Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1359
  1. #46
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by minni View Post
    that is a good point......perhaps the sleepover had nothing to do with work commitments, if indeed there was a sleepover (I still don't think its really confirmed)
    In all probability ABC probably took them to the sleep out in order in anticipation of going home to have a discussion with GBC that she didn't want the children to witness.


  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LostSock For This Useful Post:


  3. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,004
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse detective View Post
    Sleepover confirmation in todays newspaper may be inaccurate reporting. However assuming it is correct and that GBC and ABC were estranged, the obvious sleepover location for 3 children on a school night, would have been with him. What a perfect night for his (ex)wife to vanish - especially if there is a cast iron alibi for the whereabouts of both GBC and his new partner. The declaration by GBC's sister, that ABC was depressed fits with the story that Allison may have wandered off and taken her own life somewhere hence his belief a search would prove fruit-less. How fortuitous was it that her body was found. Just sharing a few possibilities
    Morning all. I give the most credence to Alison Sandy's reports as she seems to have worked so directly with the Dickies. A few of the others seem to sensationalize or misreport things, but I reckon Alison is pretty top notch.


  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thinking For This Useful Post:


  5. #48
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by oreily85 View Post
    Ok this is bugging me.. Sorry if it's been asked, I haven't seen it if it has... For someone who gave up her career ( which was??) she seems to work a lot. Why would you give up your career then work anyway?

    I Didn't think ppl who gave up careers needed to attend all day conferences which require the kids sleeping somewhere else on a school night?

    Just confused is all...
    I believe she gave up her career to raise the children, however, if we go by the rumour that there was serious trouble in the marriage, she may have been planning for sometime the need to return to work to support her girls after an eventual divorce. These things don't normally happen overnight. It took me a whole year to decide to leave my ex-husband and plan my return to work accordingly.


  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaseClosed For This Useful Post:


  7. #49
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by linette View Post

    It's also been said that they may have been seperated under one roof, and that they may not have slept in the same room... then he would not know when she went to bed.
    Thanks Linette.

    Sleeping separately under one roof I am not sure, GBC too proud to have his "image" tarnished to friends and family to worry about one of his kids letting it slip that 'mommy and daddy sleep in different bedrooms'. WHOOPS.

    Again just thoughts and specualtion, which is all we have at this stage.

    Cheers.


  8. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,004
    Quote Originally Posted by laserdisc10 View Post
    Should be 'possibly 5 involved'. But this did not come from the police as far as I'm aware

    You're correct in what you say of course. There's been no mention of searches conducted on others. May have been, but nothing about it in the media that I could find
    Only BC cars were searched as far as we know, but BC Seniors house was raided, computers taken etc also. And GBC offices were raided too which may potentially implicate others I guess.


  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thinking For This Useful Post:


  10. #51
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by LostSock View Post
    In all probability ABC probably took them to the sleep out in order in anticipation of going home to have a discussion with GBC that she didn't want the children to witness.
    I have thought the same thing.


  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to linette For This Useful Post:


  12. #52
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
    I do not recall the sniffer dogs being reported as being used at all. However, the thorough job that the QPS have been doing I would have thought they would have brought them. But, like you say was there a need to bring them in at all after the Police were first at the house? Did they see something that led them on the track of a murder investigation in conjunction of a missing persons case straight away?

    Am I right in thinking that if a person is missing the police will not respond for 24 hours in case the person turns up? Or is that too much TV? Anyone?

    If that is the case, then the police certainly knew something from the very first moments on April 20.

    Cheers.
    There is no time limit to report someone missing if you seriously fear for their welfare.


  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaseClosed For This Useful Post:


  14. #53
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    37
    Once again.....Why would someone leave a phone on and let it be triangulated? He didn't kill his wife! He's probably been getting threats of all sorts and on top of that, he's got to look after their 3 kids and deal with the fact that his wife has been murdered and he's copping the blame.
    Think about the phone!! Why was it still on? It probably went flying when she was hit by a car or if not...it went flying when she was tackled! Did it go down a steep embankment?


  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 543 For This Useful Post:


  16. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowwind View Post
    Ok sleuths (theorists)....Some yes and no answers please...

    Premeditated means the killer would have planned this. Was this a planned attack?
    Was there more than 2 people including the killer who will be charged?
    Was the lawyer at the house when the police arrived?
    Does the trailer have anything to do with the killer or accomplacie?
    Was there already overwheing evidence before the forensics?
    Was ABC killed at her own home?
    Did the children sleep elsewhere that evening?
    Will life insurance be a motive in this case?
    Is the roundabout focus on a witness seeing a suspect or accomplacie in the area but not in a car?
    Did the killer attend the funeral?
    Was the body dumped upstream?
    Did Allison go for a walk?
    Was death cause by strangulation?
    Will an arrest be made this week?
    Hi willow, have a look at all of our previous threads for our answers


  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thinking For This Useful Post:


  18. #55
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by oreily85 View Post
    The friend confirmed the kids were somewhere else, it's in an article somewhere I'm sure.
    A Courier Mail article posted last night has a one liner indicating the girls were at a sleepover on Thursday night.


  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaseClosed For This Useful Post:


  20. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Posts
    11,428
    FirstTimer!

    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
    Hi all,

    First time posting and following this from the start.

    Brookfield is a rural oasis close to Brisbane city, very few street lights and very few footpaths. Would you let your partner go for a walk a 10pm in those conditions?

    Would you not notice your spouse was not in bed all night if she had not returned?

    Would you then say that your spouse had gone for a walk in the morning at 6am and then report her missing after 90 minutes at 7.30am?

    If your spouse had not returned from a walk wouldn't the first thing you do would be to get in the car and try and look for her? Rather than call the Police.

    Wouldn't the police bring in sniffer dogs so early on to follow a trail that was not that cold, not even 12 hours?

    If sniffer dogs were brought in, did they make it out of the property following a trail or not.

    Why would you lawyer up on day one?

    Why would those lawyers then feel the need to hire a top notch barrister?

    GBC will not win any acting awards for his first appearance on the news.

    Why does 90% of anyone seeing anything to do with this case feel the same way, that GBC is guilty?

    Why would you enter the funeral of your wife through a side entrance like a coward?

    And look at the photos of outside of the funeral he uses the three girls as a shield for protection.

    I can go on and on.

    Having watched the unfolding of this tragedy I have gone from GBC being guilty to not guilty and back again. However, if he did not do this to Allison, then who did? The QPS are not worried about someone stalking people in Brookfield. Is there any other indication by QPS of it being someone else? The BCs are giving the impression that they are above the law, above suspiscion all because of their name.

    We have to have faith in the QPS that they are building the best possible case they can. That includes finding evidence and facts that point toward the killer, but it also means that they have to rule out anything that could possibly cast doubt in the mind of a jury, which in my mind is harder to do because you have to think about what the lawyers will pick up on and exploit. Remember a lawyer only has to raise the thought of a doubt in any of the jurors mind and he will get off.

    I hope for the three girls that GBC is not the one, because they do not deserve to lose both parents, that should not be imposed on any child. But.......

    Only time will tell and we all need the patience and resolve that the QPS will get the person or persons responsible. Frustrating as hell I know.

    Cheers.
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

    Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT


  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ynotdivein For This Useful Post:


  22. #57
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
    I do not recall the sniffer dogs being reported as being used at all. However, the thorough job that the QPS have been doing I would have thought they would have brought them. But, like you say was there a need to bring them in at all after the Police were first at the house? Did they see something that led them on the track of a murder investigation in conjunction of a missing persons case straight away?

    Cheers.
    Perhaps nothing seemed to make sense to the police that first morning, therefore they became suspicious straight away?
    In alot of cases where an adult has gone missing, they plead with them to make contact... whereas in this case it seemed to ramp up fairly quickly, didn't it?


  23. The Following User Says Thank You to linette For This Useful Post:


  24. #58
    A few degrees of seperation ..... run a TM google image search ....first image ........ 2010 Libertine Parfumerie West End launch ........

    I’m sure both the ‘Tahitian Prince’ and Libertine Parfumerie where mentioned in the one breath more than a few times in the earlier months this year .........

    And then do another serach .... Flight Centre / Libertine The flight centre lists a visit to the Libertine as a thing to put on your must do list when in Brissy Really a Parfumerie visit 'a must do' on a trip to Brissy , who is kidding who there ............. Brissy is still such a small town really


  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to USER_NAME_TAKEN For This Useful Post:


  26. #59
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    207
    I wondered about that too.They said that the first response Police attended a missing person report and ABC's car was at the show grounds. Those Police observed something which caused Detectives to become involved etc etc. I wondered if what they observed was sniffer dogs indicating on ABC's car. I haven't read anywhere there were police dogs involved but it could be the case in a missing person case given the terain in the area. They would definately get the dog to sniff the vehicle first with the expectation ABC walked away from the vehicle presenting the dog with a trail to follow. If she didn't walk from the vehicle no trail for the dog. Police go hmmmmm why is dog sniffing that person standing there. Just one more theory to add to the mix....


  27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maxymoo For This Useful Post:


  28. #60
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,553
    Quote Originally Posted by spratsmum View Post
    No I didn't went to St Martins and then San Sisto, live very close noew to Mayfield School though, Mayfield I think is well kept secret, wonderful grounds!!

    What a small world this is!!
    Oh yes it is smaller than we think sometimes lol. We lived in Breslin St when I was young then I went to live with my grandparents. My brother stayed in Breslin St and went to Mayfield and then we purchased the house after we had children and sent them to Mayfield.

    It is strange how they shoved those new houses in Bayden Powel Pl, they look out of place with the area.


Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #7
    By Kimster in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1108
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 10:41 AM
  2. Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6
    By Kimster in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1199
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 11:53 AM
  3. Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #5
    By bessie in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1125
    Last Post: 05-10-2012, 02:05 PM
  4. Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #3
    By Salem in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 866
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 10:25 AM
  5. Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #2
    By Salem in forum Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1140
    Last Post: 05-05-2012, 03:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •