May is Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month

Jacie Estes

Medical Marijuana Advocate
Reaction score
We have had 2 deaths this week from motorcycle accidents, here in the Black Hills.

If you are riding, BE SAFE. If you are driving on the road with motorcycles around, BE CAUTIOUS. thanks

May is Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month
Motorcycles are vehicles with the same rights and privileges as any motor vehicle on the roadway. Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month is a national initiative aimed at getting motorists and motorcyclists to "share the road" with each other.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/Safety/Motorcycles

Welcome to the NAMS Implementation Project

If you have interest of any sort in Motorcycle Safety, then this is the place for you! This site exists for one primary purpose: to make certain the recommendations delivered by the National Agenda for Motorcycle Safety go beyond the written page. This site will serve as the Rallying Point for the many diverse individuals and entities who desire to contribute to motorcycle safety. So welcome to this gathering place where collaboration among peers is the norm!

http://www.implementnams.org/

Thanks Jacie...have lots who ride in my fam, always worry about them all!

I always look left, look right, look left, before I leave an intersection.

Lost some friends and I give bikes a lot of room on the road.

Ugh. I HATE that some states (cough minnesota cough) don't require a helmet be worn while on a motorcycle.

I cannot wait till someone eats it and splashes their brain all over the roadway while in my line of vision. [/sarcasm]

Ugh. I HATE that some states (cough minnesota cough) don't require a helmet be worn while on a motorcycle.

I cannot wait till someone eats it and splashes their brain all over the roadway while in my line of vision. [/sarcasm]

I live in Louisiana, and my husband and I ride. (gotta love them Harleys!)

We do have a helmet law here, but when I purchased my helmet, it came with a little "disclosure" note. Apparently, most accidents that occur when traveling THIRTEEN MILES AN HOUR or higher will result in fatalities. That doesn't say much for using helmets!

My husband and I have put some sort of kit onto our bike to make it even louder than a stock Harley. We did this not to be cool, but so that idiot drivers who aren't looking for us might hear us and avoid hitting us.

Just yesterday, we were leaving a restaurant, still in the parking lot, when a car turned left, right in front of us, to get into a parking space. We barely avoided being hit. I guess that woman thought her need for a front row parking space trumped our need for health and life.

The bottom line is that even while riders beg car drivers to be alert, WE better be hyper-alert and drive very defensively.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back