Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 609

Thread: George Zimmerman's injuries, per leaked reports

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,266
    Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    I think it was just GZ family doctor that said it was "likely" broken, not a "nose" doctor. HTH.
    Do you think he would put that on the report if the dr. didn't observe some damage to the nose?

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hinky Hollow
    Posts
    14,702
    Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    Do you think he would put that on the report if the dr. didn't observe some damage to the nose?
    No, but all I was responding to was that he was not a nose dr. only a GP. I'm sure there was some damage, I'm just not sure it got there from TM's fist.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:


  4. #253
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    18,389
    Quote Originally Posted by m00c0w View Post
    The recoil from a 9mm handgun would not cause two black eyes and a nose doctors said was likely broken. Not even "possibly" broken, but likely.

    JMO
    Not even if he was on his back with his gun in front of his face??? jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


  6. #254
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,266
    Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    No, but all I was responding to was that he was not a nose dr. only a GP. I'm sure there was some damage, I'm just not sure it got there from TM's fist.
    He was bleeding from the nose that night, as evidenced from the LE report and the report of a photo taken by LE.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:


  8. #255
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,266
    Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    Not even if he was on his back with his gun in front of his face??? jmo
    Wouldn't that have perhaps caused a laceration to the face as well?

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:


  10. #256
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hinky Hollow
    Posts
    14,702
    Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    He was bleeding from the nose that night, as evidenced from the LE report and the report of a photo taken by LE.
    Yes, I know, but that still is not "proof" it was from TM's fist. When we get everything released, it might show it was, and that's ok....just with what we know now it's not proof of it being from TM hitting him.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:


  12. #257
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by gxm View Post
    "Martinís parents are disputing Zimmermanís medical report, saying he was not beaten as badly as he claims he was."

    Interesting how the accusations keep getting walked back. Initially, the assertion was that GZ hadn't been beaten (because he looked too unruffled on the PD tape), now that there's proof of his injuries the new meme is that he wasn't beaten "as badly" as he claims. It reminds me of the racial slur meme, which had to be walked back to "punks."

    JMO, OMO, and
    I think this is a situation where the parents should just not say anything. It diminishes their credibility, because it is obvious they are looking at this from an emotionally loyal position, rather than objectively.

    I understand wanting to rationalize that ones child - dead *or* alive - didn't do something *as* badly as someone is alledging. I think that's normal, and probably every parent has done it at some point.

    But...

    They weren't present for any of what occurred. They don't *really* know what happened. They *do* know that he had been getting in trouble at school - enough trouble to be on his third suspension in just a few months' time.

    I do have to wonder if they think, deep in their hearts in a place that they don't even want to acknowledge to themselves, that it's possible that Trayvon was popping off to Zimmerman.

    Since they were not present, they really shouldn't be commenting about how badly their son did or did not beat on GZ, and I would hope that their lawyer would shield them from saying anything to the media that they would later regret.

  13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wowitsdark For This Useful Post:


  14. #258
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,580
    Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    I think it was just GZ family doctor that said it was "likely" broken, not a "nose" doctor. HTH.
    "Nose" was a noun in that sentence. Hence the article preceding it. "A nose" doctors said was likely broken. HTH.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to m00c0w For This Useful Post:


  16. #259
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,580
    Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    Not even if he was on his back with his gun in front of his face??? jmo
    Have you fired a 9mm pistol?

    At most, the rear sights may have caused a distinct laceration to the nose. Broken it? He'd have had to flung that thing into his own face. There's just no way I could see that happening.

    JMO

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m00c0w For This Useful Post:


  18. #260
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hinky Hollow
    Posts
    14,702
    Quote Originally Posted by m00c0w View Post
    "Nose" was a noun in that sentence. Hence the article preceding it. "A nose" doctors said was likely broken. HTH.
    It did help, Thank You. I'm sorry I mis-read your post.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:


  20. #261
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    18,389
    Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    Wouldn't that have perhaps caused a laceration to the face as well?
    As in a cut lip???
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


  22. #262
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,580
    Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    As in a cut lip???
    If it impacted his lip, how was there enough force transferred to the bridge of his nose to break it and cause two black eyes?

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to m00c0w For This Useful Post:


  24. #263
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    18,389
    Quote Originally Posted by m00c0w View Post
    Have you fired a 9mm pistol?

    At most, the rear sights may have caused a distinct laceration to the nose. Broken it? He'd have had to flung that thing into his own face. There's just no way I could see that happening.

    JMO
    Heck no. Won't go near the darn things, not by choice anyway. I watched a video provided by one of our good posters here awhile back that showed a woman firing the gun and the action of the gun coming back towards her face. She was far enough away from the gun that it did not hit her but had the gun been closer to her body I could see it hitting her in the face. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


  26. #264
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,266
    Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    As in a cut lip???
    Possible, but I didn't the gun was that big, nor the recoil that big to cause a busted lip, broken nose and two black eyes. He would of had to had the gun pretty much touching his face when he shot it and even then, I don't know if you would get those kind of injuries.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:


  28. #265
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    18,389
    Quote Originally Posted by m00c0w View Post
    If it impacted his lip, how was there enough force transferred to the bridge of his nose to break it and cause two black eyes?
    Ahhhhh, I don't know??? I was just asking the question. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


  30. #266
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,580
    Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    Heck no. Won't go near the darn things, not by choice anyway. I watched a video provided by one of our good posters here awhile back that showed a woman firing the gun and the action of the gun coming back towards her face. She was far enough away from the gun that it did not hit her but had the gun been closer to her body I could see it hitting her in the face. jmo
    Yes, it could have hit him in the face. That's not out of the question at all. The force of it hitting him in the face, though... I can't honestly fathom it being nearly enough force to break a nose and cause black eyes. Maybe if someone physically took it and slammed him in the face with it... But the recoil on its own? Nah.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m00c0w For This Useful Post:


  32. #267
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,266
    Quote Originally Posted by m00c0w View Post
    Yes, it could have hit him in the face. That's not out of the question at all. The force of it hitting him in the face, though... I can't honestly fathom it being nearly enough force to break a nose and cause black eyes. Maybe if someone physically took it and slammed him in the face with it... But the recoil on its own? Nah.
    Right, I was thinking (not that I think this happened here) was if the gun caused the injuries, they are more akin to being pistol whipped than from firing the gun.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:


  34. #268
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    18,389
    I also know you don't have to have a broken nose to get two black eyes. Just getting hit in that area of your face will do it. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


  36. #269
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,306
    Quote Originally Posted by gxm View Post
    "Martinís parents are disputing Zimmermanís medical report, saying he was not beaten as badly as he claims he was."

    Interesting how the accusations keep getting walked back. Initially, the assertion was that GZ hadn't been beaten (because he looked too unruffled on the PD tape), now that there's proof of his injuries the new meme is that he wasn't beaten "as badly" as he claims. It reminds me of the racial slur meme, which had to be walked back to "punks."

    JMO, OMO, and
    so now they agree he was beaten, just not as badly???

  37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lillygator For This Useful Post:


  38. #270
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    18,389
    Quote Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
    so now they agree he was beaten, just not as badly???
    Well, I guess we can agree that GZ got his injuries while they were on the ground, or when they fell. I would not expect at the point they were on the ground that TM would not have fought back or tried to get away and in both cases GZ could have been injured. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

  39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:


  40. #271
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,266
    Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    Well, I guess we can agree that GZ got his injuries while they were on the ground, or when they fell. I would not expect at the point they were on the ground that TM would not have fought back or tried to get away and in both cases GZ could have been injured. jmo
    What I find interesting is how everyone (including Crump) swore up and down that GZ had no injuries based on a low resolution police HQ video.

  41. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:


  42. #272
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hinky Hollow
    Posts
    14,702
    ???

    But the new medical records also show the doctor wrote that Zimmerman "had a weapon as he is authorized to carry a firearm, and he fired at the attacker, killing him."

    Sheaffer said that unrelated statement about the gun could raise questions about the report, which otherwise helps Zimmerman.



    http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...njuries/nN7Dh/
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

  43. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:


  44. #273
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    ???

    But the new medical records also show the doctor wrote that Zimmerman "had a weapon as he is authorized to carry a firearm, and he fired at the attacker, killing him."

    Sheaffer said that unrelated statement about the gun could raise questions about the report, which otherwise helps Zimmerman.



    http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...njuries/nN7Dh/
    If I recall from what medical professionals in this forum have said, doctors do note how injuries happened. With that being said, I don't see how the doctor writing down bits and pieces of the story would be anything out of the ordinary, but lets see what the medical professionals have to say.
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
    ďIn all debates, let truth be thy aim, not victory, or an unjust interest.Ē - William Penn

  45. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AJ Noiter For This Useful Post:


  46. #274
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hinky Hollow
    Posts
    14,702
    Sounds like the DR trying to testify for GZ to me........I would understand his describing what happened, but saying he is authorized to carry a weapon...and calling TM the "attacker" IDK.....smells funny to me.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

  47. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:


  48. #275
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    Heck no. Won't go near the darn things, not by choice anyway. I watched a video provided by one of our good posters here awhile back that showed a woman firing the gun and the action of the gun coming back towards her face. She was far enough away from the gun that it did not hit her but had the gun been closer to her body I could see it hitting her in the face. jmo
    I believe I have seen the video you speak of, if we're speaking of the same video that was not a KelTec PF-9 (or any 9mm for that matter), it was something with much more kick.

    As a side note, there is a video from a WS member demonstrating the weapon, how to load it and such, and in that video she puts the gun close to her face to show where it would need to be to hit someone in the face. I don't know where that video is as it was pointed out to me while discussing that this weapon can not be cocked manually, I'll look for it and post it if I find it.
    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
    ďIn all debates, let truth be thy aim, not victory, or an unjust interest.Ē - William Penn

  49. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ Noiter For This Useful Post:


Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trayvon's injuries, per the leaked autopsy report
    By beach in forum George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin
    Replies: 255
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 09:30 PM
  2. George Zimmerman's Injuries
    By JBean in forum George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin
    Replies: 482
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 12:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •