GUILTY NJ - April Kauffman, 47, Linwood, 10 May 2012

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
"New Jersey authorities are searching for the killer or killers in the shooting death of a local radio talk show host known for her activism on veterans' issues."

"April Kauffman, 47, was found dead inside the bedroom of her New Jersey home Thursday from "multiple gunshot wounds," according to the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office."

"Kauffman, who hosted a weekly talk radio program on WOND, was found around 11:30 a.m. Thursday by a worker who called 911. Kauffman reportedly lived with her husband, a physician, near the Jersey shore in Linwood, about 12 miles from Atlantic City."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/1...o-death-inside-new-jersey-home/#ixzz1uaaL1SYM

The couple were also known to be avid gun collectors, and neighbors told WPVI the Kauffmans have a large vault in their basement where they keep the guns.

Hmmmm....me thinks inside job. People don't break into the house of avid gun collectors when the owners are home unless they are sure the owner can't get to a firearm quickly. They killed her in the bedroom which is the one place where a firearm is always within reach.

The husband's "Why now?" comment is interesting. Would another time have been preferrable?

The why now might refer to the fact that the husband is getting ready to retire and had bought a home in Arizona. I hate to say it, looks like the husband might be the POI. April was very involved in New Jersey and the Vets and probably did not want to relocate.

I'm betting someone knew they kept guns and came to rob the place, but didn't expect her to be home.

The why now might refer to the fact that the husband is getting ready to retire and had bought a home in Arizona. I hate to say it, looks like the husband might be the POI. April was very involved in New Jersey and the Vets and probably did not want to relocate.

Yes divorces are very expensive. Would be interesting if people say she was hesitant to move.

In the above article it states that when her husband left for work in the a.m., there was a pillow over her face?

That is an odd fact to state in the initial report in the news!:what:

Fox News is reporting that an arrest is likely to be soon. I will post a link as soon as I can....I'm having trouble copying on my IPad this morning.

"Police worked Friday toward making an arrest in the fatal shooting of a businesswoman and radio show host who was known widely as an advocate for military veterans.
April Kauffman, 47, was found dead Thursday in the bedroom of her Linwood home, the victim of multiple gunshot wounds. Authorities say a handyman made the discovery.
The day before her death, she co-hosted "The King Arthur Show" on radio station WIBG, a show she had appeared on weekly for at least several months. But the prosecutor said the killing apparently had nothing to do with her work on the radio."

"Atlantic County Prosecutor Theodore Housel suggested Friday that an arrest was likely, though he didn't say how soon or provide any information about a possible suspect."

"We have sufficient information to conduct an ongoing investigation that we believe will ultimately be successful,"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/1...cutor-suggests/?test=latestnews#ixzz1ukUGIXXk

I know there's not much you can tell about a person in a short video clip, but did anyone else notice the husband's expression where he's standing in the street, behind the crime tape, looking at the house? It didn't look like a distraught husband who's wife was just found murdered.

I think (JMO) that this will be a cut and dry case.

Shot multiple times=overkill. Someone hated her or was very angry with her (JMO). Seems everyone in the community loved her so who does that leave?

I know there's not much you can tell about a person in a short video clip, but did anyone else notice the husband's expression where he's standing in the street, behind the crime tape, looking at the house? It didn't look like a distraught husband who's wife was just found murdered.

I think (JMO) that this will be a cut and dry case.

Shot multiple times=overkill. Someone hated her or was very angry with her (JMO). Seems everyone in the community loved her so who does that leave?

My gut say it's her husband. I've had the feeling from the very beginning, when he was reported as saying when he left her that morning, she had a pillow over her head. I just think that is a bizarre thing to say.

Hmmmm....me thinks inside job. People don't break into the house of avid gun collectors when the owners are home unless they are sure the owner can't get to a firearm quickly. They killed her in the bedroom which is the one place where a firearm is always within reach.

The husband's "Why now?" comment is interesting. Would another time have been preferrable?

Her Husband is my Husbands doctor!
He was planning to retire and move to Arizona!
I think that was why he made the why now comment it seems their lives were going good!

But alas things are not always as they appear.

This was her 3rd marriage and second or third for him also.
something was going on!

My gut say it's her husband. I've had the feeling from the very beginning, when he was reported as saying when he left her that morning, she had a pillow over her head. I just think that is a bizarre thing to say.

I wonder if they found her with a pillow over her head?

He is the last person to see her!

He could be suicidal because he regrets his decision to murder her (IF he did) or because he realizes he's not going to get away with it. Or it could be a smokescreen. Have people thinking poor man, he's so distraught at the loss of his wife...

JMO

He could be suicidal because he regrets his decision to murder her (IF he did) or because he realizes he's not going to get away with it. Or it could be a smokescreen. Have people thinking poor man, he's so distraught at the loss of his wife...

JMO

As i see it hes the primary POI!
If he did it he has no way out!

Id like to know if there was someone else in the pic!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back