GUILTY AL - Katelynn Arnold, 9, found hanged in tree, Ragland, 11 May 2012

RIP sweetie :(

Will be watching to see what develops on this one. I want to know how this happened.

136107482.jpg

File photo of a crime scene. (credit: Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2012/05/11/8-year-old-girls-death-suspicious-after-found-hanging-from-rope-in-tree/

Such a tragedy! A little 8 year old girl. A rope from an old tire swing. I wonder how this could have happened.

RIP Katelynn

My prayers go out to the family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

This is just so awful to hear! My prayers go out to her family!

I do not believe that an 8 yr old would hang herself from a rope. It doesn't sound believable, imo. I hope they are truly investigating this tragedy/

I too find an 8 yr old purposely hanging herself an unbelievable solution to this one. I was thinking perhaps an accident (climbing in tree and somehow becoming entangled in and then strangled by the rope from the tire swing) or perhaps foul play at the hand of another.

Press conference by county sheriff reveals a 14 year male has been arrested for this. According to the sheriff, there is no way this was accidental. The suspect is related to the victim. They believe him to be a half brother. Very sad day for this family.

the foster living situation indicates a less than perfect childhood for both victim and perpetrator.

So sad. Such a waste. two young lives, full of potential, wasted.

When I first read about this I was hoping it was an accident but very afraid that it wasn't. This is horrible. I feel like crying.

It reminds me so much of a neighbor of ours who was 14 and stabbed a 20 yr old girl to death while she was sunbathing. She caught him peeping through her window and reported him. He killed her in retaliation.

You never expect a child that young to do something like this but it does happen. As in the case of my neighbor even in the best of homes.

This is very sad and it breaks my heart. Poor little Katelyn. I'm sad for both children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back