Thread: NC-Marine sexually abuses 12yr old he met online

NC-Marine sexually abuses 12yr old he met online

http://myfox8.com/2012/05/10/nc-mari...he-met-online/

A U.S. Marine accused of raping a 12-year-old girl he allegedly met online was arrested Wednesday in Fayetteville.

Sergeant Brandon Bowman, 27, was charged at Fort Bragg where he took part in training. Bowman is currently stationed in Huntingdon, England.
    Pic of the perp

He is charged with first-degree rape of a child, two counts of first-degree sex offense with a child, and indecent liberties with a child.

Bowman received a $2,002,500 secured bond and has court planned for Thursday.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TexasRanger For This Useful Post:

What is going on??. ......... .Is the world getting ready to end??
    People are going absolutely nuts!!!

I guess Marine Sergeant Brandon Bowman age 27, was not even considering the consequences of his actions ...
    he was just looking forward to the benefits !!!

And where were the parents of the 12 yr-old girl that rode her bike to meet him in the woods?

Same ugly song, another verse!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to southernnana For This Useful Post:

It seems like every other day we're hearing about North Carolina spousal homicides and murders commited by military personnel [Deliverance?] ... murders like that seem disproportionately high in NC.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    It seems like every other day we're hearing about North Carolina spousal homicides and murders commited by military personnel [Deliverance?] ... murders like that seem disproportionately high in NC.
    I'd say FL beats NC, but it's a close 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Multiple factors could be causing this:

1.Military bases: There are 8 military bases in NC, that is alot for a state that size. The military is an attractive career for certain people (both my parents served with some people who could be described as sociopathic (obsessed with firearms/killing, didn't care about others, etc.), one of their friends even became a mercenary in South Africa.) and also most recruits are males between the ages of 17-25, when hormones run high.

2. Poverty: NC has a high rate of poverty. High poverty/low income areas are well known for being places with high crime (theft, murder, rape, etc) and low LE presence. I've lived in bad neighborhoods in Kileen, TX and Lawton, OK, so I've seen how bad it can get. Also, people tend to get a "us vs. them" mentality about LE.

3. Drugs/Alcohol: Poverty (economy isn't helping) is a reason alot of people turn to drugs/alcohol. Sometimes people view drugs as a way to escape from their lives, but after awhile (as we all know) it gets out of hand and they start a downhill slide. People then turn to theft/burglery/assault as a way to get money to continue their habit.

4. Gangs: Bloods,Crips, and other gangs are heavily active in NC. For your reading pleasure:http://www.ncgangcops.org/NCGangAwareness.pdf