Death Date: Apr 13, 2011
Social Security Number Issued in: IllinoisMap
Record Type: Birth Record
Collection: Social Security Death Index
Certificate: Hard Copy Certificate
Source Information
Source: Social Security Administration
Years: 1937 to 2011
Description: The Social Security Death Index was provided by the Social Security Administration (SSA). It contains data from 1937 to 2011. Entries include: name, date of birth, date of death, state or country of residence, and zip code of last residence.
Address: 6401 Security Blvd., Baltimore, MD 21235 On the Web

He is buried at
Cemetery Name:Adams CemeteryLocation:Will, IL
By the records I located so far.

Found a death notice that said he was at the Frankfort Terrace Nursing home in Frankfort, it also said private services where held no mention of family.
I will try and contact the nursing home on Monday

Seems like Mr. Lukas lived in Illinois and/or the Chicago area most of his life. He is listed as 11 years old in the 1930 Census. Had a younger sister, name starts with a J, who was 2 at the time and an older brother "S", who was 13. His parents were from Poland. Maybe try to track down relatives from either brother or sister. I'm sorry that I don't have more time to work on this. I also don't have an ancestry.com account to dig into.

If you can send me the enumeration district from the 1930 census I can try to look them up in the 1940 census (hoping they didn't move) and see if there is more info in that record.

Let me know via PM

John Lukas record of birth.

Name: John Lukas
Birth Date: 27 Sep 1919
Birth Place: Chicago, Cook, Illinois
Father Name: John Lukas
Father's Birth Place: Galicca, Austria
Father's Age: 32
Mother Name: Katherine Stopa
Mother's Birth Place: Galicca, Austria
Mother's Age: 32
FHL Film Number: 1308905

I am really bad with geography.....if someone was born in Austria, could they also interchange it with Poland?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSYSIV
Back