Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NC - Davina Buff-Jones, police officer murdered in Bald Head Island, 1999

Bald Head Island

I would like Davina's friends to know that I finally got a badge from BHI. It was not hers, it took over two years, and an active policeman from another state put pressure on to get it. But it is with me. Since they didn't even send a flower to her funeral, I feel like I have some kind of acknowledgement from them that she did in fact work there. Come to find out, the police chief was going to send a broken one, but the town manager sent it back for a decent one.

Some Bald Head Island citizens were incensed when the book first came out and we had our share of discussions online through WWAYTV3. Finally they came to realize that if people like those Hispanics were on their island at night, perhaps there was something to what the book was trying to get across. A few of them even tried to leave flowers for her, too, but they had no better luck than we do. Last year in October, some of us met at the pier on Oak Island where Dee and Grandpa used to fish. It was cold, dark, windy. But we each had a yellow rose, each of us said something and then through our roses into the ocean toward BHI. We talked a few minutes among ourselves, and as we turned to leave, I looked back and the roses were glowing in the light from the pier. The wind or whatever, had blown them into an outline of an angel. It wasn't just me. I called them all back and all of us saw it! Too bad we have to show our support of her in the dark, away from where she died.

As far as going to Bald Head Island, they have gone up on the ferry ticket so much, I don't know when I'll go back. I am the one in the family who needs, wants to go. The rest of the family hates it, but I tell them, she consecrated ground out there and they might think they own it, but they don't own that little spot where they left her like garbage for her to bleed out on the ground.
    It is a very pretty place. One advertisement they had said, The island had a soul. I responded, if it has one, it's blood-stained. So if you've never been there and can afford it, please, do so. Just don't go around the lighthouse at night.
    What goes on in the dark comes to the light.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ElaineBuff For This Useful Post:

Elaine

This is one if not the worst case of a onduty Police man/and-or/ woman murder I read in my whole life.

There sure did not show no code of blue respect on this case. And that is a huge shame! , I hope this case will bother the heads of all police depts and everybody else that worked on this case until day they die..

The code of blue states if fellow officer is killed in line of duty all police officers no matter where they from should work together to find the killer as soon as possible.. This sure didn't work in this one case.. Make me wonder if I hear a police officer is shot or in bad auto accident if I should go again to the hospital and stand in line with the others for hours on end just incase the officer need more blood or anything else..All I am is a Vol. Fire Fighter. Not Police officer.

Bare with us, you now got some of the best investigators bar-none in USA on your side now what I seen from fellow board members...It's just will take some time and 1 lucky break to bring the whole rotten house of card's to come tumbling down..

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wv171 For This Useful Post:

I hope so. Thank you!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElaineBuff For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wv171 View Post
    Elaine

This is one if not the worst case of a onduty Police man/and-or/ woman murder I read in my whole life.

There sure did not show no code of blue respect on this case. And that is a huge shame! , I hope this case will bother the heads of all police depts and everybody else that worked on this case until day they die..

The code of blue states if fellow officer is killed in line of duty all police officers no matter where they from should work together to find the killer as soon as possible.. This sure didn't work in this one case.. Make me wonder if I hear a police officer is shot or in bad auto accident if I should go again to the hospital and stand in line with the others for hours on end just incase the officer need more blood or anything else..All I am is a Vol. Fire Fighter. Not Police officer.

Bare with us, you now got some of the best investigators bar-none in USA on your side now what I seen from fellow board members...It's just will take some time and 1 lucky break to bring the whole rotten house of card's to come tumbling down..

I couldn't agree more. Somehow this case was intended to be swept under the rug by those responsible. Guess what? Ain't GONNA HAPPEN! They didn't realize who they were messing with when they took down Davina. I have no doubt that she will see justice here, although she will be looking on from another perspective. Time does NOT heal ALL wounds.
    Totally behind the family, here. I don't know any of those involved, but they have a friend in laces.
    "I hope that someone gets my message in a bottle..." Sting

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to laces For This Useful Post:

The latest on June 25, Forbes

Analysis Of 13-Year Mysterious Death Of Cape Fear Police Woman
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/crime/20...-police-woman/

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ElaineBuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks, that is great that FORBES picked up the story! I reposted on my facebook page. I also notified FORBES that they made some syntax errors in referring to GRASTY, sometimes using "he" instead of "she". I wish you every success in bringing this to light. I have great faith in this being solved.
    "I hope that someone gets my message in a bottle..." Sting

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laces For This Useful Post:

Forbes

Thanks, Laces. I hope so, too. :woohoo

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ElaineBuff For This Useful Post:

Just thinking of Davina this morning and wanted to bump.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Angels_Not_Forgotten For This Useful Post:

Appears a DA Jon David is looking into this case atleast.. News item came out about a year ago..Appear to myself how I read it they giving Mr. David a hard way to go too. There a number you can call if you have any new infromation but when it come to adding links on here I don't know the rules that good..

I believe I hit the nail square on the head with the hammer few post back ..

COVER-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing DA David could investigate is where in the world did some of these Law Enforcement personal get there training at ??

Barney Fife school of Law Enforcement @ Mayberry N.C. Barney had to make a living after TV show shut down.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to wv171 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by laces View Post
    Thanks, that is great that FORBES picked up the story! I reposted on my facebook page. I also notified FORBES that they made some syntax errors in referring to GRASTY, sometimes using "he" instead of "she". I wish you every success in bringing this to light. I have great faith in this being solved.
    laces, I posted it on my FB page too. That was a great article from Forbes. I have confidence in DA Jon David. He's not scared of the good ole boys. I especially like that he is not using BCSD or SBI in his investigation. That's a powerful message in itself.

I hope those responsible for the cover up are squirming right now.....wondering when the hammar could drop.

Davina and her family deserve justice. It's time!

moo

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

20. The Following User Says Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

A phony paradise that sold its soul to drugs.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Swamp Fox Trot For This Useful Post:

I don't know if this subject been disscussed in other cases.

But what we really need is lot more new Media Reports on this case.. Keep this crime on TV/ Radio & Newspapers. Don't give these useless public good ole boy network's trying to hold on to power a chance to buried this CRIME.. Yes Ray Charles could see this was a CRIME..

I feel this is 1 of our most important cases. This I feel is a case we can win pretty easy I feel somebody knows what all happened and is out there just waiting to call in when they don't feel they all alone, only one who care's and/ or be left out in the cold if they report what they saw that night..

I don't want to get this tread too off track but maybe we can start a other thread just for help in getting people writing to crime's local newspapers in open opioion page..Get something like this working for all the cases.. Letter writing campains ..

Keep case's like this one right on there hot plate where Local's must handle it or get burned trying to hide it..

Help Mod's.. Please... Or I am nut's.. Got brain cancer or something.. Play too much Football too many head injuries..

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wv171 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gracielee View Post
    Thank you so much 'tilda! I don't know how to find the forensic astrology forum? I read the other link you provided, women in crime. Interesting to get some feedback from the orig. author of 'Out With Three'.

Does anyone have any idea who the 'high ranking official' with the 'white van', living on the island is?
    BBM

Doing some reading tonight after a busy few days & I found this thread. Being in NC & always admiring BHI, this case has always fascinated me.

I just wanted to put the link to the Forensic Astrology chart cast by WS member LeoMoon80. I always find it fascinating reading the charts.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5010094&postcount=475"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Forensic Astrology - CASE BRIEFINGS only - # 1[/ame]

26. The Following User Says Thank You to AnonymousD For This Useful Post:

Has anything happened on this case? Its been nearly a year since it was "reopened".

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Falcon500 For This Useful Post:

Thinking of Davina tonight.

http://websleuths.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76088_1.gif

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnonymousD For This Useful Post:

http://www.wwaytv3.com/2014/07/12/fo...wett-dies-jail

http://www.amazon.com/Out-With-Three...ina+Buff+Jones

Hewett took some secrets about the murder of Davina Buff Jones to the grave in this case. I will post more later when I have time but wanted to bump the thread up for now

32. The Following User Says Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post

Hewett took some secrets about the murder of Davina Buff Jones to the grave in this case. I will post more later when I have time but wanted to bump the thread up for now
    I totally agree with you. I have been researching Davina Jones murder since it happened` and Hewett was only on the murder scene a few minutes when he declared it a suicide. Her body had been dragged close to her truck and gun put by her body prior to discovery. She had discovered major drug smuggling on the island and had been warned to shut the f up and forget about it. She didn't.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

Officer Jones unfortunately refused to just shut up about the drug smuggling on Bald Head Island. High government officials in NC were involved. Look at earlier history of this in the '80s. Look up Colcor and Investigation gateway. 34 government officials indicted including Brunswick co. sheriff (not Hewett) Some of these "good Ole boys" are alive and well and still very, very powerful. You will recognize some of their names.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

Sheriff Ron Hewett is the one who suggested to DA Rex Gore that it was a suicide and Gore refused to even consider any other alternatives. This case was never investigated, body moved, no forensics taken, body put on gurney without even a sheet to cover it. Three men seen on ferry were not investigated because they were from Charlotte and were good "Christian" men, later on they had criminal records 48 pages long. Davina last said, "Out with three", meaning three men. She had scheduled a meeting at the light house with a DEA agent to discuss what she had discovered about the drug smuggling on Bald Head Island. IMO, she had to be shut up permanently in order not to expose some very high ranking Gov officials.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

I was so shocked this afternoon when my best friend called to tell me that Former sheriff Hewett was dead, because she and I had talked for three hours Friday night discussing Hewett and the corruption in Brunswick and Columbus County. I told her that my opinion was that the Feds were pressuring Hewett with the gun charges to squeal and tell what he knew about some very dark things that have happened under his watch. I personally think that the murder of Officer Davina was part of that dark story. He was probably offered a deal on the gun charges if he talked. I told my friend that he probably would not live past the weekend so you can imagine how I felt when she called to tell me that he was dead. Someone, IMO, was determined that he would not talk. Period. I'm sure they will say that he had a heart attack or committed suicide. It's amazing that ex Senator R.C Soles had one of his accusers die of a heart attack in his law office a short time ago. A young man too. Who at one time was going to be a witness against him. A girlfriend of a witness also died in a car accident not long ago too. Soles and the ex sheriff before Hewett was indicted for corruption, drug smuggling, protecting drug trafficers, you name it. Hewett helped with the cover up of Davina's murder, JMO.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

lonetraveler, Yes there were drag marks on the sandy road/parking area near her truck, also a bloody hand print on the back of her truck. She is wearing her shoes in the pic of her lying dead in the BHI office but they have since mysteriously disappeared. Mishandled evidence by SBI or BHIPD or BCSO for the cover up IMO.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
    I was so shocked this afternoon when my best friend called to tell me that Former sheriff Hewett was dead, because she and I had talked for three hours Friday night discussing Hewett and the corruption in Brunswick and Columbus County. I told her that my opinion was that the Feds were pressuring Hewett with the gun charges to squeal and tell what he knew about some very dark things that have happened under his watch. I personally think that the murder of Officer Davina was part of that dark story. He was probably offered a deal on the gun charges if he talked. I told my friend that he probably would not live past the weekend so you can imagine how I felt when she called to tell me that he was dead. Someone, IMO, was determined that he would not talk. Period. I'm sure they will say that he had a heart attack or committed suicide. It's amazing that ex Senator R.C Soles had one of his accusers die of a heart attack in his law office a short time ago. A young man too. Who at one time was going to be a witness against him. A girlfriend of a witness also died in a car accident not long ago too. Soles and the ex sheriff before Hewett was indicted for corruption, drug smuggling, protecting drug trafficers, you name it. Hewett helped with the cover up of Davina's murder, JMO.
    I totally agree lonetraveler. I thought the same thing when I heard Hewett was arrested for illegally owning guns. Investigations take a long time as we know but my thoughts immediately had me asking myself if there was a connection to Dee's case. I heard about The guy dying in RC's office but haven't been able to keep up with local happenings as I've been away a lot this past year caring for my elderly mom. I had no idea he was one of 'RC's boys' nor did I know a girlfriend of a witness died in a car accident. :O

Oh yeah, witnesses just seem to be dying left and right. I'm not at all surprised that Ron Hewett died while in custody in the New Hanover County Jail. Actually, I predicted it and expected it. He simply could not be allowed to talk. Some very high ranking officials were at risk if he told what he knew. I'm beginning to be concerned about my own safety at this point since I've been very vocal about what I have discovered during my research of Davina's case.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

I know what you mean lonetraveler. I feel somewhat concerned about my safety also. I seriously think Ron Hewett was set up. Somebody had to tell the Feds about his out of state gun purchase! I felt like Hewett just might come clean someday and give up info on Davina's murder. I am sure Gore knows talk.

I used to spend a lot of time at BHI and know for a fact shenanigans occur over there. We were there in 1999 and won the fishing rodeo. We were partying that night with about 20 friends when we ran out of ice. A friend and I saw lights on next door and lots of golf carts so we decided to walk over and ask if they would share some of their ice. We walked into a full blown swingers party with naked people in an indoor pool. The lady who answered the door was rude and said we'd have to show them our boobs first, three guys had entered the kitchen and were chiding us and one of the guys, the very tall one, exposed himself to us. We grabbed our cooler and ran out the door and told our group what had happened. Well, low and behold those three guys just walked into the house we were staying in and said they had come to get 'those girls'. The men in our group didn't take kindly to the intrusion and a fight broke out and a table and lamp were broken. We didn't find out til the following day that that party was at the home of the only BHI official who lived there full time and the tall guy who was the ring leader of the three was an EMT. I will always believe he is the same EMT who harassed Davina as later on he was relieved of his job on Oak Island for being rude to females and his arrogance to others when responding to calls. (Out with Three, Pgs. 270 & 271) Oh AND we were held responsible for paying for damages even though the fight was instigated by one of THEIR employees. That night changed my perception of BHI, I can't think of another time in my life when I was so frightened. I went back and fished again the following two years (placed 2nd & 3rd respectively) but it was never the same and I was always afraid of running into this guy so I stopped going.

Here's the latest link. Hewett was tased twice and died of a heart attack. Interesting comments at the end of article and Elaine Buff, author of Out with Three is posting on there.

http://www.wect.com/story/26004023/f...ampaign=buffer

stay safe friend! wm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast