Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

FBI considering hate crime charges against Zimmerman #1

SANFORD, Fla. —
    WFTV has learned charges against George Zimmerman could be getting more serious.
    State prosecutors said Zimmerman, a neighborhood watchman, profiled and stalked 17-year-old Trayvon Martin before killing him, so the FBI is now looking into charging him with a hate crime.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...e-crime/nN5pR/

And I think they should.....

I am one who believes and have believed since the beginning that GZ said 'coons' and not 'punks'.

Wouldn't the hate crime have something to do with that?

I am SOOOO happy to see this! I believe wholeheartedly that GZ said "co*ns" and not punks.

I don't see anything in that article to suggest that this is actually new information.
    Just my opinion

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I don't see anything in that article to suggest that this is actually new information.
    It isn't. The fact that it is month-and-a-half old news was discussed in another thread, with a link. I know I've commented on it a bunch of times in the context of the State not filing its own hate crime charges, even though Fla. has a statute, and using the word "punks" in the affidavit instead of the slur. Can't imagine why they decided to regurgitate it today.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Karmady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    It isn't. The fact that it is month-and-a-half old news was discussed in another thread, with a link. I know I've commented on it a bunch of times in the context of the State not filing its own hate crime charges, even though Fla. has a statute, and using the word "punks" in the affidavit instead of the slur. Can't imagine why they decided to regurgitate it today.
    One line buried in an ABC article from today: "Zimmerman is also the subject of an FBI investigation into a possible hate crime committed against 17-year-old Martin."
    ABC Link

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

The date?

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HiHater For This Useful Post:

Perhaps since it is being touted as breaking news all over-- I assumed ( and possibly erroneously) that originally the talk of hate crimes was just idle speculation; this sounds as though it is confirming the original suspicion and the FBI actually is looking at this in that light.

13. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HiHater View Post
    I am SOOOO happy to see this! I believe wholeheartedly that GZ said "co*ns" and not punks.
    The probable cause affidavit says punks. They will not by saying that the other word was said.
    Last edited by Karmady; 05-15-2012 at 12:47 AM.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Karmady For This Useful Post:

I doubt WFTV would simply run an old article again, with Bill Shaeffer making the comments again. Seems like something must be up with the Feds? Guess we shall see. If BS said these things today, something is coming up with the hate crime charges. He is pretty, spot on. IMO.

The probably cause affidavit says punks. They will not by saying that the other word was said.
    The Feds run a complete, separate, investigation. They do not care what the State has in their affidavit. If they thought they heard the other word, that is what they will go with. They charge according to their investigation, has nothing to do with the State's investigation.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by AngelWings444 View Post
    The Feds run a complete, separate, investigation. They do not care what the State has in their affidavit. If they thought they heard the other word, that is what they will go with. They charge according to their investigation, has nothing to do with the State's investigation.

JMO
    My point is, the State wouldn't have locked themselves in to punks if there was any chance that the other word was said. No reason at all to do that.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Karmady For This Useful Post:

The probable cause affidavit says punks. They will not by saying that the other word was said.
    BBM
    I really don't think any of us can make this determination.

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to HiHater For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HiHater View Post
    It's always seemed weird to me that anyone would hear "co*ns" as the words aren't really close. The middle "un" section is especially clear and very different from an "oo" sound.
    Last edited by Alecto; 05-15-2012 at 01:01 AM.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alecto For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
    It's always seemed weird to me that anyone would hear "co*ns" as the words aren't really close. The middle "un" section is especially clear and very different from an "oo" sound.
    I did not hear an "un" sound and even more importantly, I did not hear a "K" sound at the end. I don't know why it would be weird, though...

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to HiHater For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast