Mary Kennedy 52 found dead Estranged from Robert F Kennedy

Radaronline has reported that it was a suicide, but that has not been confirmed.
The so-called Kennedy curse has stalked the family with loss and tragedies.

The couple married in 1994. Robert filed for divorce in May 2010 and, three days later, Mary was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving in Westchester County, authorities said at the time.

They had four children together

http://www.forbes.com/sites/crime/2...bert-f-kennedy-jr-wife-reportedly-found-dead/

I hope that this death is well-investigated.

Anyone who has ever been treated for depression or had a drug or alcohol addiction is forever vulnerable to becoming the victim of a staged suicide or accident. It is such a convenient excuse, even if the person's depression is under control or if they have overcome a substance abuse. MOO

In this particular case, we can add in the factors of wealth, political power, fame and social status , all of which (MOO), could increase the chances of some kind of foul play or cover-up.

I realize that there are mothers who kill themselves in spite of leaving minor children behind, but I do believe that the great majority of mothers who might suffer from major depression still retain the powerful instinct to protect their kids from the heartbreak of being abandoned by their mother. I speak from experience. I have had major depression all of my adult life, and I am recovered alcoholic. No alcoholic drink will ever be worth the he!! of being slave to the bottle! By the time my youngest child is grown, the oldest is married and having my grandchild, and I am determined not to leave this world until God decides I'm done!

If I ever turn up dead in a bathtub and they call it suicide, you can bet there is a murderer lurking in the linen closet!

And let the conspiracy theories commence........:bang:

Whoah Nelliy!

Why go there?

Just because you can maybe?

I see her as a beautiful woman in a powerful family who in the long run couldn't take it anymore.

So sad.

It has been stated that Mary was found hanging. I will be interested to hear the details as they emerge.

I cant help but be curious and slightly suspicious based on the decades long disregard , arrogance, or abuse of women by the kennedys.

Starting with the Grandfather Joe who ordered his daughter Rosemary to have a lobotomy so that she would be more compliant with what he wanted. It was completely botch job and she had to be institutionalized for the rest of her life and publicly ignored.

Then the next generation of Kennedys spawned Ted who killed Mary Jo Kopechne, walked off as if nothing had happened and tried to blame her death on herself or the fact he blacked out. BS story. The truth is he was drinking and driving, had eluded the cops, caused the accident and refused to get help even though Mary Jo could have been saved. She survived after the wreck in the submerged car in a pocket of air. He body was found in the exact position that she had died in, with her head and body straining to get the last bit of air.

Then there is Bobby and John with Marilyn Monroe. It was staged to look like a suicide but how could she die of a pill overdose from the medication in her bloodstream when she had ingested no pills. No pills or meds were found in her stoma ck. Bobby and John were done with her and she was a liability and in their way so they (and their domineering father) had many reasons to want her permanently silenced.

Apparently the day before Marilyn was found dead she threatened to hold a press conference and tell the story about her romances with both John and brother Bobby. John's affair with Marilyn reportedly started in 1953, a mere five months after he
married Jacqueline Bouvier.

John Jr may not have intended to kill his wife and her sister but his arrogance in flying when he was not qualified to was the reason they died. His negligence and disregard for the rules and laws of aviation led to their deaths.

Then other in the family show just as much disregard for women. Patric kennedy kicked a nurse in her stomach and hit her so hard she flew backwards when she was trying to keep him from leaving the ward with his newborn. It was against policy for security reasons but as a kennedy, he felt those reasons and laws didn't apply to him. He clearly assaulted the nurse and there is no excuse.

David Kennedy was driving recklessy, showing off and caused a young female passenger (his girlfriend Pam) to be injured so badly that she was paralyzed for life. He was charged and paid a $100 fine. He was clearly at fault and the Kennedys felt that giving her 50,000 (thru the years, not all at once) should compensate her for the loss of her legs and confinement to a wheelchair. Then Joe fianlly said he was tired of her trying to sponge money off of the family as told he was " broke and wouldn't be her financial crutch anymore". Nice choice of words there.. he won't be a "crutch" to a girl his son paralyzed for life??? She did get money from the kennedy's insurance policy but 600,000 doesn't go far for a paralyzed teen facing many decades of disability.

Then there was William Kennedy Smith and the rape allegations, there have been other accusations as well for attempted rape and sexual harrassment.

Oh there are more stories of similar things and tragedies but I think this is enough to show the family is definitely worthy of a second look when it comes to unattended deaths and accidents.

And let the conspiracy theories commence........:bang:

I agree. Here we go with another round of Kennedy crap. Yes, yes the family is some sort of unending chain of cursed/terrible people. We get it. :moo:

MARY KENNEDY DEATH
Asphyxiation
Due to Hanging

SNIP-
Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s estranged wife Mary Kennedy died yesterday as a result of asphyxiation by hanging -- this according to the Westchester County medical examiner.

The medical examiner does NOT mention the word "suicide" -- though it's being widely reported ... Mary killed herself.
http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/17/mary-kennedy-asphyxiation-hanging/#comments-fullwrapper

Anyone who has ever been treated for depression or had a drug or alcohol addiction is forever vulnerable to becoming the victim of a staged suicide or accident. It is such a convenient excuse, even if the person's depression is under control or if they have overcome a substance abuse. MOO

Yep, and today's info that she "died of asphyxiation due to hanging" is suspicious to me.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/17/us/new-york-mary-kennedy-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

It has been stated that Mary was found hanging. I will be interested to hear the details as they emerge.

I cant help but be curious and slightly suspicious based on the decades long disregard , arrogance, or abuse of women by the kennedys.

Starting with the Grandfather Joe who ordered his daughter Rosemary to have a lobotomy so that she would be more compliant with what he wanted. It was completely botch job and she had to be institutionalized for the rest of her life and publicly ignored.

Then the next generation of Kennedys spawned Ted who killed Mary Jo Kopechne, walked off as if nothing had happened and tried to blame her death on herself or the fact he blacked out. BS story. The truth is he was drinking and driving, had eluded the cops, caused the accident and refused to get help even though Mary Jo could have been saved. She survived after the wreck in the submerged car in a pocket of air. He body was found in the exact position that she had died in, with her head and body straining to get the last bit of air.

Then there is Bobby and John with Marilyn Monroe. It was staged to look like a suicide but how could she die of a pill overdose from the medication in her bloodstream when she had ingested no pills. No pills or meds were found in her stoma ck. Bobby and John were done with her and she was a liability and in their way so they (and their domineering father) had many reasons to want her permanently silenced.

Apparently the day before Marilyn was found dead she threatened to hold a press conference and tell the story about her romances with both John and brother Bobby. John's affair with Marilyn reportedly started in 1953, a mere five months after he
married Jacqueline Bouvier.

John Jr may not have intended to kill his wife and her sister but his arrogance in flying when he was not qualified to was the reason they died. His negligence and disregard for the rules and laws of aviation led to their deaths.

Then other in the family show just as much disregard for women. Patric kennedy kicked a nurse in her stomach and hit her so hard she flew backwards when she was trying to keep him from leaving the ward with his newborn. It was against policy for security reasons but as a kennedy, he felt those reasons and laws didn't apply to him. He clearly assaulted the nurse and there is no excuse.

David Kennedy was driving recklessy, showing off and caused a young female passenger (his girlfriend Pam) to be injured so badly that she was paralyzed for life. He was charged and paid a $100 fine. He was clearly at fault and the Kennedys felt that giving her 50,000 (thru the years, not all at once) should compensate her for the loss of her legs and confinement to a wheelchair. Then Joe fianlly said he was tired of her trying to sponge money off of the family as told he was " broke and wouldn't be her financial crutch anymore". Nice choice of words there.. he won't be a "crutch" to a girl his son paralyzed for life??? She did get money from the kennedy's insurance policy but 600,000 doesn't go far for a paralyzed teen facing many decades of disability.
Then there was William Kennedy Smith and the rape allegations, there have been other accusations as well for attempted rape and sexual harrassment.

Oh there are more stories of similar things and tragedies but I think this is enough to show the family is definitely worthy of a second look when it comes to unattended deaths and accidents.

I just wanted to make the correction that David wasnt driving the jeep but was a passenger. His brother Joe was the driver. They are Bobby's sons. The girl who was injured was Pam Kelley, David's girlfriend.

In this particular case, we can add in the factors of wealth, political power, fame and social status , all of which (MOO), could increase the chances of some kind of foul play or cover-up.

I realize that there are mothers who kill themselves in spite of leaving minor children behind, but I do believe that the great majority of mothers who might suffer from major depression still retain the powerful instinct to protect their kids from the heartbreak of being abandoned by their mother. I speak from experience. I have had major depression all of my adult life, and I am recovered alcoholic. No alcoholic drink will ever be worth the he!! of being slave to the bottle! By the time my youngest child is grown, the oldest is married and having my grandchild, and I am determined not to leave this world until God decides I'm done!

If I ever turn up dead in a bathtub and they call it suicide, you can bet there is a murderer lurking in the linen closet!

YES. THIS. This happened to my aunt and hers is still an open case, but it was "her fault" because there were drugs and alcohol in her system.

Isn't it a bit unusual for a woman to kill herself by hanging? I am no expert but have researched lots of crimes and do not see this much if at all.

I just wanted to make the correction that David wasnt driving the jeep but was a passenger. His brother Joe was the driver. They are Bobby's sons. The girl who was injured was Pam Kelley, David's girlfriend.

Thanks for catching that. My head was swimming from all of the different cases involving the Kennedys and I mixed up names. So I appreciate you setting that one straight.

Isn't it a bit unusual for a woman to kill herself by hanging? I am no expert but have researched lots of crimes and do not see this much if at all.

Per the link below, hanging is more common for men than women. That being said, one of my best friends as a kid found his mother hanging in the garage; there was no suggestion of foul play.

http://depression.about.com/od/suicid1/f/suicide.htm

Sorry all but Kennedy fan here. This family could sit home on the butts and live the high life but they were, are and still continue to serve the public. They do more good then people even realize.

They are also human like all of us with a huge family. The media just loves to jump on anything Kennedy.
I find this terribly sad and I did read that she left a note. Why she chose to hang herself is anyones guess. I was shocked when I heard it. Her children are young and my thought are with them.

Starting with the Grandfather Joe who ordered his daughter Rosemary to have a lobotomy....

Thank you for that history of Kennedy tragedies. I'm not sure they prove a pattern of animus against women any greater than the general population through the same periods.

Lobotomies were being touted as wonder cures at the time of Rosemary's operation. Tennessee Williams' mother had his sister lobotomized around the same time, and Mrs. Williams was neither male nor rich.

Drunk driving was very common at the time of the accident at Chappaquiddick. I don't say this to excuse Ted, but just to question whether we can extrapolate anything from his conduct in the matter.

Likewise, the Michael Smith (I believe he was found not guilty, but assuming he did something) incident occurred when the concept of "acquaintance rape" was still fairly new in the national consciousness. Again, not a defense: I'm just saying that what he did wasn't unique to the Kennedys.

Many of the accounts of JRK, Jr.'s accident blamed his wife's assertiveness for his recklessness. Fair? I have no idea. Ultimately, Jr. was the pilot, but he did kill himself along with his wife and sister-in-law.

I don't think there's any question that the Kennedys are a large and rich clan, and that some of the members have demonstrated a sense of entitlement (no matter how much the family as a whole has tried to stress public service). But I'm not sure any of the incidents you mention were uncommon at the time (unfortunately) and so I don't know if we can make a case that mistreatment of women is a family tradition.

(BTW I'm from a different corner of the country and have no sentimental attachment to any of the Kennedys. I'm just thinking out loud here.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back