THC in Trayvon's system

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
is this significant?

Please be civil and remember Trayvon is dead. This thread is to discuss the potential ramifications of testing positive for pot in a victim of homicide.

This doesn't have to be a fight. It can be a conversation- it is all about presentation of your ideas.

As for my opinion, I have no idea because I don't know when he used, how often he used or how pot manifests itself with Trayvon when is is using.

So for me it is not significant at this point but certainly could be in the future.

We had a case here not too long ago where a drunk driver killed 3 people, one of whom was a an Angel pitcher.(Adenhart). Driver was convicted of 2nd degree murder. It did come out that the driver of the other vehicle also had a BAC well over the limit. Did it matter? Not at all. So in some cases this might be significant and in other it might not.

What do you think and show respect for Trayvon please.

Personally this new information changes nothing, in my opinion.

Everything points to the fact that Trayvon was just going about his business and was in his right mind that night. Although I'm sure the Defense will try to use this as some kind of justification for what happened, knowledge that George could only have gotten from a blood test of the boy, which we only now have after the fact - from an autopsy!

Problem: George Zimmerman was not a human drug-detector, and Trayvon was not displaying any type of behavior other than walking from point A to point B.

(And others have said this better than I can on other threads, but if every teenager with marijuana in their system was expelled or put in juvenile hall, the schools would be half-empty every day. And the teachers know that, the parents know it, and the principals and coaches know it. And while it is illegal, they have no grounds for saying a child is "on drugs" just because they might have something in their systems, and neither did George.)

All JMOO.

My private thought that I haven't shared here previously is that he didn't go right home and, thus, avoid George completely because he may have been waiting for someone to hook him up. That would also explain why he was so concerned about someone watching him that he confronted George and why he got a call overlapping the girl friend's call that's not been explained. It also would explain why he picked up a lighter at the convenience store. I skimmed this stuff quickly while I was in the airport waiting for a flight, so I could be wrong about this, but I think I remember specifically reading that it was a red 7-11 lighter found on his person. jmo

I also noticed that he had quite a bit more money on him than originally stated. Maybe he also went to the 7-11 to get change of a $50. also jmo

I personally don't see this as a big deal. I live in a state that recognizes the numerous medicinal uses for marijuana and recognizes that marijuana isn't the "gateway drug" it's oft-been touted as.

TM could have smoked a joint one time three weeks or so before the shooting, and it would show up in his system at death, because marijuana is a fat-soluble drug that stays in the body much longer than water-soluble drugs like meth or coke. In fact, TM could have simply been in an enclosed car with friends who were smoking and even if he didn't actively smoke it, he could get enough passive smoke to come up as a trace. I don't know how it got in him--I'm just pointing out some ways in which it could have gotten in there.

As far as GZ's identifying TM as "on drugs"..."on drugs" indicates, IMO, "presently under the influence drugs." I suppose it's possible that TM could have been high at the time of his killing, but then I would imagine the levels would have been high (pun intended)? Also, he'd have to have managed to access marijuana and at the very very least a packet of matches and a pop can to smoke it, and considering he was staying w/ dad b/c of being suspended, I kinda doubt he would have risked that and/or been caught if he had. And since he didn't live at the dad's fiance's house, then I highly doubt he'd know where to get any weed there. I mean, not only is my state progressive in it's views of weed, my particular city is especially "herb-friendly" (that's actually the term), even here if you want to find some marijuana and don't know anybody that sells it, you'd have to go to a few-block section of one part of town, which, if you didn't know anyone who smoked it, it's doubtful you'd even know where to go.

So I imagine any smoking of the marijuana done by TM was done before he was even at Miami Gardens. So GZ's "he's on drugs" still doesn't hold any more water with me now that it did prior to today's information. Plus, I fail to recall ever hearing of any incidents of someone being aggressive while only under the influence of marijuana. I suppose a mentally ill person whose illness manifests through aggression could smoke marijuana and then become aggressive, but that would have been a pre-existing condition.

So in short, ...where's the smiley for yawning? hm...here's a photo instead. Add a shrug to that.
bored%20kid.jpg

http://www.aquidneckmomstown.com/custom/bored kid.jpg

The fact pot was found in TM's system makes me sad.

Although it may mean nothing to the outcome of this case, it does show TM partook in illegal activity.
Marijuana is illegal. He was with his dad due to a suspension for possession.

That makes me sad for his parents.
Nobody wants the "bad stuff" about the actions of their children made public. Especially a deceased child.

IMO

The interview on JVM last night comes to mind.

I really didn't watch it closely but I did see her tell FT that the autopsy showed no drugs in TM's system.

Did anybody hear her say where she got that information. Because it was obviously wrong.

Just wondering.

To me, it doesn't change how I feel about this case.

That being said, I am sad that he had pot in his system. It will make a difference whether I think it should or not.

Also, I'm sure Trayvon's parents were upset to hear this info, too.

To me, it doesn't change how I feel about this case.

That being said, I am sad that he had pot in his system. It will make a difference whether I think it should or not.

Also, I'm sure Trayvon's parents were upset to hear this info, too.

Very honestly, I don't think they are surprised at all. And that's not intended as a slam to the parents or to Trayvon. I think his parents knew perfectly well that he smoked pot, whether they liked it or not. jmo

My private thought that I haven't shared here previously is that he didn't go right home and, thus, avoid George completely because he may have been waiting for someone to hook him up. That would also explain why he was so concerned about someone watching him that he confronted George and why he got a call overlapping the girl friend's call that's not been explained. It also would explain why he picked up a lighter at the convenience store. I skimmed this stuff quickly while I was in the airport waiting for a flight, so I could be wrong about this, but I think I remember specifically reading that it was a red 7-11 lighter found on his person. jmo

I also noticed that he had quite a bit more money on him than originally stated. Maybe he also went to the 7-11 to get change of a $50. also jmo

I don't want to start any big discussion but, I'd really like to see if he got or bought a lighter at 7-11. GZ was touching his body so, he could have planted that lighter...anything is possible and I just really want to see the 7-11 surveillance tape.

No matter what, this is trace THC and GZ still had the choice to fight back physically and or to maim TM as opposed to shooting him directly in the heart.

Negligent homicide is what GZ committed against TM. If he hadn't chased the unarmed teen he would not have had a reason to shoot him, no less kill him.

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?rip_id=<D9UQMO900@news.ap.org>&ps=1018&page=1

Martin's autopsy indicated that medical examiners found THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, when they tested Martin's blood and urine. The amount described in the autopsy report is such a low level that it would have played no role in Martin's behavior, said Larry Kobilinsky, a professor of forensic science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York.

"This kind of level can be seen days after somebody smokes," Kobilinsky said. "If it comes up in the case, I would be surprised. It wouldn't benefit the defense, it wouldn't benefit the prosecution, and if the defense tried to bring it up, the judge would keep it out."

post is placed randomly.
please avoid discussing what others may or may not say. reference specifically what has been said and make your own point as to whether you agree or disagree.
No point in discussing -especially in a disparaging way- what other members may potentially say in the future. Pre-emptive attacks are not necessary LOL.

thanks.

I find it incredible that we know more about the VICTIM, the dead kid, than we do about the guy who killed him. And this after the police finish dumping the results of their 'investigation.'

I don't want to start any big discussion but, I'd really like to see if he got or bought a lighter at 7-11. GZ was touching his body so, he could have planted that lighter...anything is possible and I just really want to see the 7-11 surveillance tape.

No matter what, this is trace THC and GZ still had the choice to fight back physically and or to maim TM as opposed to shooting him directly in the heart.

Negligent homicide is what GZ committed against TM. If he hadn't chased the unarmed teen he would not have had a reason to shoot him, no less kill him.

Why on earth would someone plant a lighter on a shooting victim?

Having a lighter is not a crime. Why would that benefit the shooter?

I'm sure he had to have something to light the pot whenever he smoked it.
So I think it's safe to say TM has had lighters in the past.

Having one in his pocket that night is not surprising to me.

Not a big deal AT ALL. We all new he used marijuana recently, that's why he was kicked out of school - for an empty bag of pot in his backpack.

If his tests showed clear for marijuana I'd know they were false readings. He clearly "used" in the week before he died.

Next topic.

Why on earth would someone plant a lighter on a shooting victim?

Having a lighter is not a crime. Why would that benefit the shooter?

I'm sure he had to have something to light the pot whenever he smoked it.
So I think it's safe to say TM has had lighters in the past.

Having one in his pocket that night is not surprising to me.

Just saying, when you only find a can of Tea and some skittles...you might want to make the kid look like a druggie...just another thought.

That's why I want to see the 7-11 video footage.

Just saying, when you only find a can of Tea and some skittles...you might want to make the kid look like a druggie...just another thought.

That's why I want to see the 7-11 video footage.

I have 4 lighters in my purse.
I hope that does not make me look like a druggie.

A lighter in a person's pocket would not make them look like a druggie.
A joint or some pills would.

A lighter, not so much.

And even if he's not seen purchasing a lighter on that 7-11 video, it does not mean it was not his.
He could have bought it earlier.
He could have found it in his home and took it.

That brings me to a thought.

Can 17 year olds buy lighters?

I have 4 lighters in my purse.
I hope that does not make me look like a druggie.

A lighter in a person's pocket would not make them look like a druggie.
A joint or some pills would.

A lighter, not so much.

And even if he's not seen purchasing a lighter on that 7-11 video, it does not mean it was not his.
He could have bought it earlier.
He could have found it in his home and took it.

That brings me to a thought.

Can 17 year olds buy lighters?

When my brother turned 18, I bought him a bunch of stuff you could only buy when you were 18- a lighter, cold medicie, rubber cement, etc. When I bought the lighter, I wasn't asked for an ID even though I'm sure I don't look 18.

I am assuming you have to be 18, but I don't think it's strictly enforced.

From the doc dump thread. Belongs here.

Nothing is being spun. GZ said TM looked like he was on drugs. THC was found in TM's tox test. That's corroboration. TM was a pot smoker and GZ pegged him correctly. We have no idea when he last lit up, and IMO it doesn't really matter. All that matters is that it is not inconsistent with GZ's story.

JMO, OMO, and MOO

"Looks like he might be ON drugs" is not the same as he smoked pot on his way back from the store and gave GZ any reason to say he MIGHT be on drugs. GZ had no way of knowing that.

Before I fessed up to my mother I was a MMP, I was around her all the time and she never had a clue. Her nose might have picked up on it but my actions never did.

Hell, they never knew I smoked pot when I lived at home. I smoked it my senior year and my folks never knew. Newer generations of parents may be a lot more in tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni