Login Troubles

Elf

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.
Can't login today but you could yesterday? Here's a few things to try:

1) Delete your cookies
2) Empty your temp files. (This is a biggie. If your temp folder gets to full it can cause many problems!)
3) Run a virus scan and a spyware scan
4) Try a different browser.

If none of these work, run a complete checkdisk on your system. This is done differently on different systems, but on WinXP go to My Computer. Right click on the "C" dive and select "Properties" then select the "Tools" tab. You will see the error checking option. Select "Check Now". It will tell you that it will run at the next reboot. Reboot your system and let it run.

If this still does not work, post here and I will do what I can to help you out.

Before asking for additional help, please be sure you post which operating system you are using, which browser you are using and if you are running a firewall I need to know which one.

To anyone with a question...

*perhaps you can send detailed program/application (firewall) info to Elf via PM, rather than on the forum for all to see. My concern is for your safety, since this IS an open forum and anyone can read it*

Remember, anything that can be designed can also be hacked.

Thanks for caring about us, Angela.
I love the idea of a "help desk".

Much love to you, Lanie

Elf said:
Can't login today but you could yesterday? Here's a few things to try:

1) Delete your cookies
2) Empty your temp files. (This is a biggie. If your temp folder gets to full it can cause many problems!)
3) Run a virus scan and a spyware scan
4) Try a different browser.

If none of these work, run a complete checkdisk on your system. This is done differently on different systems, but on WinXP go to My Computer. Right click on the "C" dive and select "Properties" then select the "Tools" tab. You will see the error checking option. Select "Check Now". It will tell you that it will run at the next reboot. Reboot your system and let it run.

If this still does not work, post here and I will do what I can to help you out.

Before asking for additional help, please be sure you post which operating system you are using, which browser you are using and if you are running a firewall I need to know which one.

ummmm Elf? If they can't log in, can they post?

I was planning on asking Tricia if I could allow "guest" posting here. That way memebrs that cannot login, as well as pending members having trouble with the validation phase can post here as well.

Thanks for this forum I will try the cookie thing, I have been on this over 2 years and it automatically logged me in, now I have to log in to every thread..

Unregistered said:
Thanks for this forum I will try the cookie thing, I have been on this over 2 years and it automatically logged me in, now I have to log in to every thread..
I have the exact same problem.
I cleared my cookies restarted my computer, but on each thread I lose my name and password.
Please I want it to automatically log me in..
:razz: :confused:

I was having that problem last week, instead of logging in from the main screen, try posting before logging in and it comes up with a screen that allows you in and remembers who you are...

Hi
Every time I go to log in it won't accept my password.
I try to make a new password won't let me do that.
In order to log in every day I have to ask to be logged in through the system
Any suggestions? help? Did all of the above suggestions offered!!!!!!!!!
Jan

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back