Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #15 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
tdy-120320-sierra-lamar-2p.grid-5x2.jpg

Sierra LaMar, 15, has been missing since Friday, March 16. She left home early that morning to walk to her bus stop for school. Her cell phone was found along a local roadway shortly after, and her purse/bag was also found later.
Facebook page - www.facebook.com/help.find.sierra

DON'T GO ANY FURTHER UNTIL YOU READ THIS POST!

no one has been cleared but the parents and boyfriend of Siera's mother have not been named persons of interest in the case and we will not be sleuthing or speculating about them at this time...

No arguing, and be respectful of other posters. One opinion is no more valuable than another, and we're each entitled to our own.
Posting links to Twitter accounts and FB pages of individuals other than the victim (and suspect if one is eventually named) is against the rules. Keep in mind that many of Sierra's friends are minors.

Quote:
Social Networks
...social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim).

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Case Map (Thanks, Wondergirl!)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...934,0.030041&z=14&source=embed&mid=1332261677

PREVIOUS THREADS:
Thread # 1
Thread # 2
Thread # 3
Thread # 4
Thread # 5
Thread # 6
Thread # 7
Thread # 8
Thread # 9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14

amanda reckonwith's photobucket link:http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Sierra LaMar -CA-/

The thing I'm wondering is, if Sierra was targeted and someone knew the time she walked to the bus stop, why take her right at the end of her driveway? Why not wait until she is out on the road walking to the bus stop? Once she was in the car, they're going to have to turn around, to head back in the direction of the main roads, right? (The cul de sacs I'm familiar with don't have an outlet street, there is a circle that makes a turn and goes back out the same way.) If she had already been on the road walking to the bus stop, it would have been simpler and faster to just slow down, throw the car in Park, step out and grab her arm, throw her in the car, jump back in and drive off. Two seconds... that's all the time they would need.
Makes me think she was acquainted with this person and just accepted a ride rather than walk all the way to the bus stop. One-half a mile doesn't sound like much, until you get out there and start walking it. A lot can happen in those few minutes it takes to walk it.

I missed AMW last night, how was it?

Sarx it was all right I guess. They did talk to both Marlene and Steve . Steve was very forthcoming in his explanation of coming forward real quick on the1st visit of being a RSO. They also had the update about the Jetta.

I missed AMW last night, how was it?

The segment was very short, with not much detail. I was surprised that no mention of her scent stopping at the end of her driveway was made. Instead the sheriff (can't remember her name) made it seem like Sierra was taken beyond her driveway, closer to her bus stop. She also made it seem like it was a random abduction...

The video of her walk to the bus stop showed just how exposed she would have been, and drove home in my mind how wrong it was for her to have to had walked that walk...

Others who saw it, please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

JDB, do you recall the 'update' about the Jetta by any chance? :)

The video of her walk to the bus stop showed just how exposed she would have been, and drove home in my mind how wrong it was for her to have to had walked that walk...

On Google Earth you have a street view walk along the entire path, including the cul de sac right up to a few feet from her driveway. A bit spooky considering how out of the way her road is.

Also on Google Earth you can see a lot of recent work on the property right next door over the last 10-12 months. Basically a new building where there was a much smaller one over the summer of 2011. Could have been temporary workers there around that time.

IMO, the bus stop looks like it is way in the open (mostly sod farms in the area) and she could have been seen from quite a distance. She may have been spotted there previously.

Not JDB, but did see it. They only showed a pic of the car saying that LE was looking for more info from persons who may have seen it prior to, or on 3/16, or after that date. Nothing new really.

thx deanna- wasn't sure if something might have been elaborated on

All they did was asked for anyone that remembered seeing it before March16th or on that day or after near where Sierra went missing please call the tip line . Nothing really new.

**Forgive me as I am still catching up from the previous thread so I have brought over a few posts from previous thread**

Originally Posted by Skewed View
For some reason I've had the feeling that when all is said & done, the bag placement thing may very well turn out to have been done for some reason so stupid & trivial we wouldn't guess it in a million years. Every case seems to have some strange, out of place detail(s) that seem so significant that we get hung up on them, and then they turn out to be nothing more than artifacts of the chaos of human events. The bag could be one of those.
The infamous Pink/Black Juicy Couture bag.. Or better described by houndstooth as the "gilded lily".. This bag has been such a focus for all of us in this case and as many may recall I've also early on speculated that it was of most importance to the perp in redirecting the focus.. This from the start was a very uncomfortable view for myself due to the fact that I find the entire "staging" issue to be overwhelmingly overrated and overused in theory when in "reality"(true reality and not TV/movie reality) in reality this is just so very very rare to actually have been done in cases of this magnitude.. I'm very much a realist and far far from a conspiracy theorist so I've been very uncomfortable with my own view from the start of it being an actual piece of "staged" evidence.. That said I am always willing and able to take in new info as it comes to light and look at it objectively to see where it's leading.. I know that for many, whether consciously or subconsciously once they have a firm theory in mind from that point on all new info that comes to light is molded to work into this theory they firmly believe in and if for some reason they cant make it fit, then many times it's altogether disregarded.. I do everything possible to not allow myself to look at the case in this type way as I've found it serves zero purpose(unless perhaps one is just stubborn and wants badly to be "right" that their theory was the "right" one in the end).. But IMO that helps no one and nothing is learned from this at all..

So, while I will NOT totally abandon my thoughts involving the staging of the bag.. I have however come to believe its altogether possible that this infamous bag is much like SkewedView has described above in that it's possible that the bag has been an incidental from the start and basically irrelevant as far as putting weight of importance or meaning on the bag..

Another poster in the last thread(tho I did not quote) also brings up another very real possibility of it having been stumbled upon within hours of it being thrown out and the person either neatly gathered it and placed by the shed.. Or I say possibly even took it thinking they'd found themselves a mighty nice bag.. Until soon thereafter realizing on the news who/what the bag was.. Terrified to admit it and wanting zero involvement(if even just by accident) in the case.. They neatly pack the things in the bag and place at the shed..

In the end we sadly MAY NOT EVER KNOW what, if any this Juicy Couture bag's role/motive was in the case..

Originally Posted by MyTinkieGirl
<respectfully snipped by me>
I'm gonna stick with, perhaps, an infatuated person, maybe a "follower" on her account, maybe someone just reading, or maybe someone she has had tweet "fights" with. I've even thought of a "safe" person/pseudo friend who she wouldn't have a problem getting in their car and then they'd bring her to someone else. I can't help but think it might be a peer, or someone in their late teens/early 20's.
I, too am always coming back to Sierra's social media.. Scanning through it.. Reviewing it to see if anything new stands out and I definitely see that there are big possibilities for it to somehow be involved.. Even if a "stranger" perp..essentially could still be a "stranger" to Sierra that came upon her through her social media *presence.. Beautiful young girl he sees in the many photos is what possibly initially drew him in and voila~ once he finds the treasure trove of her social media.. Well.. IMO it would be super simple for him to actually pinpoint her.. Zeroed in on 18 Paquita Espana Court..

*All of this possible from her posting photos in tweets and via other social media sites.. It's as easy as 1-2-3..a-b-c.. For anyone with computer access.. Geotagging and metadata.. IMO this topic/issue alone is worth discussing for the simple fact of making parents aware and therefor alert to how easily their children can be found and tracked to their actual home address.. And the child having never even so much as posted their real name, or any other personal facts.. From their simply posting photos from their phone, tablet, laptop, iPod..

IMO definitely worth parents looking into making sure their children are doing all they can to protect themselves while on the world wide web.. Jmo..

Originally Posted by Pensfan
Maybe the monster was a nocturnal person (many teens, druggies and criminals are) and he was awake at 7 am because he hadn't gone home from his evening's "activities"?
I definitely believe this to be a very good possibility that I have not yet seen mentioned in Sierra's case.. The perfect recent example is the Sherry Arnold case.. The abduction was IMO as random as random gets.. Complete and total strangers who were NOT EVEN FROM OR FAMILIAR WITH THE AREA that Sherry was jogging in those early morning hours.. 2 men that had been up for at minimum ALL NIGHT LONG(possibly even longer) as they were completed tweaked out from smoking crack cocaine.. Supposedly as spur of the moment as the coked out driver seeing Sherry and saying to his younger passenger an cohort(that was equally as high).."Hey let's grab us a woman!".. And within moments Sherry Arnold was in the back seat of the men's Ford Explorer being choked out IMO among other violent, torturous things.. Never to be seen or heard from again.. Beloved high school teacher of small town, USA gone, vanished into thin air in the blink of an eye by men who were in no way connected to her, the town, the area, nothing..

I am hoping that the latest "break" of the black hooded, red Jetta is the breadcrumb that suddenly shines the light in the direction to the trail of breadcrumbs to the perp and most importantly to Sierra..

Originally Posted by KariKae
Especially interesting since mom's BF is in the construction business. Long ago, I wonder if she was snatched by someone who came by to see step dad. Construction workers are notorious for beginning work early.

Maybe LE did find evidence in the car? Then followed the driver's cell pings? Can they work that fast?
Regarding the construction sites.. I must say I'm quite disappointed to learn this is their latest planned areas to search.. It seems as several have already mentioned to not only be such the OBVIOUS place that would be searched in a missing person case.. But yes doubly, tripley OBVIOUS due to the fact that a member of her immediate family owns a construction company(and no, JDB I'm not pointing a finger at Rick;)).. But I've made no bones about my belief that a very real possibility of the perp being IN SOME WAY via step dad, Rick.. And IMO that "IN SOME WAY" covers the entire spectrum from being an extremely close business associate(business associate possibly even on said property).. From that very close to all the in betweens of any employees EVER, co-workers, pals, and associates.. All the way to someone Rick knew or met randomly, by chance, even just once or twice but in a setting that somehow allowed them if even just the knowledge he has a young teenaged daughter.

Because Rick having a daughter of his own that does in fact live part time there in the Paquita Espana residence *IMO could somehow have been a possible target.. A perp in meeting or knowing Rick, even casually possibly had seen Rick and his daughter.. IMO the thought has crossed my mind in my trying to look at absolutely all of the wide range of possibilities that why not? Why not could it be that Sierra possibly wasn't the original target.. Maybe it was the other young teenaged girl that lives in the home part time that was who the perp initially saw or was interested in??.. IMO while not likely it is still however only one of the vast amount of possibilities in this case..

IMO I just believe that here from my armchair sleuthing position that it just seems awfully and painfully obvious that construction sites would have long since been cleared.. Especially in us almost at the 2 month mark.. But that's easy to say from my cush, armchair position.. <--That I will fully admit and it's why I do try so very hard to not be harsh or judgemental of the men/women who are working their azzes off to find and bring Sierra home..

Just as KariKae mentions in her above post I'm praying like heck that the black hooded, red VW Jetta yielded something, anything that is bringing them closer to finding Sierra..

- THE END-

** my apologies for this being one of my long, droning posts that seem to never end.. Have been so overwhelmed with emotions in these last two days with the case right in my neck of the woods finding the 2 Bain sisters ALIVE.. Along with our beautiful, Tori Stafford receiving the long 3 year awaited justice for the man who stole from her, her life, and stole from this world a precious young girl that could have been anyone and anything she ever wanted to be in this world.. She could've changed our world in ways we will now never know.. I do know that in her death tho, she has touched and changed lives in a very real, very deep way and SHE WILL NEVER, EVER BE FORGOTTEN!! Rest In Peace, precious Victoria!

I've read some theories about the bag and it does not seem possible that a woman found the clothing, folded it a put it by the shed with her books nicely stacked underneath. This area is soo remote, no homes are near. The shed is isolated off the road and is a nonworking abandoned shed. The cactus is large and the bag was behind it. The shed is far from Sierras home. Although it is a few streets south, the streets are about a mile apart. In my opinion if someone was walking by it would be because they ran out of gas. If you witnessed someone there you would immediately be suspicious. IMO of course.

I've read some theories about the bag and it does not seem possible that a woman found the clothing, folded it a put it by the shed with her books nicely stacked underneath. This area is soo remote, no homes are near. The shed is isolated off the road and is a nonworking abandoned shed. The cactus is large and the bag was behind it. The shed is far from Sierras home. Although it is a few streets south, the streets are about a mile apart. In my opinion if someone was walking by it would be because they ran out of gas. If you witnessed someone there you would immediately be suspicious. IMO of course.

I agree with you. The bag was placed there not tossed by whoever took Sierra either by force or willingly JMHO.

If the red car was picked up right in the area where some of Sierra's things were found, presumably the bag...shouldn't any other car have been picked up as well? Meaning, if this car is NOT involved...how did the bag get there? And did it pick up anyone getting out of the car, etc...

I think the car must be involved, if this was truly the only car on tape that has yet to be identified and was seen in multiple spots of interest. I wonder if LE looked at tapes from before 7am on that day, for instance, if this bag HAD been planted...

I equally agree that the bag was placed there by the perp.. no matter what other variable I may believe as well regarding the bag. .moo has always been the perp PLACED IT THERE...nonetheless I am always willing to look at others views of the various aspects of the case..

there is a VTA bus stop on that corner. there are homes at the end of the street. and i have seen a woman walking down that street before. (can't remember when exactly, but it was recently). i wasn't suspicious. so IMO i guess it's possible the bag could've been thrown like the phone and later moved by an innocent passerby.

But what about the Siamese family? Whether they were at the shed or not when the bag was placed there, someone was/is feeding the cats, so at least one person has no problem going out to that shed. JMO

Hello all. I've actually been reading this forum for quite awhile regarding this and other high profile cases. This is my first shot at sleuthing myself. Would like to offer my own hypothesis to the mix.

My honest opinion is she was taken by someone who knew her and/or her routine. I think the phone was tossed immediately after she was taken. Then whatever crime occurred wherever it occurred. Most likely, and sadly, she was completely naked, deceased and discarded when the bag was placed. The reason the perp folded the clothes was to make it seem as though she was a runaway. The perp probably assumed no one knew what she was wearing that day, since he most likely knew no one saw her after 6AM. He was also well aware that she probably wouldn't even be "missing" until the end of the day, so if he went to that location and dumped the bag later in the day on March 16, there was no hint of anything amiss in Morgan Hill at that time. The pattern of the location of both items suggests they were travelling north, and he may have been trying to make that location appear to be a crime scene. Most likely she was taken south, so leading LE north makes perfect sense to a simple criminal mind.

Regarding the car, I think it's entirely possible LE was aware of this car more than 4 days ago, when they first went public. Maybe they were aware of it, say, a week or two ago, and located it and surveiled it for awhile. When that didn't pan out, they went public, albeit vaguely, in the hopes that maybe the driver would go back to check on it, and they'd nab him, and when that didn't happen, they pounced on the car and are now looking for tips.

I've been "observing" cases like this for a long time, as I'm sure most of you have. Different jurisdictions handle case info differently, for their own reasons. I think most would agree, the agencies that choose to go public with as much as they can, early on, have more successful outcomes.

So that's my ice breaker. My honest opinion. Thank you for reading.

But what about the Siamese family? Whether they were at the shed or not when the bag was placed there, someone was/is feeding the cats, so at least one person has no problem going out to that shed. JMO

Ya know Annie, I would hope that LE staked that place out to find who it is that has been feeding those cats. Maybe they already know and they could even have been one of the witnesses they mentioned in reference to the appearance of the Red VW. Well...at least I hope they did. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie