1199 users online (255 members and 944 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,256

    NJ - April Kauffman, 47, Linwood, 10 May 2012

    "New Jersey authorities are searching for the killer or killers in the shooting death of a local radio talk show host known for her activism on veterans' issues."

    "April Kauffman, 47, was found dead inside the bedroom of her New Jersey home Thursday from "multiple gunshot wounds," according to the Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office."

    "Kauffman, who hosted a weekly talk radio program on WOND, was found around 11:30 a.m. Thursday by a worker who called 911. Kauffman reportedly lived with her husband, a physician, near the Jersey shore in Linwood, about 12 miles from Atlantic City."


    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/11...#ixzz1uaaL1SYM

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,065
    I saw this on the news this morning. She sounds like she was a great person....makes me wonder who would want her dead.

    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...shot-to-death/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    7,175
    The couple were also known to be avid gun collectors, and neighbors told WPVI the Kauffmans have a large vault in their basement where they keep the guns.
    Hmmmm....me thinks inside job. People don't break into the house of avid gun collectors when the owners are home unless they are sure the owner can't get to a firearm quickly. They killed her in the bedroom which is the one place where a firearm is always within reach.

    The husband's "Why now?" comment is interesting. Would another time have been preferrable?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,671
    The why now might refer to the fact that the husband is getting ready to retire and had bought a home in Arizona. I hate to say it, looks like the husband might be the POI. April was very involved in New Jersey and the Vets and probably did not want to relocate.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    736
    I'm betting someone knew they kept guns and came to rob the place, but didn't expect her to be home.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia -- Redneck Country
    Posts
    7,175
    Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    The why now might refer to the fact that the husband is getting ready to retire and had bought a home in Arizona. I hate to say it, looks like the husband might be the POI. April was very involved in New Jersey and the Vets and probably did not want to relocate.

    Yes divorces are very expensive. Would be interesting if people say she was hesitant to move.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    21,583
    In the above article it states that when her husband left for work in the a.m., there was a pillow over her face?

    That is an odd fact to state in the initial report in the news!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    3,080
    Atlantic County prosecutors would not say if they have found the gun used in the shooting yet, and they would not say much about suspect information. But they say there is no reason for neighbors to panic.

    http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...investigation/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,256
    Fox News is reporting that an arrest is likely to be soon. I will post a link as soon as I can....I'm having trouble copying on my IPad this morning.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,256
    "Police worked Friday toward making an arrest in the fatal shooting of a businesswoman and radio show host who was known widely as an advocate for military veterans.
    April Kauffman, 47, was found dead Thursday in the bedroom of her Linwood home, the victim of multiple gunshot wounds. Authorities say a handyman made the discovery.
    The day before her death, she co-hosted "The King Arthur Show" on radio station WIBG, a show she had appeared on weekly for at least several months. But the prosecutor said the killing apparently had nothing to do with her work on the radio."

    "Atlantic County Prosecutor Theodore Housel suggested Friday that an arrest was likely, though he didn't say how soon or provide any information about a possible suspect."

    "We have sufficient information to conduct an ongoing investigation that we believe will ultimately be successful,"


    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/12...#ixzz1ukUGIXXk


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,333
    I know there's not much you can tell about a person in a short video clip, but did anyone else notice the husband's expression where he's standing in the street, behind the crime tape, looking at the house? It didn't look like a distraught husband who's wife was just found murdered.

    I think (JMO) that this will be a cut and dry case.

    Shot multiple times=overkill. Someone hated her or was very angry with her (JMO). Seems everyone in the community loved her so who does that leave?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,065
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    I know there's not much you can tell about a person in a short video clip, but did anyone else notice the husband's expression where he's standing in the street, behind the crime tape, looking at the house? It didn't look like a distraught husband who's wife was just found murdered.

    I think (JMO) that this will be a cut and dry case.

    Shot multiple times=overkill. Someone hated her or was very angry with her (JMO). Seems everyone in the community loved her so who does that leave?
    My gut say it's her husband. I've had the feeling from the very beginning, when he was reported as saying when he left her that morning, she had a pillow over her head. I just think that is a bizarre thing to say.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,671
    Husband hires an attorney named Ed Jacobs. The doctor/husband's car was towed from the scene on Friday.




    http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/n...9bb2963f4.html

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Hudson
    Posts
    1,946
    A funeral was held for April this morning.

    http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/c...9bb2963f4.html

    Please note April's husband's remarks. In my opinion, IMHO, JMO, etc., he sounds suicidal.
    The purity of a person's heart can be quickly
    measured by how they regard animals.
    Anonymous

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    20,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    Hmmmm....me thinks inside job. People don't break into the house of avid gun collectors when the owners are home unless they are sure the owner can't get to a firearm quickly. They killed her in the bedroom which is the one place where a firearm is always within reach.

    The husband's "Why now?" comment is interesting. Would another time have been preferrable?
    Her Husband is my Husbands doctor!
    He was planning to retire and move to Arizona!
    I think that was why he made the why now comment it seems their lives were going good!

    But alas things are not always as they appear.

    This was her 3rd marriage and second or third for him also.
    something was going on!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. KS KS - Randy Leach, 17, Linwood, 15 April 1988
    By ChaCha in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 11-27-2017, 12:03 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-21-2017, 11:23 AM
  3. KS Randy Wayne Leach (17) - Linwood KS, 1988
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 05:14 PM

Tags for this Thread