GUILTY WI - Steven Sommer for breaking triplets' legs, Milwaukee, 2012

:steamed:

http://www.kctv5.com/story/18236699/father-breaks-triplets-legs

Police say Sommer told them he did this maybe five or six times and they would often begin to cry to the point that they would lose their voice as their faces turned red in pain and agony.

The triplet's mother said she had no idea this was going on and still finds it hard to believe, and she doesn't think Sommer would do that.

The mother, who was not charged, says the triplets are now out of the hospital.

All five of her children are in foster care.

The mother is not being truthful ... there is no way she could have helped care for those three babies and not realized they were in pain or injured.

The mother should be charged. Most of us have seen that extremely pained baby scream at one point or another, certainly by the time that we were on our third pregnancy. The kid stiffens up, they immediately start to tear up, their arms and legs go straight out from their bodies, and they scream so hard that they run out of air and can't scream anymore. It can be anything from a gas bubble to a broken bone that causes it, but even if you are the dumbest person to ever draw breath, you know that sound is a scream of pain.

They need to charge the mother too, because either she was totally neglectful and never touched them, or she knew, and did nothing...maybe she didn't know that he was breaking their bones, but she knew that something was causing her babies intense pain, and she did nothing about it.

These poor babies were only two months old when this happened. How could you twist a two month olds legs enough to break them? At that age they haven't figured out how to turn over and crawl away from the person changing their diapers. And he did this to three of them. And the mother had two other children which now makes five that are in foster care.

Why do these people keep having babies and treating them worse than most people would treat a rabbit or squirrel.

The mothers in these situations need to be held accountable. It is high time that all states adopt laws that hold mothers culpable when their child is harmed by a husband, boyfriend, or any person they allow into the children's lives. While it is possible for an act of abuse to occur and a parent might not be aware, that is not usually the case with repeated abuse and/or a situation involving more than one child in the home. These mothers know, or should know, what is going on. They need to get their heads out of the sand and stand up for the rights of their children. I am really sick of these stories being told and every time the mom either says she didn't know or she was powerless to stop it. IMO in most cases that is BS to the nth degree!

OMG! Am I reading this right?

This monster did this to all 3 of the babies?????

He methodically twisted each of the girls legs to the point that their bones were broken?

That is not frustration that is torture. I call BS on 'mom' not knowing.

OMG! Am I reading this right?

This monster did this to all 3 of the babies?????

He methodically twisted each of the girls legs to the point that their bones were broken?

That is not frustration that is torture. I call BS on 'mom' not knowing.

I do too. I can't imagine not noticing that THREE babies have broken legs. She might not have been able to predict it, so maybe she didn't know he was capable of that, but surely she noticed the babies had broken legs.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/18236699/father-breaks-triplets-legs

The mother is not being truthful ... there is no way she could have helped care for those three babies and not realized they were in pain or injured.

Links shown below are Wisconsin court records for a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) for Domestic Abuse filed against David L. Sommers on 2/7/12. Petitoner required use of Spanish interpreter at that hearing and at another one on 2/20/12 requesting that Domestic Abuse petition be dismissed. Court dismissed all action on 4/10/12 as requested by Petitioner's attorney.

Page 1

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetail...ffset=0&mode=details&submit=View+Case+Details

Page 2

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/courtRecor...set=0&linkOnlyToForm=false&sortDirection=DESC

I was unable to locate a marriage record in the Wisconsin court records for Steven L. Sommer. Birthdates of the five children placed in foster care are triplets 1/29/2012, another child 3/17/2011, and another is 01/20/2002.

:maddening: :maddening:

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/simpleCaseSearch.xsl

This is the link for Wisconsin Court Records which provides information on the arrest, arraignment, and
six child abuse charges on Steven L. Sommer.

It is simple to use, you only need to enter "sommer steven" and "search." It is the 2nd case file number in the listing that will come up. Click on the number and a case summary page comes up,

.... click on the blue tab "View Case Details" to read another page of the document.

.... then to read the next document, click on the blue tab on the right side of the page you are reading, which will be "Court record Events."

I could not paste the court document as it has the names of the children on it which is a WS violation of rules to post. The document is easy to read and understand.

Breaks the legs of three helpless babies in his care. His excuse was he was frustrated. And - mommy didn't know that these triplets were suffering. WTH
He is out on bail. I hope that all five of these children remain in foster care. The mother doesn't deserve them, and also needs to be charged with three counts of child neglect. Plus whatever else she can be found guilty of, legally.

If you have three babies all the same age ,who all react a certain way would you suspect all 3 had injurys? ,they where twisted to break ,does that cause less swellin?

I dunno I guess it could be possible mom did not know but that is iffy. I guess as a mom who is taking care of infant triplets if might be possible to think they where all fussy babies if they showed no other signs of bruises ,swelling or redness.

The protective order lets me know she knew he is at least violent. She had her kids arround him So I think she did.

:mad: :baby: :baby: :baby: :mad:

Breaks the legs of three helpless babies in his care.
He is out on bail. I hope that all five of these children remain in foster care. The mother doesn't deserve them, and also needs to be charged with three counts of child neglect. Plus whatever else she can be found guilty of, legally.

The protective order lets me know she knew he is at least violent. She had her kids arround him So I think she did.

Section from court records during arraignment hearing with court advising defendant that no contact remains in effect. Mother of triplets is included in the "no contact"TSO as are all five children who are still with DHS.

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/courtRecor...set=1&linkOnlyToForm=false&sortDirection=DESC

05-08-2012

Arraignment

Additional Text:

Received and filed Information. Defense counsel acknowledged receipt of the Information, waived formal reading, and entered a plea of not guilty on behalf of defendant. Signed and filed Stipulation and Order Regarding Use of Videotaped Statements. Court advised defendant that the no contact order remains in effect. Case is adjourned for scheduling conference in Br. 6.

Scheduling conference scheduled for May 25, 2012 at 08:30 am

I wonder if the videotaped statements referred to above are of the mother's statement as she required a Spanish translator when filing the TSO, or if possibly the 10-yr old girl was interviewed??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back