Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Mary Kennedy 52 found dead Estranged from Robert F Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by annmarie62 View Post
    This news is just so incredibly sad. I DON'T suspect any foul play, I just see an overwhelmed, depressed, and lonely woman who obviously didn't receive appropriate help for her issues. SO sad that she left behind FOUR young children; their lives are now forever changed. What I am left wondering is: Did the Kennedy 'machine' choose to abandon her or was there any attempt to get her help? Surely there were warning signs that she wasn't thinking straight, beginning with her DUI arrest right after her husband left her, and probably long before... With all of their power and money, did her husband (ex) and his family even try to help her, or did they disown her/ leave her to her own devices (alone), thus pulling a "Pontius Pilate"> 'washing their hands' of her?? If so, then her blood/death is at least partially on their hands. It is criminal (to me) to know that someone is hopelessly depressed and then just ignore her. Those poor kids....
    It is not the Kennedy Clan's modus operandi to "get help" for their discarded women. Once they are used up and jettisoned, it is their method to chew them up, grind them down, and make sure there is nothing left to fight.
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gwenabob For This Useful Post:

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by gwenabob View Post
    It is not the Kennedy Clan's modus operandi to "get help" for their discarded women. Once they are used up and jettisoned, it is their method to chew them up, grind them down, and make sure there is nothing left to fight.
    Many attempt were made to get her her help; she refused all. She ditched her kids to indulge her wish. Members of the family are quite different also, I knew a few, slightly. RFK, Jr. did as much as anyone could, a different suicide attempt could have taken some of the children she "loved so much" she left them in agony.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darly314 For This Useful Post:

JFK Jr broke Mary's spirit. *JFK*Jr method was to keep tightening the screws until she broke. The
    thing that's so difficult for us to understand .....but JFK Jr understood very well ....was how much Mary loved her abuser.

Mary believed by sobering up she would win him back. Eventually she understood everything was gone JFK Jr,her place in the Kennedy family,her home and financial solvency. Their children were leverage for JFK Jr to get Mary to agree to his terms for a divorce settlement. Broken as she was ...she made the mistake of attempting to negotiate with her abuser and of course she lost.

Any child would move heaven and earth to help and save their ill parent. It was up to JFK Jr to act in
    their best interest and help their mother who he had kicked to the curb. JFK Jr could have*

partitioned the court *for supervised visits or made some token compromise to help Mary's 5 month effort for sobriety. He could have temporarily stoped the legal wrangling and granted her the priceless gift of serenity..If he unselfishly loved his children he would have ceased his relentles court
    orders and declared a truce. Trust me with time and maturity the children will figure out JFK Jr roll
    death of their mother.

The legacy of the Kennedy men is the Svengali*influence they have over women. Mary committed
    suicide because of RFK Jr legal persecution of her over the custody of the children. Someday,the children will understand RFK brutal ruthlessness that contributed to their Mother's death. No,he did not put noose around Mary' neck but he yanked the rug from underneith her.MOO
    Last edited by MizStery; 05-27-2012 at 12:30 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MizStery For This Useful Post:

Post #103 was copied and posted by error from my word processor

Please read.... Post # 103 was my unedited post which I accidentally copied and posted. Post # 104 is the correct edited version. I am sorry for any confusion this causes. Please disregard all the typos in post # 103. I have a herniated disk ..because of my pain I am not firing on all my pistons!

RFK Jr broke Mary's spirit. *RFK Jr,method was to keep tightening the screws until she broke. The thing that's so difficult for us to understand .....but RFK Jr understood very well ....was how much Mary no matter what,loved her abuser.

Mary,believed by staying sober she could convince him to come back to her. I read a few paragraphs in People Magazine that Mary loved RFK Jr and was desperate for at least the last four years to keep RFK Jr from straying. Eventually,she understood everything was gone,RFK Jr,her place
    in the Kennedy family,her home and financial solvency. Their children were leverage for RFK Jr to force Mary's hand to agree to his terms for a divorce settlement. Broken as she was
    ...she made the mistake of attempting to negotiate with her abuser and of course she lost.

Most children would move heaven and earth to help save their ill parent. It was up to RFK Jr to act in
    their best interest and help their mother ....who he had kicked to the curb. RFK Jr could have* partitioned the court to allow her supervised visits or could have brokered a
    token compromise to help support Mary's 5 month effort for sobriety. He could have temporarily
    stopped the legal wrangling and granted her the priceless gift of serenity. If he unselfishly loved his children he would have ceased his relentless court orders and declared a truce. Trust me with time and maturity the children will figure out JFK Jr roll in sabotaging Mary's recovery.

The legacy of the Kennedy men.... is the Svengali*influence they have over women. Mary committed suicide because of RFK Jr legal persecution of her over the custody of the children. Someday,the children will understand RFK Jr brutal ruthlessness that contributed to their Mother's death. No,he
    was not responsible for putting the noose around Mary's neck but he certainy kicked the chair from underneath her. MOO
    Last edited by MizStery; 05-27-2012 at 10:33 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MizStery For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    Perhaps it was a typo, but Catholics are Christians as well. Any faith which follows the teachings of Christ is considered Christian. There are over 38,000 known Christian denominations.

Here's an accurate list of the largest Christian denominations from Wikipedia
    It wasn't a typo but I didn't mean that Catholics aren't Christians. I apologize for that. What I meant was I am Christian (Baptist) but not Catholic.

Does that make sense? Sorry. I really didn't mean to offend. I know Catholics are Christians also.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizzybeth For This Useful Post:

In Memory of the Radiant Life of Mary Richardson Kennedy

http://maryrk.org/?gclid=COaJmNeeprACFeUBQAodACj8WQ

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Crosby87 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky#1 View Post
    In Memory of the Radiant Life of Mary Richardson Kennedy

http://maryrk.org/?gclid=COaJmNeeprACFeUBQAodACj8WQ

Thank-you,for the link. I felt I knew Mary a little better after reading a few of the remembrances. As one person wrote,"Women need to stand with other women instead of being perpetrators ". I hope Mary's children someday wiil read how much she was loved & admired and how many people's lives she touched..MOO

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MizStery For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    It wasn't a typo but I didn't mean that Catholics aren't Christians. I apologize for that. What I meant was I am Christian (Baptist) but not Catholic.

Does that make sense? Sorry. I really didn't mean to offend. I know Catholics are Christians also.
    Thank you, lizzybeth. I knew what you meant and appreciated your response to my question.

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing

In addition to the prayers said immediately after death and at the funeral Mass, it is Catholic practice to have Masses said for the departed on the 3rd, 7th, and 30th days after the death or burial and on the anniversaries of the date of death.

A Month's Mind is a requiem mass celebrated about one month after a person's death, in memory of the deceased.

Traditionally, Catholic funerals are denied to the unbaptized, infidels; heretics; suicides (unless they were of unsound mind or showed signs of repentance); notorious, unrepentant sinners; the excommunicated; the schismatic; those under ecclesiastical censure; those who, without remorse, have openly held the sacraments in contempt; and those who've directed that their bodies be cremated.

The Catholic Church no longer forbids cremation but cremains must receive a proper burial which means a person’s remains must be buried in consecrated ground only.

The option to consider a natural burial and green funeral is a consumer-driven choice. Many baby boomers have lived their lives in an environmentally-friendly manner and would like to continue that idea in their burial practices as well.

In April 2010, Maryrest Cemetery, a Catholic cemetery, dedicated a section to natural burials and green funerals. It's believed to be one of the first Catholic cemeteries in the state to reserve grounds for eco-friendly burials.

The site at Maryrest Cemetery includes native shrubs, grasses and wildflowers.
    In keeping with green burial practices, there will be no concrete vaults or manufactured headstones. The cemetery will accept the deceased wrapped in a shroud or a sustainable, biodegradable casket. If embalming is needed for ceremonial purposes, it must be formulated with a nontoxic, formaldehyde-free solution. Graves will be marked with native stone. Embalming is most often not necessary or legally required.

http://www.americancatholic.org/news...t.aspx?id=2505
    http://www.catholicculture.org/cultu...iew.cfm?id=645
    http://www.fisheaters.com/funerals.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Month%27s_Mind

Portions of a confidential affidavit filed in 2011 in the divorce case were posted online by The Daily Beast as part of a cover story in Newsweek magazine about Mary Kennedy that was written by Kennedy family biographer Laurence Leamer. A spokesman for the site declined to comment on how the affidavit was obtained.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...158363665.html
    Last edited by epiphany; 06-10-2012 at 06:52 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:

The Housekeeper:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...n-kennedy.html

Snipped

She was drinking heavily, and her behavior became so erratic that court authorities would only allow her to see her four children during visits supervised by the family housekeeper.

Snipped

...and the housekeeper had a feeling that something bad was about to happen. Two weeks prior, Mary had asked the housekeeper’s husband to buy a rope, which she said she needed for a sofa she was making.

Snipped

The housekeeper called Bobby and he came over to the house. The three of them searched further, until they entered the barn and found a harrowing sight.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:

Oh my goodness, how terrible. She definately had some serious issues going on. Of course I feel bad for the kids.

In the article the housekeeper says they called Bobby and when he came over that is when they found her> I had read he was in LA at the time.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to The Farm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    The Housekeeper:

Snipped

She was drinking heavily, and her behavior became so erratic that court authorities would only allow her to see her four children during visits supervised by the family housekeeper.

Snipped

...and the housekeeper had a feeling that something
    bad was about to happen.
    Two weeks prior, Mary had asked the housekeeper’s husband to buy a rope, which she said she needed for a sofa she was making.

Snipped

The housekeeper called Bobby and he came over to the house. The three of them searched
    further, until they entered the barn and found a harrowing sight.

Originally Posted by MizStery
    I brought this post over from earlier in the thread,I highlighted the housekeepers
    narrative ...this Housekeeper-and her husband are ghoulish...I am so creeped out. This housekeeper is almost out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie. Where do i begin,it was stated in MSN ...Mary was sober for the last five months. Yet the housekeeper wants to make it clear Mary was drinking like a drunken sailor & erratic. Sounds like the housekeeper didn't get the memo from Mary's best friend Kerry Kennedy that Mary was sober the last five months.

Maybe,Mary really was frightened he was going try to railroad her into being declared mentaly unfit.MOO

<snipped>
    Neighbors in Bedford called Mary Kennedy a lovely woman who was active in community and school affairs, but had recently seemed a “bit off” — either medicated or intoxicated.
    But a friend of Mary’s told The News that Mary feared her husband was trying to “gaslight” her — make her think she was going crazy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1080631
    Last edited by MizStery; 06-11-2012 at 07:09 AM.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MizStery For This Useful Post:

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. in Nasty Family Feud With In-Laws

Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s former inlaws angrily denied allegations today that she was mentally ill and would beat her husband in the years before she hanged herself in an abandoned barn at her upstate New York compound last month.

Kennedy, according to court papers obtained by Newsweek, accused his wife Mary Richardson Kennedy of pummeling his face, resulting in a black eye and a permanently damaged tear duct, killing the family dog, stealing from Kennedy's daughter from a previous marriage, and threatening suicide and blackmail.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rober...ry?id=16542795

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:

Mary may have been mentally ill. She may have had problems with drinking and drugs. Her husband knew this. He may not have killed her but he pushed her into killing herself. Why would someone that no longer wanted his wife would insist she be buried with his family? He no longer wanted her, her family should have been allowed to bury her where they wanted. He just wanted to prove he was in control.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MCDRAW For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MCDRAW View Post
    Mary may have been mentally ill. She may have had problems with drinking and drugs. Her husband knew this. He may not have killed her but he pushed her into killing herself. Why would someone that no longer wanted his wife would insist she be buried with his family? He no longer wanted her, her family should have been allowed to bury her where they wanted. He just wanted to prove he was in control.
    Maybe Robert cleaned up his act and stayed "drug free" after he was arrested for heroin and marijuana possession and he stopped drinking after he married Emily Black, but before Robert married Emily Black on April 3, 1982, he said "I have a tendency to stay out too late and drink too much beer" and after his father's 1968 assassination, Bobby was also arrested for possession of marijuana, fined for loitering after a hassle with a Hyannis cop, and pinched for speeding.

In 1983, Kennedy was arrested in a Rapid City, South Dakota, airport for heroin possession. A search of his carry-on bag uncovered 183 milligrams of the drug. Upon entering a plea of guilty, Kennedy, then 29 years old and a first-time offender, was sentenced to two years probation, periodic tests for drug use, treatment by joining Narcotics Anonymous, and 1,500 hours of community service by Presiding Judge Marshall P. Young.[10] After the court was satisfied with Kennedy's compliance with the sentence, it ordered that Kennedy's record regarding the offense was to be sealed and expunged.

In April 2001, Kennedy was arrested for trespassing at Camp Garcia, the United States Navy training facility on the island of Vieques, Puerto Rico. Kennedy and others were protesting the use of two-thirds of the island for training. The trespassing incident forced the suspension of live-fire exercises for almost three hours. Despite the best efforts of his counsel, former Governor of New York Mario Cuomo, on July 18, 2001, Kennedy was sentenced to 30 days in jail by Judge Hector Laffitte.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Kennedy,_Jr.
    http://www.people.com/people/archive...081904,00.html

Bobby and Mary’s two oldest children, Conor and Kyra, spent the entire day in court two days after their mother’s death to tell a judge that they wanted their mother’s remains buried near the Kennedy compound in Hyannis Port, where they would have an easier time visiting her. And so the judge ruled.

Here is an article which announced Emily Black's Engagement to Robert Francis Kennedy III.

Back Home Again in Indiana, Emily Black Picks Up a Freighted Name: Mrs. Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

snipped

'Camelot’ came to Indiana on April 3 for a Kennedy-style wedding complete with 25 best men and ushers (nine of them Kennedy brothers or cousins); 10 maids of honor and bridesmaids (four of them Bobby's sisters); his mother, Ethel; his uncle, Ted, and the usual gaggle of photographers and reporters.

http://www.people.com/people/archive...081904,00.html

The article does not include a photo of Emily Black and I haven't been able to find one of her. Emily and Robert met in law school. She and bobby purchased the Estate after they were married.

AFAIK, both of Emily and Robert's children attended Mary's funeral and one if not two, were pallbearers, but these children were not in the photo taken at Mary's gravesite.
    Last edited by Crosby87; 06-13-2012 at 03:12 AM.

IN LOVING REMEMBRANCE OF MARY RICHARDSON KENNEDY

"WE wanted to share this video interview Mary gave Bob Vila in 2008 in which Mary highlights the green renovation of the RFK Jr. family home.”

http://rfkin2008.wordpress.com/2012/...terview-video/

RIP Mary

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crosby87 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MizStery View Post
    Mary Kennedy,had been sober for the last five months. RFK Jr knew ,by
    hammering her with legal notices he was exacerbating her anxiety and snatching away her last
    hope,custody of their four children. Rather, than put a floor underneath and supporting her recovery ...up to the end...he was serving her with legal notices. *There is a famous quote by Roman philosopher Ciero ,which I will paraphrase ,"To the
    sick,while there is life there is hope If RFK Jr would have simply backed off the custody issue.....just left Mary a tiny bit of hope.(time to heal)...I believe she would be alive. MOO
    Respectfully, may I ask what are you basing this opinion on? "Mary Kennedy had been sober for the last five months." sounds more like a statement of fact than opinion. Are you quoting from another source? Thanks.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Velouria For This Useful Post:

According to my timeline, Mary Kennedy went into Rehab in February 2010; 3 months before Robert filed for divorce but take this with a grain of salt.

Mary was charged with DWI on May 15 2010 and on May 27, 2010, she pleaded not guilty to DWI charges in Bedford town court. The following link contains a photo of Mary leaving the court house with an unidentified female. Mary looks petrified imo. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/r...ojnCiFCqTlAOQO

Why enter a plea of not guilty when the police have evidence which proves she was over the legal alcohol limit?

That day in Court Mary was ordered to undergo an evaluation to determine whether she needed to enter alcohol treatment and she was due back in mid July.

"Robert Kennedy, then 29 years old and also a first-time offender, upon entering a plea of guilty for heroine possession, was sentenced to two years probation, periodic tests for drug use, treatment by joining Narcotics Anonymous, and 1,500 hours of community service by Presiding Judge Marshall P. Young. After the court was satisfied with Kennedy's compliance with the sentence, it ordered that Kennedy's record regarding the offense was to be sealed and expunged." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Kennedy,_Jr.

If Mary had also entered a plea of Guilty perhaps after the court was satisfied with her compliance with the sentence, her record regarding the offense would also like her husband's record be sealed and expunged.

Instead Mary Kennedy was sentenced to 90 days of psychiatric care after her DUI plea and there is nothing saying she underwent the Court-ordered evaluation and required treatment for alcohol tmk.

Kerry Kennedy said Mary had been sober for 5 months but was still suffering from Depression before her death and Mary’s housekeeper said Mary was drinking heavily.

If Mary wasn’t mentally fit and abusing alcohol and therefore unable to deal with the upcoming divorce proceedings, her treating psychiatrist should have informed the Judge.

The Court system should have intervened and referred the Kennedy’s to a family therapist after the domestic abuse incidents at the Bedford Estate began to pile up.

After the second or third call to LE for help presumably made by Mary, the Court needed to intervene.

Court-ordered Family counseling sessions would have benefited the couple the most imo because Robert would have to attend. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Velouria View Post
    Respectfully, may I ask what are you basing this opinion on? "Mary Kennedy had been sober for the last five months." sounds more like a statement of fact than opinion. Are you quoting from another source? Thanks.
    I was wondering the same thing especially since she was arrested twice in recent months and was not sober.

I have not posted on this thread but I have been reading on this story from the start.

I feel very sorry for her, now her children....
    It could not have been easy to love a man so much, also stand by him during his recovery, and watch him walk off with another woman.
    It also could not have been easy for him to have her drinking after his recover.

But It is not all about drinking/drugging.... ALWAYS under the drugs there are underlined issues.

Sad story, sad ending...
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky#1 View Post
    The Court system should have intervened and referred the Kennedy’s to a family therapist after the domestic abuse incidents at the Bedford Estate began to pile up.

After the second or third call to LE for help presumably made by Mary, the Court needed to intervene.

Court-ordered Family counseling sessions would have benefited the couple the most imo because Robert would have to attend. jmo
    BBM
    While that sounds, in a perfect world, like the best remedies, it is not the reality. Did Mary use the court system to obtain remedy? If LE goes to the house and it is determined there has been an assault or a battery then the one who has committed the violent act is arrested. If, as per The Minneapolis Expirement, one of the people involved is removed from the home, it is a cooling off period. I have seen women who have claimed they were battered/assaulted but then, do not show up in court to pursue the matter and it is dropped. If there is no victim to state the complaint in court the case is dropped. It is one thing to excoriate someone because of the last name, it is another to work within the framework of the jurisdiction. To not do so would culminate in a suit against the jurisdiction.

As per New York State's Family Protection and Domestic Violence Intervention Act of 1994:

When the police arrive, tell them:

•what happened, in your own words;
    •where the abuser is, if you know;
    •if weapons were involved and if so, where they are;
    •if you have children and where they are;
    •if you have any injuries; and
    •if any pets were harmed.

Under What Conditions Will the Police Make an Arrest?

•A felony has been committed by one "member of the same family or household" against another.
    •There has been a violation of a stay-away provision of an order of protection.
    •A "family offense" has been committed in violation of an order of protection. (There are certain crimes that are called family offenses if the people involved are considered "members of the same family or household.")
    •A misdemeanor family offense has been committed. (The police do not have to make an arrest in this situation if you say that you do not want an arrest made, but they are not supposed to ask you if you want an arrest made. Be aware that they can go against your wishes and make the arrest anyway in this situation.)

http://www.opdv.state.ny.us/help/fss/policecourts.html

Even with state laws modeled after The Minneapolis Experiment [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneap...ce_Experiment] if the 'victim' doesn't pursue it, the courts don't intervene.

New York State’s Domestic Violence Prevention Act creates a comprehensive network of services for victims of domestic violence. The Act requires social services districts to offer emergency shelter and other services, including advocacy, counseling and referrals. The Act requires shelters that receive funding under its provisions must to maintain a confidential address and also mandates that other government agencies keep such addresses confidential.

New York State’s law on warrantless arrest permits localities to establish mandatory arrest regulations or policies. The state’s law on criminal procedures for family offenses directs officers investigating “a family offense” under that provision to “advise the victim of the availability of a shelter or other services in the community” and to “immediately give the victim written notice of the legal rights and remedies available to a victim of a family offense.” This law provides an example of the kind of information an officer might give to a victim, and mandates that the notice be prepared in multiple languages if necessary.

New York State also passed a law creating an Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence. The Office is charged with advising the governor and legislature “on the most effective ways for state government to respond to the problem of domestic violence” and to “develop and implement policies and programs designed to assist victims of domestic violence and their families, and to provide education and prevention, training and technical assistance.”

http://www1.umn.edu/humanrts/svaw/do...samplelaws.htm

Bill language of law:

This note proposes that New York implement a mandatory arrest policy for certain types of
    domestic violence.

New York State, however, lacks a specific statutory provision to
    guide law enforcement officials' response to domestic violence.'

The victimized household member
    has the choice of forum," and arrest is not a prerequisite to proceeding in either court.5 9 Once the victim selects a forum, however,
    she is barred from proceeding in the alternate forum by either a
    finding on the merits of the petition or complaint, or a lapse of
    seventy-two hours following filing of the petition or criminal instrument.

In 1982, the Minneapolis Police Department,
    in cooperation with the Police Foundation, conducted a "classic"
    experiment. 103 The experiment was designed to test which police
    response-advice, separation or arrest'4-most effectively deterred
    abusers from repeating violence. 105 The experiment was conducted
    over a one year period '06 in two Minneapolis precincts with the
    highest density of reported domestic violence. 107 Based on followup
    data supplied by the police and victims, 108 the researchers concluded
    that of the three possible responses, arrest was the most
    effective in preventing future acts of domestic violence.'

In practice, police generally use one of three approaches when
    responding to domestic violence calls. They may: mediate; recommend that the victim exercise her civil remedies; or, as a last
    resort, arrest the batterer.'

Moreover, the policy of discretionary arrest in
    New York, where "[a] major systemic problem has been inadequate
    police responses to domestic violence calls,"' leads, more often
    than not, to no arrest.

Domestic violence legislation generally fits into one of three categories:
    provisions for non-legal remedies, such as shelters; improved
    court procedures; and expanded authority for police.

http://ir.lawnet.fordham.edu/cgi/vie...ork%20state%22

http://www.nyscadv.org/

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacie Estes For This Useful Post:

Link to Kerry Kennedy quote based on a story in the NewYork Times

Quote Originally Posted by Velouria View Post

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1vEukva8d

Sister-in-law Kerry Kennedy said Mary - a lifelong friend -* had been sober for five months, but was still battling depression.*
    'She fought with every ounce of her mission to overcome that horrible disease,' she told The New York Times.*'It was not something that she asked for, it was something that she was dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    I was wondering the same thing especially since she was arrested twice in recent months and was not sober.

I have not posted on this thread but I have been reading on this story from the start.

I feel very sorry for her, now her children....
    It could not have been easy to love a man so much, also stand by him during his recovery, and watch him walk off with another woman.
    It also could not have been easy for him to have her drinking after his recover.

But It is not all about drinking/drugging.... ALWAYS under the drugs there are underlined issues.

Sad story, sad ending...

Emily’s father died when she was 2 years old, Robert’s was 14 when his father was assassinated, and Mary Richardson was 14 when her father a college professor died.

This media report says after Mary Kennedy’s first DWI charge was reduced to a violation, her license was suspended for 90 days, and she was ordered to undergo alcohol treatment; while another media report said Mary Kennedy was sentenced to 90 days of psychiatric care so it is difficult to know exactly what transpired.

Mary’s second DUI charge was dismissed after she explained to the Judge that she didn’t know the prescription drugs she was taking would impair her ability to drive so she was apparently receiving some medical care. Perhaps her family doctor prescribed them. If the police officer smelled liquor the second time she was stopped, I think he would have given her a breathalyzer test so it is questionable whether she continued to drink alcohol and drive after thie first incident.

It is difficult for me to accept that Mary had a serious drinking problem because she accomplished so much during her lifetime. When she was exhausted, she cancelled appointments so she could take care of herself and for that she was criticized.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/18/ny...agewanted=alle

<snipped>
    In 2010, Ms. Kennedy was arrested twice, once on a charge of driving while intoxicated, and later on a charge of driving under the influence of prescription medication. The first charge was reduced to a violation. Ms. Kennedy was ordered to undergo alcohol treatment, and her license was suspended for 90 days. The prescription drug charges were dismissed.

The article further states that “Mr. Kennedy was concerned about his wife’s mental state after she was arrested for drunken-driving so he drove her to a hospital to see a psychologist in 2007” but Mary wasn’t arrested until 2010 so this doesn’t make much sense.

<snipped>

The Journal News, a Westchester newspaper, reported after the drunken-drinking arrest that Mr. Kennedy, concerned about his wife’s mental state, had tried to drive her to Northern Westchester Hospital to see a psychologist in 2007, but that she resisted and ran from the car into the road.

It further states that in 2010, Mr. Kennedy filed for divorce, and he said that he and his wife had been living separately for almost four years.

Kerry Kennedy said Mary, who participated in Alcoholics Anonymous, had been sober for five months. But that was not her only battle. Mary Kennedy also suffered from depression, people close to her said, and had talked of suicide in the past. Did Mary have an AA sponsor?

Mary Kennedy despite her problems, continued to do extraordinary work for causes like the environmental group Riverkeeper, of which Robert is vice chairman, and the Food Allergy Initiative (their oldest child, Conor, has severe allergies).

Peter T. Michaelis, who knew her and others in the family in high school, overlapped with her for a year at Brown and was a neighbor and friend, took photographs documenting the green redesign of her home in Bedford.
    He said he saw her a week ago, at a party for a friend’s 50th birthday, and photographed her, smiling. “This whole thing comes as a total shock to me and to anyone who knows her,” he said.

After college, Mary worked for Warhol and as a white-water rafting guide for an outdoors company owned by another Kennedy sibling, Michael Kennedy, who died in a 1997 skiing accident; she also worked as an architectural designer.

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crosby87 For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast