NC NC - Officer Davina 'Dee' Jones, 33, Bald Head Island, 22 Oct 1999

gracielee

Reaction score
This case involving the death of an officer on Bald Head Island, N.C. is being reopened by the current DA. It was originally ruled a suicide, but prior to the shooting the female officer can be heard on radio calls telling someone to 'put down the gun'. How it was ever ruled a suicide to begin with escapes me.

Glee, I found this -- lots of sections of info about the case -- I have not read it all by a longshot, but I thought it might be informative. I hope it's okay -- if not, let me know, and I'll delete this post.

http://www.officerdavinabuffjones.com/index.html

Glee, I found this -- lots of sections of info about the case -- I have not read it all by a longshot, but I thought it might be informative. I hope it's okay -- if not, let me know, and I'll delete this post.

http://www.officerdavinabuffjones.com/index.html

Thanks borndem! That site looks pretty comprehensive, I want to check it out. This case has always interested me. Years ago one of my daughters usd to nanny for a family that has a home on Bald Head, and she & the other nanny would take the kids to Bald Head for extended vacations during the summers. I never believed this poor woman committed suicide. Who in their right mind would, especially after hearing her voice on the radio call she made to dispatch.

I ordered the book written by Davina's sister today. I hope it will be a good read.

Many families cannot accept a loved one's suicide. Some deal with it privately while others go on crusades.

Many families cannot accept a loved one's suicide. Some deal with it privately while others go on crusades.

Very true, however, this police officer was in communication with dispatchers, and was shot at point blank range in the center of the back of the head. - and had NO gunshot residue on her hands. I wouldn't accept that premise, either! Especially since she had made a TO DO list for the following day which included errands. The more I read about the shoddy investigation...the madder i GET!:banghead:

I ordered the book written by Davina's sister today. I hope it will be a good read.

oH YES,it's a good read. I have gone through it in one day. Cannot put it down.

I always have been interested in going to Bald Head Island - because it looks so heavenly, just beautiful. But after looking at this case, and hearing her voice saying, "put the gun down..." and then that horrible screeching noise, which was probably a gun to her head....It doesn't seem like such a safe place to be. If I do go, now it will be for another reason...to see where this little package of female dynamite was killed. All she wanted was to be a good police officer. I feel for her parents and family and hope that the truth will finally come out. I know her parents will not rest until it does!

Very true, however, this police officer was in communication with dispatchers, and was shot at point blank range in the center of the back of the head. - and had NO gunshot residue on her hands. I wouldn't accept that premise, either! Especially since she had made a TO DO list for the following day which included errands. The more I read about the shoddy investigation...the madder i GET!:banghead:

It wasn't only a shoddy investigation, it was a cover-up. The entire crime scene was hosed down in what was it, 12 hours? No time to even go back and check for evidence or take 'day time photos'. By the time the sun came up the crime scene was gone, as if it never was.

I'm sure that's true, but that's not what happened here. The evidence all points towards an execution style murder. And two separate commissions, state and federal, found this to be a homicide and not a suicide.

gracielee, Thank you for starting this thread for Davina. I have read the book by Elaine Buff and really liked it. We e-mailed a few times and EB was hopeful for the old DA, Rex Gore, to be voted out and for Mr David to be voted in so the case would possibly be reopened. Nice lady!

Davina's name is not read at the national day of remembering fallen officers because Gore ruled her death a suicide. Very sad for her family.

I submitted Davina to the forensic astrology forum over a couple of years ago and a chart was done by LeoMoon. I'm sure if I can link since that forum is closed for discussion but for anyone who cares to read it go to the Forensic Astrology forum>CASE BRIEFINGS only-#1> page 19>post 475.

Davina was murdered. I suggest everyone read the book 'Out With Three'. This was a good ole boy cover up, IMO.

http://womenincrimeink.blogspot.com/2008/09/dark-side-of-paradise.html

moo and all that jazz.

wm

gracielee, Thank you for starting this thread for Davina. I have read the book by Elaine Buff and really liked it. We e-mailed a few times and EB was hopeful for the old DA, Rex Gore, to be voted out and for Mr David to be voted in so the case would possibly be reopened. Nice lady!

Davina's name is not read at the national day of remembering fallen officers because Gore ruled her death a suicide. Very sad for her family.

I submitted Davina to the forensic astrology forum over a couple of years ago and a chart was done by LeoMoon. I'm sure if I can link since that forum is closed for discussion but for anyone who cares to read it go to the Forensic Astrology forum>CASE BRIEFINGS only-#1> page 19>post 475.

Davina was murdered. I suggest everyone read the book 'Out With Three'. This was a good ole boy cover up, IMO.

http://womenincrimeink.blogspot.com/2008/09/dark-side-of-paradise.html

moo and all that jazz.

wm

Thank you so much 'tilda! I don't know how to find the forensic astrology forum? I read the other link you provided, women in crime. Interesting to get some feedback from the orig. author of 'Out With Three'.

Does anyone have any idea who the 'high ranking official' with the 'white van', living on the island is?

Thank you so much 'tilda! I don't know how to find the forensic astrology forum? I read the other link you provided, women in crime. Interesting to get some feedback from the orig. author of 'Out With Three'.

Does anyone have any idea who the 'high ranking official' with the 'white van', living on the island is?

Glee, IIIRC, that person was the AG in '99 who went on to be elected gov in 2000, IMO, JMO, MOO. I spent alot of time at BHI up til 2001. Heard all the rumors of the planes without lights making drops at night. It is really dark and spooky at night. I could tell a few tales about things that went on over there in the '90's but will save that for later. I remember '99 real well because we won a fishing tournament that summer.

That disgraced sheriff, RH, was convicted of OJ and sent of to that cushy federal prison where Madoff resides, Butner? He is out now and last I heard he works for a car dealership. Anyway, a documentary was made about him which should be available on Netflix. (that's where I rented it) It is called The Work Series: Sheriff. It basically follows RH and his posse around while they attempt to solve crimes but gives insight into his character. He is the one who made the insensitive comment to Mr and Mrs Buff that maybe Dee laid down to kill herself when they questioned how it was possible that she committed suicide. :banghead: Small man, Big ego. He claimed to have pentagon clearance. If true, why would the pentagon give clearance to this piddly small town sheriff from rural SE NC?

ALL MOO :twocents:

wm

I could not put it down! I hope the family can get the justice they deserve.

Bald Head Island is exquisite, just beautiful. I get some mailers from them, as I had wanted to visit. I still might, but to tell you the truth, I have the creeps now about it after finding out about this case. It certainly is a beautiful place, no question.

Bald Head Island is exquisite, just beautiful. I get some mailers from them, as I had wanted to visit. I still might, but to tell you the truth, I have the creeps now about it after finding out about this case. It certainly is a beautiful place, no question.

Oh laces, You should go visit. It really is beautiful and full of mystique. I don't feel that you would be in any danger. Kate Gosslin and her brood vacationed there.

I hope my post didn't frighten you. Summer is a good time to visit and there is lots of fun stuff to do. (The island is more desolate and isolated and spooky in fall and winter tho.)

Also, Southport is such a quaint little town with lots of unique shops and good seafood which is well worth a visit!

It's only a short drive down 40:D

moo

wm

anybody else smell Cover-Up??

And here comes the Understatement of the Year: There is lots & lots & lotsa money on BHI; money talks and BS walks.

It's hard for some folks to stand up to some of those big money folks -- they're paying their salaries, and some of the $$ folks know people in powerful positions or make it sound like they do.... It's the way things seem to work -- and being on the outskirts of heady stuff like that can certainly throw your equilibrium into quite a whirl. I'm definitely not sympathizing or defending anyone, but I'm just saying that's the way it is with some folks... And we had this there at BHI those days, I'm sure. And I'm also sure that there are other folks on that island who would have none of that kind of thing from either side of the aisle, so to speak.

And it is a gorgeous place...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back