738 users online (82 members and 656 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by nemo'smom View Post
    I think sending the person in charge of the an email or message making inquires would be a good thing to do. At least eliminate it as a possibility. Warn them the photo is a bit gruesome.
    I sent a response in to the online posting about a week ago and warned them if they look into it there is a photo that could be upsetting. I requested that they notify me either way but have not heard anything back yet.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Looked up the 278 W. Water ave address and got about 4 Gallagher's living at that address ranging from 23-70.
    The body of an unknown man washed up on Punaluu Beach in 1982. He was wearing an orange Bayley Exposure Suit, purchased from Tacoma, WA.
    His identity today is a mystery, Do you know who Barnacle Bill is?

Quote Originally Posted by MOTORUNNER View Post
    Looked up the 278 W. Water ave address and got about 4 Gallagher's living at that address ranging from 23-70.
    In my searches it appeared to me that there is a still-living Brian Gallagher sharing the same birth date, in the Denver area.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskers16 View Post
    In my searches it appeared to me that there is a still-living Brian Gallagher sharing the same birth date, in the Denver area.
    I Saw that, too. I'm not sure what you're using, but sometimes Accurint isn't very up to date on it's deaths... I looked up a deceased relative of mine and they still had them on file as being alive and living at their home. So who knows...
    The body of an unknown man washed up on Punaluu Beach in 1982. He was wearing an orange Bayley Exposure Suit, purchased from Tacoma, WA.
    His identity today is a mystery, Do you know who Barnacle Bill is?

Quote Originally Posted by MOTORUNNER View Post
    I Saw that, too. I'm not sure what you're using, but sometimes Accurint isn't very up to date on it's deaths... I looked up a deceased relative of mine and they still had them on file as being alive and living at their home. So who knows...
    I'm very very new to this so I'm just googling everything I can think of :/

That's how you do it! Genealogy sites are also quite useful if you have any access to those. If someone had access to the back issues of the newspaper in the area, there may be some useful information in so far as where and how he was found. or if the police reports are public record at that time. Or not. Sometimes it just takes trying over a period of time. Eventually something is posted somewhere on a site somewhere that gives you a clue. Thing is, you never know until you look!

Stolen identity? Looks much younger than a birthdate of 1952. This gentleman is about ten years younger. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by thesensitivechild View Post
    Stolen identity? Looks much younger than a birthdate of 1952. This gentleman is about ten years younger. JMO
    I wondered about identity theft as well. I think the man could be that old but it does seem odd to me his hair was reported as blonde vs grey. I also find it very odd they have a specific birth date but no middle name or initial. My presumption for how they have the birth date is from a license or something but then I would expect them to have info like middle name.

I have located a Brian T. Gallagher that another posted listed as living at 22 Eldrige Rd, Jamaica Plains, MA, while nothing comes up associated with this gentleman he lived at this address from 1/1/98 to 10/1/2007. I also find a listing for B.T. Gallagher in Quincy, MA from 1/1/98 to 4/1/98.

I also find a Brian T. Gallagher associated with a company called Alliance Machinery at 24 Saint Martin Dr. #2 in Marlboro, MA. He is listed as Office manager/Op. Manager. Marlboro is around 44 minutes from Jamaica Plains. Company registered 1996. https://bizstanding.com/directory/MA/AL/739/

I also found an obit for a Mrs. Diane M. Gallagher of Lowell, MA who died 27 Feb. 2005 in Worcester. She has three children: Brian T. Gallagher, Russel F. Jr., and Cheryl A. Meli. Obit located at: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QKRN-B2X1. There are quite a few names associated with Mrs. Gallagher if someone wants to take that angle further.
    Last edited by kateintx; 05-15-2017 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2