Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Thank you for joining Websleuths! :welcome3:

Please remember the following when discussing the Allison Baden-Clay case:
Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

Our rules can be reviewed here: The Rules (PLEASE make sure you know the rules!)

Currently, we are considering Allison's husband to be a suspected person of interest in this case. There is a possible second party involved per MSM and it is okay to discuss that aspect, but please refrain from accusing anyone of murder at this juncture. Speculating is one thing, accusing is another.

Thread 1

Thread 2
Thread 3
Thread 4

Thread 5

Thread 6

REMEMBER: No cutting and pasting of comments from other social or media websites. You may paraphrase and provide a link.

The only social media sites allowed are those belonging to the victim, Gerard Baden-Clay and any named (by law enforcement) POI or Suspect, or site created and devoted to the murder of Allison.

Media/Timeline Reference Thread: CLICK HERE

023543-allison-baden-clay-at-seven.jpg

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2012/05/04/1226347/023543-allison-baden-clay-at-seven.jpg

Now, maybe we do imprison more people as nowadays we are only sending them to prison for wot 20 years...GBC will be out by the time he is 60 odd?....so my point is....is it easier to send someone to 20 years jail rather than death?

This guy was sentenced to life, with parole after 13yrs. So, he's probably been out by now for some time. :(

I don't know how they sleep at night. I positively sobbed for what seemed like an eternity after sentencing. I was sent a letter a couple years ago requisting me to be a juror again for the supreme court. I, of course asked to be excused. I found the whole process traumatic enough, being a single girl in my very early 20's. And now, since having kids, I cry at any sappy sad moment in a tv show, movie, or even commerical. I know I wouldn't be able to keep my composure being a juror again.

Totally agree with you 'how do they sleep at night'

kind of sort of the old argument when they once could use death as a sentence....

'Do you have any doubt in your mind that this man did this murder'? 'if you are 100% sure he did do it - remember you are about to send this man to death'!

Now, maybe we do imprison more people as nowadays we are only sending them to prison for wot 20 years...GBC will be out by the time he is 60 odd?....so my point is....is it easier to send someone to 20 years jail rather than death?

Idk...its such a horrible horrible field of work and thank God there are people out there who put their hand up to prosecute, defend and work with these people - cos no way would I want to....

The Federal Govt of Australia abolished the death penalty in 1973 and as such there exists no provision for the death penalty in any State or Territory.

Life imprisonment in many cases means files marked 'Never to be Released' and sometimes, depending on various factors, the defendant's sentencing can be cumulative if multiple charges involved. This means that multiple sentences can be added together simultaneously but limitations may apply depending on jurisdiction.

Nothing like the US though where I've seen people sentenced to a couple of hundred years for crimes!

QUOTE]

This guy was sentenced to life, with parole after 13yrs. So, he's probably been out by now for some time. :(

I don't know how they sleep at night. I positively sobbed for what seemed like an eternity after sentencing. I was sent a letter a couple years ago requisting me to be a juror again for the supreme court. I, of course asked to be excused. I found the whole process traumatic enough, being a single girl in my very early 20's. And now, since having kids, I cry at any sappy sad moment in a tv show, movie, or even commerical. I know I wouldn't be able to keep my composure being a juror again.

((((hugs)))) you poor thing...thats so unfair....

They still have the death penalty here....I personally agree with it....however, I can see the case against it...

I wish we could just have crappy nothing islands in the middle of nowhere to send these people...

one island for the druggies,
one for the murders,
one for the pedo's etc etc...let them fight their own battles, feed there own addictions and leave them there....maybe give them seeds to grow their own food....or just do a parachute drop of army rat packs....bugger giving them cooks/educational offices,air-con,tv, and other such 'necessities' all paid for by the had earning aussie tax payer....

Well, time to zzzzzzzz .... Good Night. Let's hope the next few days will bring good news from QPS.

I wish we could just have crappy nothing islands in the middle of nowhere to send these people...

one island for the druggies,
one for the murders,
one for the pedo's etc etc...let them fight their own battles, feed there own addictions and leave them there....maybe give them seeds to grow their own food....or just do a parachute drop of army rat packs....bugger giving them cooks/educational offices,air-con,tv, and other such 'necessities' all paid for by the had earning aussie tax payer....

Wouldn't that be nice..? I get the whole whilst being in gaol having systems in place to rehibilitate them. But then again, prisoners seems to have greater access to further education and health care and recreational facilities, than people who are working hard earning an honest living and are just bearly keeping their heads above water. And can you believe that they then grip about the pettiest things..? http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...de-inmate-gripes/story-e6frep2f-1226353797289

Originally Posted by BrizzychickinUSA

Lol they did. Called Australia.

And we flourished on the beaches and sent back Dame Edna and Neighbours.

Lol! Yes, but now we need another Island. The Lost Island would be perfect!

Anyway, I am off to bed. Happy Mother's day to everyone out there. Happy Mother's day to Allison. Hopefully the girls can be with Priscilla and Vanessa today.

Today's Sunday Mail Headline..Allison 'knew killer' police set for arrest.

POLICE believe the person who murdered Allison Baden-Clay was known to her, and are quietly confident they will make an arrest in the near future.

I hope that justice will be done for Allison and her family very soon. And I hope her killer is feeling the pressure!

Today's Sunday Mail Headline..Allison 'knew killer' police set for arrest.

POLICE believe the person who murdered Allison Baden-Clay was known to her, and are quietly confident they will make an arrest in the near future.

I hope that justice will be done for Allison and her family very soon. And I hope her killer is feeling the pressure!

LOL yes

I get the feeling DS Ainsworth enjoys fishing...

and wants to drag his catch through Mother's Day first :)

How come the police are now saying that GBC has not given a statement to them when in his first near Oscar winning performance he stated whilst shaking his head that 'I have told the Police everything I know'? :what:

How come the police are now saying that GBC has not given a statement to them when in his first near Oscar winning performance he stated whilst shaking his head that 'I have told the Police everything I know'? :what:

The media reports have always said that he has at no point given an official statement to police. And you have to wonder why any innocent person would avoid giving a statement to police.

You are right, I was being sarcastic. On the one hand saying he has told them 'everything' publicly and despite having reported her missing, being at the police station several times still not have given a formal statement.

You are right, I was being sarcastic. On the one hand saying he has told them 'everything' publicly and despite having reported her missing, being at the police station several times still not have given a formal statement.

Yes you really have to wonder why he hasn't done so, if he is innocent and has nothing to hide then why avoid giving a statement to police.

@Indogwetrust - late in the last thread you stated:- "If only to be pedantic Berry, he's an SC, not quite a QC, but you never know it may make a difference"

At the risk of being pedantic back at you, i think you will find an SC is the equivalent of a QC. In NSW they ceased the appointment of any new QC's in 1992 which were formally appointed by the Governor upon advice from the Attorney General.
The NSW Bar Association subsequently established it's own equivalent rank of SC. I believe
they did the same thing in QLD a couple of years later.

Refer below from QLD Bar Association website:-

In Queensland, Queen's Counsel were appointed by the Governor-in-Council upon advice from the Chief Justice of Queensland.* In 1994, the Bar Association established its own equivalent rank of Senior Counsel (SC) who are appointed by the Chief Justice after an exhaustive process of consultation with members of the profession and the judiciary.

I just detest such authorative misinformation, particularly when we have so few facts to work with.

HN_man is quite correct. QC = SC. I think the Republican movement was to blame for the change ...

GBC has hired himself a 1st class brief (or his solicitor has).

I think hiring legal eagles the way he has is standard practice amongst those with the funds to do so, particularly when you're going to be the first person the police will suspect. My cousin is a senior partner for probably the most prestigious law firm in Australia and he said to me never talk to the police except to give your name, address and date of birth and call him immediately (this was back in my protest days). SO GBC's actions in this regard seem reasonable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni