GUILTY on all 3 Counts!!! Post-Verdict Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here. Please DO NOT talk about other members.

Talk about the trial and the verdict. Talk about the latest media - BUT DO NOT talk about other members.

Thanks,

Salem

From your lips to the Debil's ear.

I hope the other guys on his cell-block nickname him 'Kitten'. You know, for when they're bored and looking for Real Underage "Here Kitty, Kitty!"

(no offense to our WS Kitty posters intended. --> You'd scratch.
MR will roll over and beg for mercy like a starving wild dog fighting for a rancid bone.)

May MR now face 1/1000th of the fear that Tori did.

Lol I cannot imagine him being all whiny and cocky like he was with the detectives during his interrogation on May 20, 2009. Bet MR is kicking his own azz now for not speaking out that night and scheming up a story how TLM made him do it. LOL Have fun with your new life MR, you know you want it! :p MOO

I am so happy, but it still does not bring her back. No matter what she is gone. I hope he is made to feel the terror she was made to feel. Why should he be protected in segragation. Screw that throw him into general population. Why shoud we pay to protect the scum of the earth? Why do they have rights?

I was watching a video and the reporter said that MR slumped when he heard guilty, and the again with each call of guilty. Is that true, guys - did other reporters say that too?

I HOPE SO - I hope it slammed him right in the gut! All 3 TIMES!!!!!

Salem

I was watching a video and the reporter said that MR slumped when he heard guilty, and the again with each call of guilty. Is that true, guys - did other reporters say that too?

Salem

A few things I read and the radio show I was listening to said he kind of slumped, and I think put his head in his hands, but didn't have any emotion on his face. And that he kept standing until his lawyer motioned for him to sit down.

Oh no...I hope that on top of all his other heinous acts, he didn't leave any of the women he conned with this, too. :(

But is it wrong of me to kind of hope he's got them, and that they are flaring up right this very second?

A few things I read and the radio show I was listening to said he kind of slumped, and I think put his head in his hands, but didn't have any emotion on his face. And that he kept standing until his lawyer motioned for him to sit down.
One report stated this MR's knees buckled. A few different things out there about his reaction.

Salem
Yes, it's true Salem. Sorry I have no link--very tired. It's also been claimed that his "eyes sunk."

Here's Christe B's take on it Salem, HTH.

Rafferty closed his eyes at the first “Guilty” pronouncement by the jury foreman, and appeared to be somewhat in shock. He remained standing in the prisoner’s box until his lawyer motioned him to sit down.

It was his only visible reaction
, in stark contrast to a wave of emotion and relief washing over the courtroom, filled with the little girl’s relatives. Her mother, Tara McDonald, burst into tears, while Rodney Stafford, Tori’s father, and his family held hands as they wept.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...lty-verdict-went-through-a-sewer-of-evidence/

Judge Heeney's remarks to the jurors.

“You listened attentively to the evidence, to the submissions and to the charge. And when you deliberated on your verdict, you did not rush to judgment, but you took the time that was needed to carefully consider the evidence before arriving at a decision. And in the end, you arrived at a verdict that was just and amply supported by the evidence.” — Superior Court Judge Thomas Heeney to the jury.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news... RSS/Atom&utm_source=Home&utm_content=2430755

But is it wrong of me to kind of hope he's got them, and that they are flaring up right this very second?

Nope--as long as he didn't pass them around to all the duped women, I hope he's got them and that they're very, very painful.

No worries Shasta! I read about it in the other thread. I'm so glad he is going to be locked up forever!

Salem

I'm off to bed Guys. It was a good day for Tori, may she rest in peace. I hope her family can also find some peace and some relief knowing that justice was served.

Salem

PS - See you all tomorrow!

Fabulous picture of Rodney. So happy to see him smile! All the best to the Stafford and MacDonald families.

Veteran police officers including Bill Renton and Mike Bickerton, who have been on the case for three years, had tears in their eyes.

Rafferty did not show any emotion, did not get up from the bench in the prisoner’s box as the jury left the courtroom after delivering the verdict.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/a...hael-rafferty-guilty-of-killing-tori-stafford

I want everything bad to happen for Mikey. This is not like me at all. I have absolutely no sympathy for him if the cooks spit (or worse) in his food, if he somehow gets beaten up or killed, if "Bubba" takes a liking to him, if no one from his former life ever visits him in prison, if he really does have painful STDs (that I do hope he never passed on!), if he never has another blankie and is cold all the days of the rest of his life, etc. No sympathy. None. Nada. Zilch.

This is a foreign feeling to me. I'm kind of a little bit upset about it.

Had to do it...crawled in bed..gave snoring hubby a shake...heyyy, woot woot guilty all three counts...did ya hear me..guilty all 3 counts....that's nice hun...I am happy for you.

Had the best sleep ever.

Nothing makes us "tick" like an injustice to a child. I am glad the trial is over, and I can slip back into my life and I am sure other posters feel the same. This is a new fresh beginning for RS and TM, yet one with a stark reality. God Bless Tori. You have taught so many, so much.

Thanks posters for all of your insights, humour, tears, indignations and sharing of the ultimate triumph! Another poster said it best. To those who were initially for the defense, please take no offence to my passionate pro crown stance. I am sure that we will be on the same side in another issue at another time. ;) And ultimately...we all wanted the same thing. True and real justice for Tori.

Finally, I am so proud of the LE involved and the crown team and all of the witnesses who so bravely told their stories. I pray for healing for anyone who was scarred or touched by this horrible tragedy.

Wonders if today will be the day...we get back the smilies :OB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member