Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Confuddled View Post
    Thank you to the powers that be who just did what they did!

I agree

I havent posted today....Words truly fail me today Her poor family and so true, about the "What if he didnt do it?" He has been treated awfully, if that is the case.

Rest in Peace Allison....You were truly an inspiration and will continue to be for many of us. Your beautiful girls will never forget you.....how could they, a lovely mom like you. A hole has been shot through your parents hearts and I do not think that will ever heal. You're death will not be in vain though. So many people have learnt so much.......I am just so sad, it came to this, for so many to see, the potential of harm.

Watch over your lil darlings....They will be taken care of and all will look up and see you shining down. XX

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willough For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
    Isn't this the car he crashed...Displaying number Plates?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/p...-1226339129541
    No, that's a Honda Odyssey, the one he crashed was a Honda CR-V.. The car parked behind Century 21, which people were counting the spokes of, was a (roughly) 2004 Ford Fiesta.

So we have an SUV, a Mini-Van, and small Hatch all being identified as the same car...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mungulz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldingTruth View Post
    Yes..this is all supposition..but just trying to look at things in a different way.. what if he is is helping police to nail the person. He may know who, doesn't mean he had any part in it. Maybe feels remorse because of any association with them..Its all in the who knows territory.. But sometimes people need to stop and look at things differently instead of being so hell bent one way, without facts.
    TBH that could explain soooo much!! That would explain why he's been silent, why he wasn't out there pleading for the killer to come forward, telling people that he's innocent and that they should be helping the police not gossiping about him.
    If he knew who did it and lawyered up immediately so that he could go to the police and tell them what he knew, then I would feel so bad for him!! Though dialling 000 doesn't really indicate this to be plausable...

I think proffesionally he's screwed and his reputation is permanently tarnished now but for that he only has himself to blame, innocent not, he's not handled this well at all...

I'm still so sad for them all, so so so many people have been hurt already and that pain is going to increase 10 fold when an arrest is made - regardless of who it may be, more people will be hurt

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Humdinger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Rain View Post
    Its a Honda Odyssey a 7 seat people mover. Probably his sister's car??
    The car in the crash is a grey honda CR-V with different number plates.

Crash: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/g...989408?page=39

Honda Cr-v 2008 model: http://0.tqn.com/d/suvs/1/0/V/a/-/-/...rear_right.jpg

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paradox11 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Confuddled View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention removed posts.

It was only here briefly, (I can't see it anymore) and it was certainly not the right foot to start off on for your first post ever on these boards.
    saw 2 similar..but wasn't sure if poster removed it themselves..other than that I have no comment

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UnfoldingTruth For This Useful Post:

Some posts were removed.

Please stop discussing other people's opinions in a negative way and instead post your own thoughts and information about Allison's case. This has been requested often and is not fair to those who are not engaged in it. Last warning. I seriously dislike issuing time outs, but that's what is next.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

As an aside -

I find it unusual that a previously perfectly presented man, well shaven perfectly dressed etc. appears at his wife's funeral needing a shave.

I understand that, when she was missing, his presentation may have been the last thing on his mind but the funeral is a different thing altogether.

Also - he may never have worn a wedding ring - some men don't.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Acer For This Useful Post:

I saw one which is now removed..... but like unfoldingTruth, thought maybe they removed it.... Wasn't about the case at all!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crissyz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbinator View Post
    TBH that could explain soooo much!! That would explain why he's been silent, why he wasn't out there pleading for the killer to come forward, telling people that he's innocent and that they should be helping the police not gossiping about him.
    If he knew who did it and lawyered up immediately so that he could go to the police and tell them what he knew, then I would feel so bad for him!! Though dialling 000 doesn't really indicate this to be plausable...

I think proffesionally he's screwed and his reputation is permanently tarnished now but for that he only has himself to blame, innocent not, he's not handled this well at all...

I'm still so sad for them all, so so so many people have been hurt already and that pain is going to increase 10 fold when an arrest is made - regardless of who it may be, more people will be hurt
    I know what you are saying. It doesnt look it. And I'm not having a go at anyone here..but in hindsight we don't always act or do as others perceive we should. And imagine if that was his only crime.. I am very much into trying to keep an open mind and not judging till I know the facts..its not to say I don't have my own thoughts or personal judgements. I just cringe sometimes at some statements on a person, because we've made up our mind one way or another and no room for anything else. Make sense? Anyway, just a thought.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UnfoldingTruth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Some posts were removed.

Please stop discussing other people's opinions and post your own about Allison's case only. This has been requested often and is not fair to those who are not engaged in it. Last warning. I seriously dislike issuing time outs, but that's what is next.
    Thank you

20. The Following User Says Thank You to crissyz For This Useful Post:

He may have been growing a beard prior. I do think until the funeral is over, there is not much "thinking normally" ....in this case, I suspect nothing will be back to normal until the case is prosecuted.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    As an aside -

I find it unusual that a previously perfectly presented man, well shaven perfectly dressed etc. appears at his wife's funeral needing a shave.

I understand that, when she was missing, his presentation may have been the last thing on his mind but the funeral is a different thing altogether.

I agree 100%.
    He appears to have taken the time to "man scape" the growth, why not whip around with a razor and tidy yourself up?

Also, I have been married 9 years and we both stopped wearing rings about 6 or 7 years ago. It doesn't mean we hate each other, we just don't wear them.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Confuddled For This Useful Post:

Just a question on that, did he actually ring 000? I know that was speculated on, but not sure if it was fact,. Maybe just rang local cops? (Told them what had been going on?)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to UnfoldingTruth For This Useful Post:

I'll be heading over to the new registrants in about 15 minutes or so. If any guests want to get registered and start posting tonight, please sign up now. It's 100% free!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    As an aside -

I think the beard is to hide his emotions.

He has a wedding ring in this pic.

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bayside For This Useful Post:

Hi all, been lurking for the last few weeks, I find myself almost obsessed with this case! So close to home I guess, and being close in age to Allison....
    Someone mentioned him not wearing a wedding ring- I just saw a news flash from at St Paul's today and he was definitely wearing it then.......
    I have an overwhelming gut feeling about this , but was sure there would be an arrest today....... Suspense sucks I hope the person/s are charged soon!!!!!
    RIP Allison you have touched so many lives and my thoughts are with her beautiful daughters and mum, dad and siblings xxxx

32. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ippygal For This Useful Post:

This pic taken after she went missing, also has wedding ring on.

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bayside For This Useful Post:

I thought there would be too..... still have a few hours in the day yet.... maybe tonight, after the wake (if there is one of course).... the girls will need their daddy around today.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crissyz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ippygal View Post
    Hi all, been lurking for the last few weeks, I find myself almost obsessed with this case! So close to home I guess, and being close in age to Allison....
    Someone mentioned him not wearing a wedding ring- I just saw a news flash from at St Paul's today and he was definitely wearing it then.......
    I have an overwhelming gut feeling about this , but was sure there would be an arrest today....... Suspense sucks I hope the person/s are charged soon!!!!!
    RIP Allison you have touched so many lives and my thoughts are with her beautiful daughters and mum, dad and siblings xxxx

I wish we were meeting under better circumstances.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside View Post
    This pic taken after she went missing, also has wedding ring on.

Hmmm, maybe he just had it off in that other pic.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to crissyz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldingTruth View Post
    Just a question on that, did he actually ring 000? I know that was speculated on, but not sure if it was fact,. Maybe just rang local cops? (Told them what had been going on?)
    Good point, I don't know if we ever were able to confirm how he made contact with the police, sorry, I shouldn't have said that... I know there's been a lot of discussion but not sure if anyone found a link confirming it...

Surely though if he was absolutely not involved and was assissting police with what he knew, then they'd make it clear that he was not a POI, surely if he was really innocent they'd make an effort to protect his reputation? The police have never said that he isn't a POI.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Humdinger For This Useful Post:

I have mixed feelings about the girls being with their dad today..... What if he is involved?? How will that affect them later??? Hmm..... ???? Of course we don't know if he was, but it's certainly looking that way isn't it? So sad

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ippygal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by crissyz View Post
    Hmmm, maybe he just had it off in that other pic.
    he has lost weight...it looks very loose in this one?

46. The Following User Says Thank You to minni For This Useful Post:

I've been so overwhelmed by this case and I'm constantly thinking of it, of Allison, her children, her parents and her husband. I'm always looking for updates, getting anxious over the fact that no one has been arrested, hoping that they are close and that they're just getting more info to ensure that their case is airtight. Dreading the fact that this could take days, weeks, months a year or more before an arrest is made... It really distresses me I'm sure I'm not the only one!!

I'm going to try and back away a bit. This is all so intense and consuming!

Hugs to you all.

48. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Humdinger For This Useful Post:

Good point, I don't know if we ever were able to confirm how he made contact with the police, sorry, I shouldn't have said that... I know there's been a lot of discussion but not sure if anyone found a link confirming it...

Surely though if he was absolutely not involved and was assissting police with what he knew, then they'd make it clear that he was not a POI, surely if he was really innocent they'd make an effort to protect his reputation? The police have never said that he isn't a POI.
    For sure I reckon!!! They would make it very clear that he isn't a POI... The QPS are keeping pretty quiet aren't they??!!! Frustrating!!!!

50. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ippygal For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast