GUILTY MI - Earl Ludlow, Joseph Satcher & Frank Welzbacher, murdered, Monroe County, 1972

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2012/may/13/man-who-confessed-killings-40-years-ago-may-be-set/

Some of these crimes happened in my county but I had never heard of them before. Now, the surviving killer may be set free.

The cases may be old but at least give it a try. :banghead:

from link:
Since there is no statute of limitations for murder, Mr. Lamont could be charged locally with the deaths of three men killed in the county. But because the cases are 40 years old, it could be difficult. Monroe County Chief Assistant Prosecutor Joseph A. Costello Jr. would not comment on whether the office would file murder charges if Mr. Lamont is set free.

The cases may be old but at least give it a try. :banghead:

from link:
Since there is no statute of limitations for murder, Mr. Lamont could be charged locally with the deaths of three men killed in the county. But because the cases are 40 years old, it could be difficult. Monroe County Chief Assistant Prosecutor Joseph A. Costello Jr. would not comment on whether the office would file murder charges if Mr. Lamont is set free.

I know, right? I'm ashamed to say that around here, it seems things that aren't easy don't get done too often.

Why wasn't he charged with murders back then?

Why wasn't he charged with murders back then?

I think in a lot of these serial murder cases the state will hold some of them back and only charge them with some of them. That way it gives them a way to charge them later on if they ever get paroled.

I thought they may charge Gary Ridgeway when they finally found the remains of another victim of his but I guess they know its useless since he is in prison for life.

Didnt they do that in in case where a serial killer had killed many women. He was supposed to get out of prison and they brought charges against him for another woman he had murdered and got a conviction so that he will be in prison for the rest of his life. Gosh I wish I could remember his name now. He is very well known. I keep thinking his first name is Corey ? but not sure.

ETA: HIs name is Coral Eugene Watts

IMO

I updated the thread title to reflect the good news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back