aussiegran

Reaction score
Sharaun Cole
Missing since February 25, 1983 from New York City, New York
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: October 8, 1970
Age at Time of Disappearance: 12 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7; 150 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Black hair; brown eyes.
<LI>Other: DNA available. Cole may use "October 8, 1969" as an alternate date of birth.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Cole was last seen outside her family's New York City home on February 25, 1983.

<LI>http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/86dfny.html

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/ser...earchLang=en_US

SHARAUN COLE Age Progression
Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Oct 8, 1970 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Feb 25, 1983 Race: Black
Age Now: 37 Height: 5'6" (168 cm)
Missing City: NEW YORK Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)
Missing State : NY Hair Color: Brown
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Brown

Case Number: NCMC857497
Circumstances: Sharaun's photo is show aged to 34 years. She was last seen outside of her home and has not been seen or heard from since. Sharaun may also use the date of birth October 8, 1969.

Etan Patz is Not Alone: 15 Missing Child Cases in NYC Remain Unsolved

Read more: http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2012...#ixzz1v6um25nH

image640x480.jpg

@ 5:35
Published on May 26, 2017
The Missing & Unidentified | FORGOTTEN FILES #1
&#9658;Sharaun Taree Cole
Investigating Agency: New York City Police Dept.
Phone number: 212-694-7781
[video=youtube;OekfCH3tlVY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OekfCH3tlVY&list=PLGTux4tR1gGduv9x5JesHyWInbSH3gfFC&index=1[/video]

This is so sad.I pray they find out what happened to her soon.

Any more need on her. So little info available. She could've been the jane doe from st Louis but I guess it's checked.

I was looking for matches for the St. Louis jane doe and she seems to match very well...says she is likely from the northeast, correct age, correct height, and time frame. Has anyone seen a list of the 4 who have been ruled out? A quick search didn't pull one up but i will continue to look.

I came across this today and looked at these remains which were found cut up and burned inside a boiler in the basement in 1989 when the boiler was being changed.. I am trying to find more or the details but I have not..

What struck me was the address which is 143 W 142nd st in Harlem off of Lenox Ave which is Now named Malcolm X.. Well Edgecomb Ave which Sharaun went missing from is literally 2 1/2 blocks away..
Edgecomb runs up so depends where on Edgecomb Sharaun went missing from. But still I find it to be really interesting that it is so close. (below is the google map)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...6c46f86ccafe32!8m2!3d40.8193836!4d-73.9391404

The report on the bones does not state any time frame on how long the person was deceased for but states female and pre 20.. but then it later says 18 to 25. Also states bones looked dismembered by something.
I know that Sharaun was 12 years old but she was 5'6 which is tall for a 12 year old that could be mistaken in bones as older? Its just a thought.. because its just so close to the area she went missing.

https://lostandfound.revealnews.org...&end_date=12/31/2017&unidentifiedperson=15099

Date found
July 24, 1989
Sex
Female
Race
Unsure
Ethnicity
Unsure
Circumstances
Skeletal remains were found by demolition crew inside a boiler that was being removed from its foundation. Remains are highly fragmentary and show signs of dismemberment. Anthropological analysis suggests the remains are likely to be female. Ancestry could not be determined.
Location Found

Address 1
143 West 142nd Street
Address 2
Btwn Lenox and 7th Avenue
City
New York
County
New York
State
New York

Body condition
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Post-mortem interval
Not specified
Estimated age
Adult - Pre 20
Weight
null lbs
Height
null inches

http://www.411gina.org/cases/ColeSharaunTareeMissingFlyer.pdf

Age Missing: 12
D.O.B.: Oct 8, 1970
Height: 5&#8217;6&#8221; &#8211; 5&#8217;7&#8221; Weight: 115 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Race: African-American

Clothing/Jewelry: A beige jacket, blue jeans and blue and white sneakers

Other: She may use the birthdate of October 8, 1969
Circumstances: Unknown. Sharaun's photo is age-progressed to 46 years.

She was last seen outside of her family's home on Edgecomb Avenue in Manhattan. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case, which remains unsolved.

Good to see more photos of her!

There is a big park around the neighbourhood Sugar Hill/Upper manhattan. I suppose if she's from Edgecombe Avenue, she went missing there.

Google Maps

I just wish there could be more info. From what i understood from reading a thread from reddit she came from a good family without any problems, so most likely she was abducted by a stranger possibly neighbour in the parc. Sadly there is little to speculate because of the mininal info available. Why can't the police go out with more info here? is the preliminary investigation available to get hold on somehow?Would defenitely help.

Sharaun Cole

Just came across this post about her, there were links to some newspapers articles about her from 1983 apart from that her case didn't get alot of publicity. There were also alleged sightsings of her in July 83, 5 months after she dissapeared when she appared "very dirty".

Sharaun Taree Cole – The Charley Project
Sharaun Taree Cole

• sharaun_taree_cole_1.jpg
  • cole_sharaun2.jpg
  • cole_sharaun3.jpg
  • cole_sharaun4.jpg
  • sharaun_taree_cole_2.jpg
Sharaun, circa 1983; Age-progression to age 46 (circa 2016)
  • Missing Since 02/25/1983
  • Missing From Manhattan, New York
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Date of Birth 10/08/1970 (48)
  • Age 12 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6 - 5'7, 115 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A beige wool jacket, a gold sweater, blue jeans and blue and white sneakers.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Sharaun may use the alternate birthdate of October 8, 1969. Her ears are pierced.
Sharaun was last seen outside of her family's residence on Edgecomb Avenue in the New York City borough of Manhattan at 5:30 p.m. on February 25, 1983. She went out to play at a nearby park, never returned home and has never been heard from again.

Sharaun's mother stated she wasn't having any problems at home at the time of her disappearance. Few details are available in her case."

Lets bump for Sharaun its gone almost 40 years. I think she went misisng from here, not the previous one I posted.

Sharaun lived in the corner building at 165th and Edgecomb in the Washington Heights neighbourhood and had attended P.S. 128 Elementary School. She went to the park close to her close around 5:30 p.m. on February 25, 1983. Her mother did not report her missing until the day after. She thought she may have stayed with her godmother.

The location she went missing from is very close to a body of water, could she have fell into the water? maybe but she probably would have been found soon or later.

Could she have run off? her mother stated they didn't have problems at home, but other report say they did. She was 12 and probably hit puberty. The first photo on her from namus and charleyproject she looks like a small child but on the more recent photos she looks much older with adult teeth, she was also as tall as 5'6 or 5'7. I wonder if she went out to meet an older boy? Some report say she was seen twice about 5 months later with the same clothes as she had when she went missing looking very rough and dirty. If that is true, could she have been trafficked? maybe on drugs?. Afterall NY was rough back then and it was in the middle of the crack epidemic.

Would like to know more about this case, her friends and routines at the time and her home situation. With so little info we can only speculate. But if the sightsing of her were correct I wouldn't be surprised if my speculations were on point.

I have the impression that the sighting is real but as always happens, they escape or leave the area before someone does anything... or many times or they may have drugged these children and have them under threat and they doubt whether to escape or give let someone know... there are so many missing lost children that it is very difficult to really know what happened...
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back