• Guilty Custodial Interference

Votes: 91 85.0%
  • Not Guilty Custodial Interference

Votes: 11 10.3%

• Total voters

momtective

Lifetime WS Non-Mod
Reaction score
After watching the trial and hearing the evidence I believe Tammi is guilty on all counts, but I'm not the jury and after the verdict in another high profile case I'm feeling a bit apprehensive as we await the verdict.

How are you feeling as we wait, how long before the jury returns, what do you think the verdict will be, and what sentence if any do you feel is appropriate?

I vote guilty on both counts. As far as sentence, I am not sure. Jail time fo sho.

IMHO, I think she's guilty on both counts, but I really think the jury will find her guilty on both counts because:

1) Ms. Andrews laid out the timeline and the moves TPS made very well.

2) Ms. Andrews did a bang-up job in explaining how each of TPS' actions and phone calls apply to each part of the jury instructions.

3) TPS' own words on the hours of LE interviews speak for themselves.

4) TPS' own testimony contradicts most of what she told LE again and again over an almost 2 month period of time.

5) As far as the forgery, we heard TPS and CC telephone convo where she tells him she's gonna just tell the cops that some "crazy girl" wrote down his name. Can you say "intent"?

after that 'other high profile' case I always feel unsure. I think they showed enough evidence to find her guilty on both counts, but as for the sentencing I'm wavering. I think they will come back today with a verdict, IMO. But I've been forever scarred by that other case. *sigh*

This is my "training wheels" trial to see if I can take another trial after the Anthony fiasco. I think Tammi is guilty, and I think there's plenty of evidence to support a guilty verdict on both counts. However, since she's not a horrible child-victimizer, such as what we are used to seeing on here, I believe I won't be too upset if she is acquitted. At least I hope not!

Guilty on both counts, just not sure what the jury will do with the Custodial Interference part.

I so want to see her spend some real time in jail.

Is sentencing done on the same day as the verdict is read in a case like this?

:rocker:
after that 'other high profile' case I always feel unsure. I think they showed enough evidence to find her guilty on both counts, but as for the sentencing I'm wavering. I think they will come back today with a verdict, IMO. But I've been forever scarred by that other case. *sigh*

Well, I heard BK on IS tell Christie Paul that if TPS is found guilty on both counts, then the judge has to decide if there were aggravating factors - causing financial, physical or emotional distress to the victim (Logan McQueary). And I don't know if BK was just misspeaking or if it changes the ballgame, but she said if those aggravating factors were found (of course they will be - Logan STILL doesn't have his son!), that TPS has to go to state prison. So I don't know if she meant jail, but said prison, or if the aggravating factors ups the ante to put her in prison instead of jail. :woohoo::woohoo:

Even Logan never went to state prison!

Anyone think the jury took a straw poll after deciding on a foreman? I'm thinking maybe they did and they were all in agreement, guilty on both charges. Knowing that media interviews were an option after they rendered the verdict, maybe they wanted to be fresh and have more time to deal with the afterglow so they went home for the night.
At least I'm hoping that's how it went. :crazy:

Anyone think the jury took a straw poll after deciding on a foreman? I'm thinking maybe they did and they were all in agreement, guilty on both charges. Knowing that media interviews were an option after they rendered the verdict, maybe they wanted to be fresh and have more time to deal with the afterglow so they went home for the night.

I agree with you 100%! :fence:

I just hope they don't dress like Tammi... I've had enough tight-boobage show for this summer.

IS commentator just said; and I'm paraphrasing here "The cross and the plunging neckline...quite a contradiction." :giggle:

was TPS criminal record ever discussed at trial?

No, I think it can only come in during the sentencing phase - to show she has a history of forgery.

We only found the charges in LA - who knows if she had charges in other states that we didn't find (especially since she had a number of last names - hers and each of her 5 marriages).

ETA: Or even different counties in LA.....

ETA (again): I suspect TPS' fingerprints gave them a nice history. LOL

I just hope they don't dress like Tammi... I've had enough tight-boobage show for this summer.

LOL Maybe she was trying to get more men to watch the trial, since they wouldn't have to "pay per view".

:floorlaugh: :slap:

From the court PIO twitter:

MC Superior Court‏@courtpio

Tammi Smith Trial: The jury hours of deliberation will be 10:30am - 4:30pm.

Of course, that doesn't mean they will be deliberating all day. The judge told them he wanted them to give him a schedule of what hours they wanted to be working.

But there really is not live streaming today, right? Unless there's a verdict?

I voted guilty on both counts also.

The fact that the judge wants Tammi at the courthouse by 2:00pm, tells me that he expects a verdict today.

Beth K was on IS this morning, she said something like that there was no "contract" between Elizabeth and Tammi, and without a contract there can not be custodial interference.
So I don't know because I'm not a lawyer.
At the same time, the prosecution thinks there was custodial interference, and she is a lawyer.
lol.
I think the judge will be able to take in account the fact that Tammi has a criminal background.
She deserves to be in jail for a couple of months.

But there really is not live streaming today, right? Unless there's a verdict?

That's my understanding - since TPS doesn't have to be in the courtroom until 2 pm unless the jury comes back with a verdict earlier.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back