Page 11 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    At the time of this crime, it was so much like the rape and beating of that TV anchorwoman in IIRC, Little Rock, Arkansas. She too eventually died days later from her beating. I can't recall her name, but her mom was the one who found her and called 911. She too was beaten in the middle of the night.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gracielee For This Useful Post:

This crime is one's worst nightmare: waking up in the night to a killer. It's so horrifying. It's really difficult to scare me, but last night I slept with a bat and the bedroom door locked.

Lesson from this case: always bring in your mail every day. Never let mail sit in your mailbox in case someone's casing your house.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boodles For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Boodles View Post
    This crime is one's worst nightmare: waking up in the night to a killer. It's so horrifying. It's really difficult to scare me, but last night I slept with a bat and the bedroom door locked.

Lesson from this case: always bring in your mail every day. Never let mail sit in your mailbox in case someone's casing your house.
    The problem with that is, this wasn't her house. The house belonged to her boyfriend who was out of town at the time. She was there recuperating from a surgery she'd had that day. I guess they never even thought of checking his mailbox. I don't believe him anyway, that he didn't see the car in the drive-way and thought the house was empty. He had to walk right past the car to get into the house. I count on my two big dogs to warn me and give me time to get to my gun. I've got a hundred pound rottie mix that sleeps right beside me on the bed. And another 100 lb. dog that sleeps at the top of the stairs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gracielee For This Useful Post:

gracie, sounds like you are safe!

Does anyone know if JW's wife divorced him?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Boodles For This Useful Post:

does anyone know where we can watch tammi's verdict live?

gracie, sounds like you are safe!

Does anyone know if JW's wife divorced him?
    LOL, yes, I do sleep well at night. Both of my dogs are rescues, and therefore extremely bonded with my family. I feel certain, especially my rottie, would fight hard if someone were to threaten us.

I think she divorced him but I'm not positive of that. I think borndem would or Prancy would know for sure.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gracielee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Pssst Tammi verdict in. To be read at 3:30 EST I guess 1230 for you
    I knooooooooooooow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kate42000 View Post
    does anyone know where we can watch tammi's verdict live?
    http://www.kpho.com/category/224303/...live-streaming

14. The Following User Says Thank You to seattlechiquita For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kate42000 View Post
    It does seem ridiculous to dredge up all the scientific procedures since, as you folks are saying, he has admitted to the crime...it seems to me the trial should be about mitigating the circumstances pertaining to his punishment..maybe someone can explain why all this type of testimony is neccessary.
    I think that the state has to present all the evidence they have just as if the defense attorney had not made those admissions of guilt in the opening statement, since what the say in the opening statement cannot be considered as evidence. Plus, the defense is denying it is first degreee murder, IMO because he was too intoxicated to form the intent to murder the victim. I guess all of the state's evidence will hopefully prove that it was premediated, first degree murder.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Prancy For This Useful Post:

Makes sense Prancy....

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kate42000 For This Useful Post:

If LWOP was offered and refused, I have no issue, as this guy absolutely needs to be locked away forever and day at minimum. But I suspect LWOP wasn't offered (just my speculation, as I think since they're admitting his involvement, they would have taken that sentence).

I guess this is all quite political.
    Yes, Boodles, I think you're right -- and I also agree that JW needs to be away from the public for the rest of his life.

The DT says it's not premeditated, but premeditation doesn't require three days, for instance, of planning. Minutes will do it.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

20. The Following User Says Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gracielee View Post
    JMO, but I'd guess they are going for less then LWOP, hence the need for a trial. JW has that narcicisstic type personality again, IMO. And they've taken on this whole 'everybody else is at fault but our poor, mentally ill, client.' I think they are going for much less than LWOP. I'm reminded of that other distant N.C. case. Perhaps borndem can help me here, the guy who shot & killed a number of people and ended up in Dorthea Dix, was his name Michael something or other?
    Right now, I can't think of that particular case -- it rings a little tiny and far-away bell, but my CRS is acting up, and I can't conjure up the name.... will keep trying...

And yes, they don't want this to be 1st degree, but they seem to be forgetting about 1st degree rape... and Diminished Capacity, IMO, is not appropriate here. What he did to her in that room was to commit a crime of rape -- she wasn't dancing naked in front of him (I'm being serious here) -- he had to uncover her, take her pj bottoms & panties off and pull up her pj top as high as it would go, and then be sober enuff to leave his DNA in her & on the sheets. Then (IMO) he had to get rid of the witness to what he did. Planning and presence of mind, IMO. Period.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

You said it -- just simple things can make a big difference in one's personal safety, like looking around your car at night before you approach it & before you unlock it remotely.

And Boodles, if you don't have that 250-lb Navy Seal with with the sig sauer* on his hip in your bedroom, there's nothing at all wrong with a baseball bat...

* Please know that I am not a gun fan... it's just that the good folks on NCIS use them...

Quote Originally Posted by gracielee View Post
    LOL, yes, I do sleep well at night. Both of my dogs are rescues, and therefore extremely bonded with my family. I feel certain, especially my rottie, would fight hard if someone were to threaten us.

I think she divorced him but I'm not positive of that. I think borndem would or Prancy would know for sure.
    No idea about this, folks -- I think she has been subpoenaed, so this question will probably come up. And I don't think her testimony will help him one bit... as long as the DT doesn't try to make it sound like he was mentally ill instead of just plain mean, selfish & cruel.

And another thang:

If the checking the mailbox story is true, it sure seems to me that doing that takes him farrrrr away from diminished capacity. This man was thinking and planning...

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast