Mexico - 49 bodies dumped in Monterrey

Donjeta

Adji Desir, missing from Florida
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-18052540
Forty-nine mutilated bodies have been found dumped by a roadside near the city of Monterrey in northern Mexico.

Security officials said the 43 men and six women had been decapitated and had their hands cut off, making identification difficult.

They blamed the killings on a conflict between rival drugs gangs - a note left with the bodies said they had been killed by the Zetas cartel.

omg gangs or not this is horrific. My friend(8mths pregnant) just moved to Mexico to be with her partner, she's lived there off and on through the years, and is in Chiapas fairly far from the border but it still makes me nervous for her and her little one.

Follows on the heels of the 05 May Nuevo Laredo mass slaughter - 9 bodies hanging from a bridge, 14 decapitated heads found near the international bridge with the bodies found near city hall. The Zetas v. Sinaloa cartel war continues apace.

I shudder every time I hear of someone wanting to live or even vacation in Mexico right now. I've seen some pictures of what they do and it's utterly brutal, and every person killed is not necessarily involved with either cartel.

So much violence in Mexico.

We lived in a border town for almost a year. May '09 to June '10. I still read the newspaper online from that area because it's on the list of possible places where we might retire to and in 2010 Juarez Mexico had 3000+ murders. (in 2007 they had about 300 murders).

It's the cartel wars. Since the wars started in 2008 in Juarez there have been over 10,000 murders. Ten thousand. That's just in Juarez (geographically it's across the border from El Paso Texas).

http://www.tmdailypost.com/article/border/ju-rez-death-toll-surpasses-10000

The numbers being murdered are akin to genocide IMHO. Many are innocent bystanders.

Horrific, the Mexicans now believe that most of these people were illegal immigrants from Central America who refused to work for the cartels ... the cartels force the illegals carry drugs in exchange for their help getting across the border, those who refuse are killed. People have to understand that we arent dealing with some harmless band of comical "Banditos" shooting pistols in the air ... these drug cartels are extremely violent and will kill anyone who stands in their way without hesitation. This is rapidly becoming a serious national security issue for the United States and it seems that nobody in Washington is paying much attention.

Another issue is that historically the Mexican government has less and and less control the further away you get from Mexico City and this is especially true of areas along the US border and the Guatemalan border ... look back on history and you will notice a pattern regarding revolts and major violent outbreaks in Mexico. Mexico has never had a government that has actually controlled the entire country ... even the legendary strongmen like Santa Ana and Proifero Diaz couldent even control the whole country. Hell even when the Spanish ruled Mexico they exerted practically no control over the area that is now the southwestern United States and the northern states like Sonora, Chihuahua, Baja California, etc. This doesent even address the corruption and mismanagement that has also traditionally been a huge aspect of Mexican politics and law enforcement.

My whole point is this: we have a huge problem on our southern border and it needs to be addressed before their problems spill over to our side of the fence. We are seeing the same kind of lawlessness and violence that took place during the 1910-20 Mexican Revolution. It's deja vu. All we need is another Pancho Villa and we are all set.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back