http://www.kpho.com/story/18151559/p...ach?hpt=ju_bn6

The 56yr old victim was heard by neighbors talking to someone at 3am and just thought the victim had friends over. At 8am she hears banging at her door and when she opens it, she finds her neighbor bound, gagged and covered in bruises.

The victim told police she had been tortured for hours and raped repeatedly, while being forced to drink bleach.

According to police, a cab driver had knocked on the front door to pick the victim up and take her to a scheduled doctor's appointment.

It appears that the knock on the door scared the rapist off, police said. The suspect ran out of the apartment and hasn't been seen since.

Police said the suspect is black, 25 to 30 years old, medium height and build, shoulder-length dreadlocks and wearing a baseball cap backwards, a gray T-shirt, dark shorts and flip-flops or sandals.

Detectives spent the day looking for evidence.

"Forensic evidence is a key and crucial part of solving crimes," said Sgt. Tommy Thompson. "It ties a suspect to a scene and that's what we're trying to do, get information to identify this individual and bring him to justice."

Police said they do not have any reports of similar attacks in the area and there is no indication the victim knew her attacker.

Neighbors are planning to take extra precautions when it comes to their safety.

"I'm having somebody stay here with me," said Patterson. "You never know
I hope someone catches this sick, sadistic bastard.