It's the time of the season: Rattlesnake bites man in WalMart garden center

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
April showers bring May flowers, and we all know what May flowers bring: rattlers to WalMart's garden center!

Walmart shopper bitten by RATTLESNAKE that he mistook for a stick (Daily Mail)
A man who said he was reaching down to pick up a stick lying in the gardening aisle of a Walmart store was shocked to discover that it was actually a rattlesnake, which promptly bit him.

Mica Craig says he was shopping in the outdoor garden department of the Lewiston, Idaho, store when he was bitten on Saturday.

The 47-year-old said the reptile dug its fangs into his hand and that he screamed, shook the snake loose and stomped it to death.
---
A first for the Lewiston WalMart store then?
Mr Craig said that he had spoken to officials at the Walmart store, and claimed they told him the snake that bit him was not the first they had discovered.

When reached by the [Lewiston] Tribune, a manager at the store would not confirm or deny that the episode took place.
---
the rest, with pictures, at DM link above

Clean up in Garden Shop.

WalMart will not admit wrongdoing.

As usual after reading one of these things, tomorrow I have to go to WM and buy shaving cream - just an aisle away from the garden center! I'm not looking forward to seeing a copperhead coiled around a can of Barbasol. (Faints at the thought.)

As usual after reading one of these things, tomorrow I have to go to WM and buy shaving cream - just an aisle away from the garden center! I'm not looking forward to seeing a copperhead coiled around a can of Barbasol. (Faints at the thought.)

Target!! problem solved!!!

Target!! problem solved!!!
Nearest Tar-zhay a half-hour away, in Joplin. Thank God we do have a Walgreens though. It doesn't have that "snake-infested" look about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back