Samuel Tso, Navajo Code Talker Walks On

Jacie Estes

Medical Marijuana Advocate
Reaction score
Mr. Tso and all of the Code Talkers risked their lives to protect this country. Thank you for your service, Mr Tso, rest in Peace now.

Samuel Tso, 89, a United States Military Veteran and Navajo Code Talker passed away the evening of May 9 at the San Juan Regional Medical Center in Farmington, New Mexico, surrounded by family members.

“The Navajo Nation has lost another Code Talker and that saddens my heart. The Code Talkers have brought great pride to our Nation and the loss of Samuel Tso saddens not only myself, his loss saddens the Navajo Nation. On behalf of the First Lady, the Vice President, and the Navajo people, we offer our prayers, condolences and words of encouragement to the Tso family. Samuel Tso was a true Navajo warrior,” Shelly said in the release.

Read more:http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2012/05/10/samuel-tso-navajo-code-talker-walks-on-112318 http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwo...ajo-code-talker-walks-on-112318#ixzz1umKpENOR

Thank you for your service to our Country, Mr. Tso. Gently RIP now.

I follow all the native newspapers and read this. They all seem to be going fast now.
Thank You for serving our country.

A friend of mine's Father was an original code talker.

RIP Mr. Tso.

You leave a proud legacy, Samual Tso... well done! :usa:

Wow. He led a meaningful life. I think the story of the Navajo code talkers is incredible and very interesting. None of the enemy could make heads or tails out of the Navajo language as it is so unrelated to any language they were familiar with. It is a uniquely American language, as are all the native languages.

It saddens me that with the passing of men like Tso, we lose a bit more of the beautiful heritage that pre-dated and then helped shape our nation.

RIP Mr. Tso. :rose:

I am always in awe of men and women like Mr Tso and the code talkers, African Americans, and Japanese Americans who, in spite of belonging to groups who were treated terribly by our government and society, still chose to serve during war time. I do not know if I could or would have done the same were I them. Every time one of these stories of their deaths comes up, and i read about them, and read their words, it seems they had some special grace and wisdom that not many of the rest of us have. I am so sad every time we hear of these elders passing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back