925 users online (157 members and 768 guests)  

Websleuths News

Hot pockets

http://www.10news.com/news/31076377/detail.html

Rocks Found At Trestles Beach Ignite In Woman's Pocket
    Woman Put Rocks In Pocket After Her Children Picked Them Up From Beach

How rocks collected from a southern Orange County beach caught fire in the pocket of a San Clemente woman's cargo shorts, landing her in a hospital with third-degree burns, remained a mystery Thursday.
    The 43-year old woman's children picked up the seven orange and green rocks on Saturday at San Onofre State Beach, which is popular with surfers and known locally as Trestles.
    The rocks combusted and set the woman's shorts on fire and continued to burn the wood floor of her Avenida Estrella house, according Capt. Marc Stone of the Orange County Fire Authority.
    Two of the rocks were found to contain phosphorous, which can burn like a road flare when ignited, but the other five were cross-contaminated while in the woman's pocket, according to ABC7.

Here's Daily Mail's take on this one - much of the same info, w/pictures:

Woman suffers severe burns after rocks collected during beach visit IGNITE in her pocket

Jim Gaffigan would be proud.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

My kids and I are always collecting rocks when we are at the beach or out hiking. I often come home with stones or rocks in the pocket of my shorts or pants. This is kind of scarey. I hope they figure out the cause.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by joedotnet View Post
    Jim Gaffigan would be proud.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express
    ROFL. I can just imagine him saying "Hot Pockets".
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html