Match! Main, George W. born 5/10/1949 Found 4/26/2009 #190

Here is what I have found so far.

I found an obituary for George Walter Main:
George W. Main

George Walter Main, 59, of Mt. Pleasant, S.C., passed away Sunday, April 26, 2009.

George was born May 10, 1949 in Akron, Ohio, son of the late Charles Edwin Main and Marie Louise Heinsohn Main. He was a member and sexton of St. Andrew's Episcopal Church.

He is survived by his friend, Yilmaz Kelosman of Mt. Pleasant, S.C.

The relatives and friends of George Main attended his Memorial Service on Thursday, April 30, 2009 in St. Andrew's Episcopal Church (Historic Church) at 11 a.m. Arrangements by J. HENRY STUHR, MOUNT PLEASANT CHAPEL. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, 440 Whilden Street, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464. A memorial message may be written to the family by visiting our website at www.jhenrystuhr.com.

Published in Akron Beacon Journal on May 1, 2009
The surviving friend is listed online as a fellow sexton at St. Andrew's Church and the guest book comments seem to be church-related.

Mr. Main's parents married in Girard, Pennsylvania on July 12, 1931. His paternal grandparents are listed as John Henry Main and Florence D. Swan Main. His maternal grandparents are listed as Edwin I. Heinsohn and Margrete Smith Heinsohn.

It looks like Mr. Main has at least two siblings who predeceased him:
Charles Edwin Main (Jr.?) (09/20/1939 - 06/05/1994) who passed in Cleveland, Ohio. The mother's surname is incorrectly listed as "Hiehnson". Death record here.

John Heinsohn Main (11/20/1945 - 05/30/1985) who passed in Perrysburg, Ohio and was buried in Toledo, Ohio. He was a divorced self-employed carpenter living in Summit, Ohio. Death records here and here.
Mr. Main's mother had at least two siblings per the 1920 census in Cuyahoga, Ohio: Edwin S. Heinsohn and Helen Heinsohn. Census records here: 1910 (note: mother's name listed as Margaret S. - different spelling than marriage record), 1920 (mother no longer listed). I believe these are Mr. Main's mother's death records: here and here.

Mr. Main's father had at least one sibling per the 1910 and 1920 census in Wayne, Michigan (she disappears from the 1930 census in Cleveland Heights, Ohio - perhaps marriage): Evelyn H. Main. Census records here: 1910, 1920, 1930. I believe these are Mr. Main's father's death records: here and here.

Both of his parents passed away months apart in 1974 in Summit, Ohio.

It would be interesting to see if Mr. Main's siblings had children - one is listed as divorced and I haven't yet found the marital status of the other - or other siblings not listed below. I have it on my list of things to research, but if anyone else is able to find information, would love to know!

In terms of potential cousins, I found a RootsWeb family tree that shows there should be at least two living maternal first cousins for Mr. Main.

His mother, Marie, had a brother, ESH, who married KJ. This uncle passed away November 11, 1953 in Cuyahoga County, OH while KJ passed away October 27, 1996.

Two "Living Heinsohn"s are listed as children of this marriage, both female, who would be Mr. Main's maternal first cousins.. One is listed as married to RBM.

KJ and an RTM (same first and last names, different middle) are listed in this Cuyahoga Court of Appeals ruling from 2003 so I think this is a strong lead.

I think I found a telephone number and address for the cousin married to RBM - an "A Heinsohn M" who is listed as 81 and living in Chagrin Falls, OH.

Based on this obituary, I think the family tree might be incorrect and the other maternal cousin is male - a MJ Heinsohn of Denver, CO, 82 years old. I found a potential telephone number and address for this person as well.

PM'ing the information to raine and NM!

More maternal first cousins.

Mr. Main's mother had a sister Helena (listed on early census records as "Helen") who, per the RootsWeb family tree, married Augustine W. Eddy in Providence County, Rhode Island.

I found this obituary for a son of Helena and Augustine, which would be another one of Mr. Main's first cousin. It lists an additional four sisters and one brother. I found possible telephone numbers and addresses for two so far.

PM'ing to raine and NM.

I think one of those will certainly lead to a relative of Mr. Main

I also found an address/phone number for a Charles Main born in 1957 who is Associated with a Charles Edwin Main.

Raine: Let me know if you need it! NM

Great job everyone!!!​

fireworks.gif

www.photobucket.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members