being such a sick, sad case you could call it a comedy of errors. However, there's nothing funny about it.
    Buttons updated 09-27-2014

Made by HD ----->

Warning: Some buttons may be offensive!
    BAD WORDS AND OFFENSIVE MATERIAL,
    AND STUFF LIKE THAT THERE!!

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819