Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 225

Thread: Mary Kennedy 52 found dead Estranged from Robert F Kennedy

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    24,301

    Mary Kennedy 52 found dead Estranged from Robert F Kennedy

    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    6,926
    Cindi Lou


    Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

  4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    24,301
    Radaronline has reported that it was a suicide, but that has not been confirmed.
    The so-called Kennedy curse has stalked the family with loss and tragedies.

    The couple married in 1994. Robert filed for divorce in May 2010 and, three days later, Mary was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving in Westchester County, authorities said at the time.

    They had four children together

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/crime/20...ly-found-dead/
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    6,641
    So sad for her children.

    RIP Mary
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

  8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Gardenlady For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,443
    I hope that this death is well-investigated.

    Anyone who has ever been treated for depression or had a drug or alcohol addiction is forever vulnerable to becoming the victim of a staged suicide or accident. It is such a convenient excuse, even if the person's depression is under control or if they have overcome a substance abuse. MOO

    In this particular case, we can add in the factors of wealth, political power, fame and social status , all of which (MOO), could increase the chances of some kind of foul play or cover-up.

    I realize that there are mothers who kill themselves in spite of leaving minor children behind, but I do believe that the great majority of mothers who might suffer from major depression still retain the powerful instinct to protect their kids from the heartbreak of being abandoned by their mother. I speak from experience. I have had major depression all of my adult life, and I am recovered alcoholic. No alcoholic drink will ever be worth the he!! of being slave to the bottle! By the time my youngest child is grown, the oldest is married and having my grandchild, and I am determined not to leave this world until God decides I'm done!

    If I ever turn up dead in a bathtub and they call it suicide, you can bet there is a murderer lurking in the linen closet!


  10. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    649
    And let the conspiracy theories commence........

  11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to animlzrule For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,686
    Quote Originally Posted by animlzrule View Post
    And let the conspiracy theories commence........
    Whoah Nelliy!

    Why go there?

    Just because you can maybe?

    I see her as a beautiful woman in a powerful family who in the long run couldn't take it anymore.

    So sad.
    The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
    Bertrand Russell

  13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Glow For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Boonies of Louisiana
    Posts
    2,755
    It has been stated that Mary was found hanging. I will be interested to hear the details as they emerge.

    I cant help but be curious and slightly suspicious based on the decades long disregard , arrogance, or abuse of women by the kennedys.

    Starting with the Grandfather Joe who ordered his daughter Rosemary to have a lobotomy so that she would be more compliant with what he wanted. It was completely botch job and she had to be institutionalized for the rest of her life and publicly ignored.

    Then the next generation of Kennedys spawned Ted who killed Mary Jo Kopechne, walked off as if nothing had happened and tried to blame her death on herself or the fact he blacked out. BS story. The truth is he was drinking and driving, had eluded the cops, caused the accident and refused to get help even though Mary Jo could have been saved. She survived after the wreck in the submerged car in a pocket of air. He body was found in the exact position that she had died in, with her head and body straining to get the last bit of air.

    Then there is Bobby and John with Marilyn Monroe. It was staged to look like a suicide but how could she die of a pill overdose from the medication in her bloodstream when she had ingested no pills. No pills or meds were found in her stoma ck. Bobby and John were done with her and she was a liability and in their way so they (and their domineering father) had many reasons to want her permanently silenced.

    Apparently the day before Marilyn was found dead she threatened to hold a press conference and tell the story about her romances with both John and brother Bobby. John's affair with Marilyn reportedly started in 1953, a mere five months after he
    married Jacqueline Bouvier.

    John Jr may not have intended to kill his wife and her sister but his arrogance in flying when he was not qualified to was the reason they died. His negligence and disregard for the rules and laws of aviation led to their deaths.

    Then other in the family show just as much disregard for women. Patric kennedy kicked a nurse in her stomach and hit her so hard she flew backwards when she was trying to keep him from leaving the ward with his newborn. It was against policy for security reasons but as a kennedy, he felt those reasons and laws didn't apply to him. He clearly assaulted the nurse and there is no excuse.

    David Kennedy was driving recklessy, showing off and caused a young female passenger (his girlfriend Pam) to be injured so badly that she was paralyzed for life. He was charged and paid a $100 fine. He was clearly at fault and the Kennedys felt that giving her 50,000 (thru the years, not all at once) should compensate her for the loss of her legs and confinement to a wheelchair. Then Joe fianlly said he was tired of her trying to sponge money off of the family as told he was " broke and wouldn't be her financial crutch anymore". Nice choice of words there.. he won't be a "crutch" to a girl his son paralyzed for life??? She did get money from the kennedy's insurance policy but 600,000 doesn't go far for a paralyzed teen facing many decades of disability.

    Then there was William Kennedy Smith and the rape allegations, there have been other accusations as well for attempted rape and sexual harrassment.

    Oh there are more stories of similar things and tragedies but I think this is enough to show the family is definitely worthy of a second look when it comes to unattended deaths and accidents.
    SwampMama

    GUILTY!!!

    Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html


  15. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    12,219
    another tragic Kennedy death. Sad

  16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,828
    Quote Originally Posted by animlzrule View Post
    And let the conspiracy theories commence........
    I agree. Here we go with another round of Kennedy crap. Yes, yes the family is some sort of unending chain of cursed/terrible people. We get it.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt


    In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. I am a newly practicing lawyer (yay!) but not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AnaTeresa For This Useful Post:


  19. #11
    essies's Avatar
    essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,294
    MARY KENNEDY DEATH
    Asphyxiation
    Due to Hanging

    SNIP-
    Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s estranged wife Mary Kennedy died yesterday as a result of asphyxiation by hanging -- this according to the Westchester County medical examiner.

    The medical examiner does NOT mention the word "suicide" -- though it's being widely reported ... Mary killed herself.
    http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/17/mary-k...ts-fullwrapper

    "It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

  20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to essies For This Useful Post:


  21. #12
    s_finch is offline "Perpetrators on all levels strive for stealth"
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    I hope that this death is well-investigated.

    Anyone who has ever been treated for depression or had a drug or alcohol addiction is forever vulnerable to becoming the victim of a staged suicide or accident. It is such a convenient excuse, even if the person's depression is under control or if they have overcome a substance abuse. MOO
    Yep, and today's info that she "died of asphyxiation due to hanging" is suspicious to me.

    http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/17/us/new...html?hpt=hp_t1
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/ima...ine=1215390902Dail Dinwiddie missing since 1992
    http://www.kristenfoundation.org/cgi...port=sp&ID=027

    **************************************

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to s_finch For This Useful Post:


  23. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampMama View Post
    It has been stated that Mary was found hanging. I will be interested to hear the details as they emerge.

    I cant help but be curious and slightly suspicious based on the decades long disregard , arrogance, or abuse of women by the kennedys.

    Starting with the Grandfather Joe who ordered his daughter Rosemary to have a lobotomy so that she would be more compliant with what he wanted. It was completely botch job and she had to be institutionalized for the rest of her life and publicly ignored.

    Then the next generation of Kennedys spawned Ted who killed Mary Jo Kopechne, walked off as if nothing had happened and tried to blame her death on herself or the fact he blacked out. BS story. The truth is he was drinking and driving, had eluded the cops, caused the accident and refused to get help even though Mary Jo could have been saved. She survived after the wreck in the submerged car in a pocket of air. He body was found in the exact position that she had died in, with her head and body straining to get the last bit of air.

    Then there is Bobby and John with Marilyn Monroe. It was staged to look like a suicide but how could she die of a pill overdose from the medication in her bloodstream when she had ingested no pills. No pills or meds were found in her stoma ck. Bobby and John were done with her and she was a liability and in their way so they (and their domineering father) had many reasons to want her permanently silenced.

    Apparently the day before Marilyn was found dead she threatened to hold a press conference and tell the story about her romances with both John and brother Bobby. John's affair with Marilyn reportedly started in 1953, a mere five months after he
    married Jacqueline Bouvier.

    John Jr may not have intended to kill his wife and her sister but his arrogance in flying when he was not qualified to was the reason they died. His negligence and disregard for the rules and laws of aviation led to their deaths.

    Then other in the family show just as much disregard for women. Patric kennedy kicked a nurse in her stomach and hit her so hard she flew backwards when she was trying to keep him from leaving the ward with his newborn. It was against policy for security reasons but as a kennedy, he felt those reasons and laws didn't apply to him. He clearly assaulted the nurse and there is no excuse.

    David Kennedy was driving recklessy, showing off and caused a young female passenger (his girlfriend Pam) to be injured so badly that she was paralyzed for life. He was charged and paid a $100 fine. He was clearly at fault and the Kennedys felt that giving her 50,000 (thru the years, not all at once) should compensate her for the loss of her legs and confinement to a wheelchair. Then Joe fianlly said he was tired of her trying to sponge money off of the family as told he was " broke and wouldn't be her financial crutch anymore". Nice choice of words there.. he won't be a "crutch" to a girl his son paralyzed for life??? She did get money from the kennedy's insurance policy but 600,000 doesn't go far for a paralyzed teen facing many decades of disability.
    Then there was William Kennedy Smith and the rape allegations, there have been other accusations as well for attempted rape and sexual harrassment.

    Oh there are more stories of similar things and tragedies but I think this is enough to show the family is definitely worthy of a second look when it comes to unattended deaths and accidents.
    I just wanted to make the correction that David wasnt driving the jeep but was a passenger. His brother Joe was the driver. They are Bobby's sons. The girl who was injured was Pam Kelley, David's girlfriend.

  24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to drew For This Useful Post:


  25. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Carolinas
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    I hope that this death is well-investigated.

    Anyone who has ever been treated for depression or had a drug or alcohol addiction is forever vulnerable to becoming the victim of a staged suicide or accident. It is such a convenient excuse, even if the person's depression is under control or if they have overcome a substance abuse. MOO

    In this particular case, we can add in the factors of wealth, political power, fame and social status , all of which (MOO), could increase the chances of some kind of foul play or cover-up.

    I realize that there are mothers who kill themselves in spite of leaving minor children behind, but I do believe that the great majority of mothers who might suffer from major depression still retain the powerful instinct to protect their kids from the heartbreak of being abandoned by their mother. I speak from experience. I have had major depression all of my adult life, and I am recovered alcoholic. No alcoholic drink will ever be worth the he!! of being slave to the bottle! By the time my youngest child is grown, the oldest is married and having my grandchild, and I am determined not to leave this world until God decides I'm done!

    If I ever turn up dead in a bathtub and they call it suicide, you can bet there is a murderer lurking in the linen closet!
    YES. THIS. This happened to my aunt and hers is still an open case, but it was "her fault" because there were drugs and alcohol in her system.
    I'm just sayin...



    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." —Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

  26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CuriousHousewife For This Useful Post:


  27. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Heart of America
    Posts
    1,214
    Isn't it a bit unusual for a woman to kill herself by hanging? I am no expert but have researched lots of crimes and do not see this much if at all.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

    Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

  28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Snick1946 For This Useful Post:


  29. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Boonies of Louisiana
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    I just wanted to make the correction that David wasnt driving the jeep but was a passenger. His brother Joe was the driver. They are Bobby's sons. The girl who was injured was Pam Kelley, David's girlfriend.
    Thanks for catching that. My head was swimming from all of the different cases involving the Kennedys and I mixed up names. So I appreciate you setting that one straight.
    SwampMama

    GUILTY!!!

    Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SwampMama For This Useful Post:


  31. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    22,198

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  33. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    18,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Snick1946 View Post
    Isn't it a bit unusual for a woman to kill herself by hanging? I am no expert but have researched lots of crimes and do not see this much if at all.
    Per the link below, hanging is more common for men than women. That being said, one of my best friends as a kid found his mother hanging in the garage; there was no suggestion of foul play.

    http://depression.about.com/od/suicid1/f/suicide.htm

  34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:


  35. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,641
    Sorry all but Kennedy fan here. This family could sit home on the butts and live the high life but they were, are and still continue to serve the public. They do more good then people even realize.

    They are also human like all of us with a huge family. The media just loves to jump on anything Kennedy.
    I find this terribly sad and I did read that she left a note. Why she chose to hang herself is anyones guess. I was shocked when I heard it. Her children are young and my thought are with them.

  36. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to The Farm For This Useful Post:


  37. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    18,400
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampMama View Post
    It has been stated that Mary was found hanging. I will be interested to hear the details as they emerge.

    I cant help but be curious and slightly suspicious based on the decades long disregard , arrogance, or abuse of women by the kennedys.

    Starting with the Grandfather Joe who ordered his daughter Rosemary to have a lobotomy....
    Thank you for that history of Kennedy tragedies. I'm not sure they prove a pattern of animus against women any greater than the general population through the same periods.

    Lobotomies were being touted as wonder cures at the time of Rosemary's operation. Tennessee Williams' mother had his sister lobotomized around the same time, and Mrs. Williams was neither male nor rich.

    Drunk driving was very common at the time of the accident at Chappaquiddick. I don't say this to excuse Ted, but just to question whether we can extrapolate anything from his conduct in the matter.

    Likewise, the Michael Smith (I believe he was found not guilty, but assuming he did something) incident occurred when the concept of "acquaintance rape" was still fairly new in the national consciousness. Again, not a defense: I'm just saying that what he did wasn't unique to the Kennedys.

    Many of the accounts of JRK, Jr.'s accident blamed his wife's assertiveness for his recklessness. Fair? I have no idea. Ultimately, Jr. was the pilot, but he did kill himself along with his wife and sister-in-law.

    I don't think there's any question that the Kennedys are a large and rich clan, and that some of the members have demonstrated a sense of entitlement (no matter how much the family as a whole has tried to stress public service). But I'm not sure any of the incidents you mention were uncommon at the time (unfortunately) and so I don't know if we can make a case that mistreatment of women is a family tradition.

    (BTW I'm from a different corner of the country and have no sentimental attachment to any of the Kennedys. I'm just thinking out loud here.)

  38. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:


  39. #21
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    5,655
    A housekeeper found the body of Mary Richardson Kennedy, 52, after she had committed suicide at the family's Mount Kisco estate in Westchester County, New York.

    Sources told The New York Times that the mother-of-four had left a suicide note, but its contents were not disclosed.

    They had four children - Conor, Finny, Kyra, and Aidan - together, none of whom were home at the time of her death.

    They range in age from 11 to 17 years old and spent the majority of time with their mother in New York while Robert Kennedy Jr had relocated to Los Angeles.

    Her eldest children were away at boarding school and the youngest were with their father.

    It was believed that Mrs Kennedy's funeral would be held on Saturday at St Patrick’s Church, Bedford before she would be buried at St. Francis Xavier Church in Hyannis, Massachusetts, according to HollywoodLife.com.

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1vGWbeI2M

  40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crosby87 For This Useful Post:


  41. #22
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    5,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Snick1946 View Post
    Isn't it a bit unusual for a woman to kill herself by hanging? I am no expert but have researched lots of crimes and do not see this much if at all.
    Hanging oneself doesn't cause a bloody mess like shooting or cutting yourself with a knife would. She could have taken a drug overdose but I guess if you take a drug overdose there is always a chance you might wake up so she hung herself instead. jmo

  42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crosby87 For This Useful Post:


  43. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,443
    I wonder if Mrs. Kennedy had ever attempted suicide before?

    I suppose that if a person had tried suicide before (by taking drugs) but failed, he or she might decide to add hanging to the next overdose attempt to insure that if the drugs were insufficient to to kill, the hanging would seal the deal.

    I'm still stuck on the fact that her youngest child of the four is only 11, the oldest 17. Their lives will be completely overturned. Would she really choose to do such an awful thing to her children?

  44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TGIRecovered For This Useful Post:


  45. #24
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    5,655
    A wake was planned for Friday evening, Kennedy family publicist Ken Sunshine said. It will take place in the Bedford mansion that Kennedy, an architect, and her husband lovingly restored into an eco-friendly home after flooding left it infested with black mold.

    http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/18/us/new...ath/index.html

  46. The Following User Says Thank You to Crosby87 For This Useful Post:


  47. #25
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    5,655
    Wake for Mary Kennedy after Judge settles fight

    The two sides of Mary Richardson Kennedy's grieving family faced off in court Friday, just hours before she was mourned at a wake at the estate where she committed suicide.

    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...rbs&id=8666861

  48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Crosby87 For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. George Kennedy
    By nursebeeme in forum Nevaeh Buchanan
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-09-2013, 05:25 AM
  2. CO - Paonia woman found dead, estranged husband arrested
    By mysticrose in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 10:46 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 07:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •