998 users online (147 members and 851 guests)  

Websleuths News

Angry MO - Dachshund was second dog burned

A dachshund that was burned Saturday morning in north Benton is the second dog to be set afire recently in Bossier Parish, officials said Thursday.

A teenager has admitted being involved in dousing a miniature schnauzer with a flammable liquid and setting it on fire about 10 days ago, Bossier sheriff's spokesman Ed Baswell said Thursday.

"A day after the (miniature schnauzer) was burned, this person went back to where the dog was and the dog was indeed dead."

Benton resident Ryan Hodges reported to the Bossier sheriff's office that Sasha Marie, his wife's 3-year-old miniature schnauzer, was missing a couple of days after word spread that Coco, the 4-year-old dachshund, was burned. When Sasha didn't return home, Hodges said he became convinced she had been tortured.

"It's a fairly complicated situation," Baswell said. "Right now, we know that at least one of the teens was involved in the burning of both dogs. We are still trying to figure everything out."

The dachshund was taken from a neighbor's home to Cycle Plant Road Cutoff northeast of Benton, doused with lighter fluid and set afire several times with a cigarette lighter because the dog would run away and the flames would go out, authorities have said. Coco, a red dachshund that is about a foot long and stands about 6 inches tall, last was seen running into woods and has not been found.

Investigators arrested two more people Thursday night in connection with the burning of the dachshund, bringing the total number of arrests to six in that case.

Kristi Kay Maroon, 40, of the 100 block of Cattleman's Trail in Benton was charged with one count of accessory after the fact. And a 16-year-old boy was charged with cruelty to an animal, Baswll said. Authorities withheld the boy's name because he is a juvenile.

Three teenage girls, including one Baswell said is the dachshund's owner, and a teenage boy previously have been charged with burning the dachshund.

Full Story

I hate what humans do to one another, but when they torture and kill an innocent, helpless animal…I have no words for that.

Scott Petersons *in training*?
    “I know God won’t give me anything I can’t handle. Sometimes I just wish He didn’t trust me so much.” Elizabeth Smart

Quote Originally Posted by dani
    I hate what humans do to one another, but when they torture and kill an innocent, helpless animal…I have no words for that.

Scott Petersons *in training*?
    Exactly. They are working themselves up to bigger things. SICK!!!