trial thread: 5/11/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so very much to those of you keeping us updated. I haven't seen a speck of footage yet but feel I haven't missed a thing, thanks to you wonderful folks. Plus, reading here instead of "seeing live" helps me keep my "ire" in check. Well, not totally, but I fear I'd smash a tv if I was watching.

Thanks again. You all are the greatest!!

LOL OneLove. I can relate. I have been watching and find myself yelling out at the computer/tv alot. Right now they are showing the defense's direct from yesterday. So you not missing anything. Just TS doing what she does best LIE LIE LIE. If you want to know if TS is lieing all you have to do is see if her lips are moving. If they are she is.

I thank everyone here for all the great updates regarding this case. I've only tuned in to a few days of the trial and needless to say, this TS person is not somebody I like too well-she chafes me the wrong way-I just can't sit through another televised trial. I'm so surprised to connect who her husband is-he was once a highly regarded peddle steel player for the Grand Ole Opry Band and at one time played for the Happy/Vestal Goodman family of gospel singers.

I'll keep checking in here from time to time-Thanks again for a job very well done :)

I thank everyone here for all the great updates regarding this case. I've only tuned in to a few days of the trial and needless to say, this TS person is not somebody I like too well-she chafes me the wrong way-I just can't sit through another televised trial. I'm so surprised to connect who her husband is-he was once a highly regarded peddle steel player for the Grand Ole Opry Band and at one time played for the Happy/Vestal Goodman family of gospel singers.

I'll keep checking in here from time to time-Thanks again for a job very well done :)

That family is his. He named his daughter, Nikki, after his grandmother, Vestal Goodman - Vestal Nicole Smith.

He still is a highly regarded musician. He played with The Happy Goodmans for a few years and then Ronnie Milsap and others.
He was married to Vestal and Howards daughter. Vestal Goodman was not his grandmother. At one time she was his MIL.

Does anyone else think that someone will try to get TPS committed into a psych ward this weekend after the start of her meltdown yesterday at the end of the day?

I mean, JS testified that the search was no big deal - to the point where he fell asleep during it.

Yet TPS made a big production about how the swat team arrived, and helicopters were circling overhead - dramatically showing the helicopters with her arms. Even her voice started getting crazy talking about it. And that she was lying to Det. Ramirez, telling her what she wanted to hear, just to get it over with.

So how come when she called Det. Ramirez about the search warrant, she wasn't panicky on the phone, or complaining about the swat team with their big guns and those helicopters circling overhead upsetting her?

And how could JS have fallen asleep if this was really all going on?

It just really wouldn't surprise me if TPS isn't there on Monday for trial....

He still is a highly regarded musician. He played with The Happy Goodmans for a few years and then Ronnie Milsap and others.
He was married to Vestal and Howards daughter. Vestal Goodman was not his grandmother. At one time she was his MIL.

Ok, I knew Nikki was named after a relation - just got what the relation was wrong.

artsy1 I dont think there is any way that TS would allow herself to be admitted to any type of pysch ward. It would make her look bad in her eyes. I have no doubt she believes she is persuading the jury with her lies. She also would probably go ballistic if anyone called her crazy.

TS's gay virgin cousin is mad as a wet rooster/hen I bet

I thought today was trial, Monday no trial and Tuesday Jury Instructions??

I found the statements interesting about a clerk in law library or wherever TS and EJ were at the time they were filling out paperwork. That is, where they were told to put John Doe as the name of the father and didn't understand what that meant. A John Doe is unknown to you, so Cherry would have been an unknown to EJ? I just don't know that TS is that slick!

Is there somewhere online where I can catch up and watch the trial videos from the beginning? I know with the Casey Anthony trial a lot of sites had the videos from the previous days, but I can't find it for this trial. Thanks in advance!

I dont want to miss her lawyers testimony. Wondering if that will seal her fate one way or the other. If he told her to put down a John Doe or put down the name JOHN DOE how do you prove she knew the difference and I asked this before do you have to prove criminal intent in order to convict? If so i cant see the state winning. I wonder if this case was filed against her purley as a form or harrassment cause they felt at least at the time she knew the whereabouts of the baby? it seems so silly and a waste of taxpayers money. She may be a nut, chatty, out of style etc etc but big deal that does not make her a criminal or at least it sounds like she was caught up in EJ's fiasco and worried about the baby. I just dont see them convicting her and from what little I could hear yesterday as the tape was running out anfd getting pixelated they were discussing lesser lncludeds which means the judge knows they cant get her on the law she was charged with. I think

artsy1 I dont think there is any way that TS would allow herself to be admitted to any type of pysch ward. It would make her look bad in her eyes. I have no doubt she believes she is persuading the jury with her lies. She also would probably go ballistic if anyone called her crazy.

Lol, she may be home reading here and many of us have called her crazy many times. I've no doubt that her "medication of choice" is spouting bible verse to suit her own perspective while continuing to deny her own mental health issues. I imagine she bounces from intense indignation and vengeful resentment to "godly forgiveness". So far, from what I have seen, her "godly" side is the "public alter" while her venomous side is private, except for the passive aggressive slams against anyone she feels has wronged her. I wonder if the daughter that 'visited' with her feels now that she was being used to paint her 'mother' as 'normal' in court.

Now, the OTHER people in her life, wow, just wow. There is no excuse for not seeing the mental issues and doing something about them. I think maybe her #1 enabler has a fragile ego that badly needs her (gross and inappropriate) sexualized attention. Too bad he can't see how sad and needy this makes him look, especially as he seems willing to overlook the screamingly obvious mental issues that are apparent to the world at large. Or maybe they, as a relationship, have "alter" personalities, one public, one private.

Such a sad case for so many people. I wish TS had left EJ alone and given Logan a chance through the courts to get custody of his son. That leverage alone might have induced EJ to get the medical help she so badly needed and be compliant with her medication.

But, then again, the same leverage didn't work that way for TS herself, did it? She chose to waltz off into her own created reality rather than do what she needed to get healthy and keep her own kids. :(

I dont want to miss her lawyers testimony. Wondering if that will seal her fate one way or the other. If he told her to put down a John Doe or put down the name JOHN DOE how do you prove she knew the difference and I asked this before do you have to prove criminal intent in order to convict? If so i cant see the state winning. I wonder if this case was filed against her purley as a form or harrassment cause they felt at least at the time she knew the whereabouts of the baby? it seems so silly and a waste of taxpayers money. She may be a nut, chatty, out of style etc etc but big deal that does not make her a criminal or at least it sounds like she was caught up in EJ's fiasco and worried about the baby. I just dont see them convicting her and from what little I could hear yesterday as the tape was running out anfd getting pixelated they were discussing lesser lncludeds which means the judge knows they cant get her on the law she was charged with. I think

Being "a nut, chatty, and out of style" indeed does not make her a criminal. Commiting crimes makes her a criminal. And she did forge a document, as she has done before, and she did and does lie about it.

And somehow, she manages to surround herself with people who excuse and enable it. Usually with comments about how she's just "ditzy". How 'bout I try forgery to steal someone else's property or child and we just say I'm "unusual" instead of criminal, or that the owner of a car didn't take care of it to MY standards, so I was worried about it and only forged that title to it because I was WELL INTENTIONED. ?? wtf?

My opinion is that your way of thinking is what has allowed this woman to reach the age she is and still have emotional/mental issues AND be criminal. Enabling is no laughing matter.

And if she is not stopped NOW and told this is unacceptable, she will walk away ever so much more dangerous than she was before. And probably thinking she's just too cute too. Dangerous. Scary dangerous.

This is a horrible situation. I firmly believe EJ didnt want Gabriel but she didnt want Logan to have him either. She also used Gabriel as a pawn to hurt Logan. To make matters worse she met some lady in an airport who wanted to adopt Gabriel. EJ thought it was perfect because that would really hurt Logan TS was happy she finally got someone to give their baby to her. I think EJ did flip flop as TS says and that is when TS gave EJ some ideas about what to do and how to do it. 2 mentally unstable people met and then things went down hill from there quickly.
I have seen a couple of people mention Logan's criminal record, EJ has a criminal record, so does TS. She has forgery charges before from my understanding at least a couple of times she was caught for. TS has other charges in her past as well. No one in this group has clean hands but Logan is the only one that has stepped up and said yes I have a record and yes this is what I did. TS cant even admit to a small lie when she is caught red handed on the stand.

Is there somewhere online where I can catch up and watch the trial videos from the beginning? I know with the Casey Anthony trial a lot of sites had the videos from the previous days, but I can't find it for this trial. Thanks in advance!

Not that I am aware of. The only thing I can think of is google but I am not sure what is there.

I think the prosecution is doing good with TS, but they need a bit less droning in their voices. I'm not saying that they need to be massively dramatic, but they've been a little too monotone for me. Yesterday, they could've gotten TS to admit she was in cahoots with the Baseline Killer and I would've missed it because I kept nodding off. A few dramatic pauses and a little more inflection will do wonders, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆