1185 users online (225 members and 960 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

AZ - Grand Canyon, 'Little Miss X' UP9859, possibly Mary Begay, Oct'58

Need help to find burial records of any unidentified persons interned in Coconino County cemeteries. Of importance are the records for "Little Miss X".

Is anyone available who can help search?

The remains of Little Miss X were found in the late 1950's and thought to be the missing daughter of Peter and Helen Smith of WY who went missing from a summer camp in Connecticut.

In 1960's the Remains were hand carried to a dentist in South Dakota and on to Denver for forensic study before being returned to Coconino County. The results, inconclusive.

Question is where is she now? We have people willing to exhume the remains for DNA testing and a death certificate but with no information as the plot number. Records found are sketchy.

Please contact me either on this forum or private message. There are families still waiting.

Thanks for any help provided.
    Last edited by talelights; 07-05-2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Added information
    "The answers are out there... but who has 'em?"

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

Connie Smith missing - newspaper article & photo July 1952

Connie Smith is well known as a possible match for "Little Miss X"

Last edited by Marie; 07-05-2011 at 02:50 PM.

We're not positive it is Connie Smith hence the need to find the plot were Little Miss X is located. The remains could also be Donnis "Pinky" Redman who went missing and her boyfriends car was found near Williams, AZ

That's the million dollar question for sure and I hope the answer is found. I don't believe that Connie is Miss X and I don't believe that Miss X was ever buried (sadly).

Try to bump this in a few days when everyone takes a break from the Anthony case and will maybe read about a few other cases.

Bumping for Little Miss X...
    "...and know that I will see you again with the rising of the sun..."
    --Aubree Weller (aka my not-so-little-anymore girl)

If you are or know someone who has ever been parted from a loved one, please take a moment to listen to this song by my daughter; you may find some comfort in its message of reunion. I know I do...
    Much Love and Hope Always,
    --Kiki

Is she believed to have been buried and the records of the location lost? Or is it believed the remains have been lost?

With little knowledge of this case the first thing that comes to mind is seeking out those who post cemetery records on the findagrave website, but if people have been sleuthing the location of these remains for sometime perhaps that avenue has already been explored?
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Is she believed to have been buried and the records of the location lost? Or is it believed the remains have been lost?

With little knowledge of this case the first thing that comes to mind is seeking out those who post cemetery records on the findagrave website, but if people have been sleuthing the location of these remains for sometime perhaps that avenue has already been explored?
    Cubby,

Someone did post a phone number for the "Citizens' Cemetery" in the same county, specifically with reference to 'Little Miss X' on the findagrave site in the discussion section, but I'm fairly new and not sure if I can post the link here. That said, it didn't take too much creative Googling to find it...
    "...and know that I will see you again with the rising of the sun..."
    --Aubree Weller (aka my not-so-little-anymore girl)

If you are or know someone who has ever been parted from a loved one, please take a moment to listen to this song by my daughter; you may find some comfort in its message of reunion. I know I do...
    Much Love and Hope Always,
    --Kiki

There are some old threads around here somewhere.Under Connie Smith and Little Miss X a few years ago.I thought little Miss X could be Donnis Redman.
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

As I recall, the skull was sent to a medical examiner for matching to Connie Smith. The skull was shelved or stored and then lost. The remains were never properly interred.

Unknown at this time where any remains are. New evidence found included materials that has not produced DNA, yet. And yes this is tied to both Connie Smith And Donnis Redman cases hence the need to find the remains for testing. Family DNA is already on file. Family has been waiting more than 50 years for answers. Is she Connie Smith or is she Doonis Redman maybe neither. But they will not know until we find the remains.

Perhaps someone in Flagstaff has Cementery records or information someplace, on a desk or thrown in an old drawer or box maybe first hand knowledge. But so far the hunt is turning up little. A LE Cold Case investigator is actively involved on both LMX and Redman.

Bump - such a long time to go without a name!

It's inconceivable to me how they could have lost the remains, but then didn't The trunk murder case happen in Arizona?

Lost or misplaced? We don't know. The cemetery has a location where unknown are interned but the records there have been miss placed. At least that is what we think, not the remains themselves.

In saying that, one thing that came up is that these remains, not a full skeleton, could be held someplace in a box awaiting the next step that never came. LE have been making great progress in Flagstaff to use retired LE to research and investigate these cold cases. there are still a lot of question out there, and hopefully answers to some of the questions. But there is still work to be done.

Finding burial records are vital.

Have a look here CT CT - Connie Smith, 10, Salisbury, 16 July 1952 - Page 9 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

''Sheriff Guilliland's cold case
    group has sent hair and a piece of the skull off for DNA sampling for
    comparison with a Native American family who said that a member of
    their family went missing in 1958. The member was of the right age.
    It will probably take a while for the comparison due to the low priority''
    Last edited by KateB; 04-05-2015 at 11:19 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast