1550 users online (324 members and 1226 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NY - Marlene Santana, 3 days, Brooklyn, 21 October 1985

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: October 21, 1985 from New York City, New York
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction
    Date Of Birth: October 18, 1985
    Height and Weight: 1'8, 7 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, brown eyes. Santana has a foot deformity called a metatarsus adduction; her feet will appear C-shaped if viewed from the bottom.
    Clothing Description: Wrapped in a swaddling blanket.
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...a_marlene.html

Etan Patz is Not Alone: 15 Missing Child Cases in NYC Remain Unsolved

[snip]

Marlene Santana was just three days old when her mother was held up at gunpoint outside Brookdale Hospital in Brooklyn on Oct. 21, 1985. The woman with the gun snatched the child from her mother’s arms and sped off in a car. The Santana family hasn't seen their baby girl since.

Read more: http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2012...#ixzz1v6tM8Qc7

Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 05-17-2012 at 03:48 AM.

Has anyone seen anything by her family? I spent some time googling but am not seeing anything.

The Charley Project page mentions the mother was held at gunpoint for six blocks, how the hell didn't more people notice that, or maybe they did but didn't want to get involved.

The page also notes there was another newborn taken from a hospital around the same time but the cases aren't thought to be related (this other baby was later recovered and the culprit arrested). Does anyone know which case that was?

I've tried to Google for similar cases but I haven't found anything, maybe because newspaper archives usually come up in a separate search, I was just trying to see if there were any pages for missing babies from around this time with a similar MO but I guess the police would have made that connection if there were.

I wonder if the person who kidnapped Marlene was part of a ring, perhaps they changed MO each time and went to different places all over. It seems like the person had already been keeping an eye on Marlene and her mother, and enough to meet them as they were being discharged after Marlene was kept in the hospital until later.

Either way, IMO there's a big chance Marlene is still alive and well and was adopted by someone. I wonder if she even knows she was adopted, she could have been told all her life she's the biological child of her adopter. I wonder if her mum has given in any DNA into the system, if Marlene is alive and finds out she's adopted she may want to try to look for her biological family and this could make it easier (not sure on how these procedures work in the US).

This is so sad, I hope her mother gets some closure eventually.

Everything in my posts is just my opinion unless it's a quote. ||| please don't quote my posts outside of this site without my permission.
    I'm no longer very active on WS due to lack of time, if you'd like to keep in touch feel free to PM me though.