HI HI - Loida Wideman, 39, Waipahu, 13 May 2012

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Thanks to DimeDetective for the heads up on this missing person.

Her name is Loida Wideman; she is a 39-year-old mother of three. She was last seen Sunday night, May 13 (Mother's Day), at 9:30 when she left her home in Waipahu to go to work in Kapolei (she never made it there).

No credit card or cell phone activity since she went missing. Estranged husband has been questioned and is not considered a suspect. Also missing is Wideman's car, which she left in: a 2003 gold Saturn Ion, Hawaii license plate number NBN186. (Note: Though the best article online thus far says it's NGN, two of the three articles say it's NBN.) By all accounts, this is definitely out of character for Ms. Wideman.

Police searching for missing Waipahu mother

Honolulu police are searching for a missing mother of three who has not been seen since Mother's Day.

Police say Loida Wideman, 39, left her Waipahu home at around 9:30 p.m. Sunday to go to work in Kapolei, but she never made it there.

More, including video: http://www.khon2.com/mostpopular/st...ng-Waipahu-mother/qZfLhDg2C0ixq_ERprbyaw.cspx

The woman is a mother of three and considered responsible, police said, adding her family is concerned for her welfare.

More: http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/151638615.html?id=151638615

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/18430310/missing-person-alert-39-year-old-loida-wideman

Fellow locals keeping an eye out for Ms. Wideman's car: we have our work cut out for us.

So far, the four news sources covering Ms. Wideman's disappearance are reporting three different license plate numbers:

NBN 186 (Honolulu Star-Advertiser and Hawaii News Now)

NGN 186 (KHON2)

HBN 186 (KITV)

Hope she is found. Lovely lady....

The job she has listed on her facebook is the job in Kapolei. (I'm local here too).

For those not local, waipahu is less than 10 miles from Kapolei once you get on the H1. IMHO there is no way she went missing from her home: Point A to work: Point B

(just for those that like to look at the route a missing person takes to see where they might have accidently veered off the road into water or ravines and such).

I haven't seen it reported where her other job is located. jfyi.

I hope she is found soon! I agree DimeDetective, it would help if we had a good license plate number for her.

The job she has listed on her facebook is the job in Kapolei. (I'm local here too).

For those not local, waipahu is less than 10 miles from Kapolei once you get on the H1. IMHO there is no way she went missing from her home: Point A to work: Point B

(just for those that like to look at the route a missing person takes to see where they might have accidently veered off the road into water or ravines and such).

I haven't seen it reported where her other job is located. jfyi.

I hope she is found soon! I agree DimeDetective, it would help if we had a good license plate number for her.

From what I have read, she left about 9:30 p.m. on Mother's Day (which was a Sunday). I haven't read where she might have gone or why she was leaving her home and her kids at that time in the evening. Maybe get dinner or something? It seems like she was very close to her family, so it's possible she and the kids were gone all day visiting for the holiday.

From the KHON2 article linked above (bolding mine):

Police say Loida Wideman, 39, left her Waipahu home at around 9:30 p.m. Sunday to go to work in Kapolei, but she never made it there.

This doesn't look good. I hope she is found safe and well, soon.

Updated - new video:

http://www.kitv.com/news/hawaii/Fam...oman/-/8905354/13410520/-/5mqhnv/-/index.html

Notes:

The license plate number confusion seems to be clearing up; all but one news source now report Ms. Wideman's plate # as NBN 186.

I took a look at driving directions from Ms. Wideman's residence in Waipahu to her place of employment in Kapolei; according to Google Maps, there are three different routes she could have taken: H-1 West (12.2 miles, 18 minutes); Farrington Highway (11.3 miles, 26 minutes); or HI-76 South/Fort Weaver Road and Farrington Highway (13.4 miles, 32 minutes).

Side view of the 2003 Saturn Ion:

2003SaturnIonSedan-1.jpg

Car belonging to missing woman found in Pearl City

The gold 2003 Saturn Ion belonging to Loida Gabon Wideman was found parked along a curb on Lehua Avenue near 1st Street this afternoon by Crime Reduction Unit officers from the Pearl City substation.

Wideman, 39, remains missing.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/151834025.html

Where is the cars location in relation to her home and job?

So scary. Her 3 boys must be beside themselves with worry.

Hopefully the found car will yield a good deal of forensic evidence.

I'm glad to see so much local coverage. I sent the info to my sister (longtime resident of Honolulu) earlier today and she'd already heard of the case on local news.

DimeDetective, have you heard anything about a possible reward? Do you think offering one would loosen lips in this particular case? I'm inclined to think so.

Holding all positive thoughts for the family that Loida comes home soon.

I'm not too swift at maps, but I placed all 3 known locations on a Google map to see their relative distances from one another. Waipahu is closer to Pearl City but Pearl City is in the opposite direction of the route from Waipahu to Kapolei.

Kapolei .......................................... Waipahu ..... Pearl City

Where was the car found in relation to her work and home addresses?

Where is the cars location in relation to her home and job?

The car was found approximately 2.5 miles east of her home, which is in the opposite direction of her workplace, which is approximately 12 miles southwest of her home.

Here's a map (A is her home; B is where the car was found; C is her workplace):

http://g.co/maps/d6uas

I would expect that LE is canvassing her own neighborhood even more closely after finding Loida's car in Pearl City.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back