Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Diagrams also note Martin was hurt in the fight: blood on his head, a bruise around his eye, scarring on both hands.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/05/18...meal-evidence/
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    Diagrams also note Martin was hurt in the fight: blood on his head, a bruise around his eye, scarring on both hands.

No injuries except the bullet wound and the abrasion to the left fourth finger are listed under "evidence of injury" in the text of the autopsy. Therefore the scarring on the right hand was probably old, I presume.
    Just my opinion

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

I'm interested in the blood on his head and the bruise around his eye that is noted on the diagrams. I wonder if these were from GZ throwing the 1rst punch?
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

I'm interested in the blood on his head and the bruise around his eye that is noted on the diagrams. I wonder if these were from GZ throwing the 1rst punch?
    The autopsy says face was unremarkable. If there was a bruise to the eye, it would have been mentioned under "evidence of injury."
    The scar on the right hand is old and therefore not an evidence of injury. Scalp was intact so any blood on the head did not come from any lacerations on the head.
    Regarding arrow pointing to the eye-it says "brown" as in "brown eyes." Not "bruise."
    That reporter should read the whole autopsy which clearly states the evidence of injury are the bullet wound and injury to the fourth left finger.
    And as I looked at the diagram again, I don't think it says a "blood spot" on the head. What it says is "black short" as is his hair was "black short."
    Just my opinion

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    Thank you! I am stuck with wondering about the condition of his clothing, fwiw. Also other than a cardiac pad, he had no other sign of medical intervention although I understand they tried mouth to mouth and chest compressions.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

lol. Talk about getting it totally wrong...
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    lol. Talk about getting it totally wrong...
    ITA.
    So misleading.
    Just my opinion

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.

I read the report. I don't remmber anything about blood on the head and a bruise around his eye.

As a matter of fact, the only injuries to TM I remember seeing was the cut/abrasion below his knuckle and the GSW.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    Interesting that Trayvon had no injuries other than the GSW and a very small abrasion to one finger on the left hand. I think GZ got hit in the nose/face with the butt of his gun.

that is my belief as well-- that he bonked himself in the face with the recoil and knocked himself back.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 2goldfish For This Useful Post:

quote from your linked article

Gunpowder burns around his chest wound, called “stippling,” suggest Zimmerman shot him no more than 18 inches away. The gun shot’s trajectory was horizontal.
    do yall think that if you were sitting over the top of me beating my head into the pavement and I was in fear of my life and shot you, the trajectory of the bullet would be horizontal? I'm trying to picture the strange contortions while in terror of my very existence and I cant see it any way unless both of us were standing? someone help me see.

ETA: just had hubby kneel over me pretending, you know...I drew the line at actually having my head beat into the floor, and I will now say that there doesnt seem to be any possible way a bullet went in horizontally from there and EVEN MORE!!!!! in order to have my hand 18 inches away from hubby's chest with him at a 45 degree-ish angle from me, I would have to crush my hand into my boob with my elbow in a weird place if that makes sense, if I held the "gun" from my body at all, plus the length of the gun itself, would be closer to 2 or 3 inches away, maybe even actually touching.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 2goldfish For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 2goldfish View Post
    quote from your linked article

do yall think that if you were sitting over the top of me beating my head into the pavement and I was in fear of my life and shot you, the trajectory of the bullet would be horizontal? I'm trying to picture the strange contortions while in terror of my very existence and I cant see it any way unless both of us were standing? someone help me see.
    That article got so much wrong, it isn't even funny. You are discussing something that claims there was a bruise and blood on the head, whereas the autopsy list injuries as bullet wound and abrasion to a fourth left finger. The handwriting on the diagram says "brown" and "short black" not "bruise" and "blood spot." The direction of projection in the autopsy is listed as "directly from front to back" not "horizontal."
    Just my opinion

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    That article got so much wrong, it isn't even funny. You are discussing something that claims there was a bruise and blood on the head, whereas the autopsy list injuries as bullet wound and abrasion to a fourth left finger. The handwriting on the diagram says "brown" and "short black" not "bruise" and "blood spot." The direction of projection in the autopsy is listed as "directly from front to back" not "horizontal."

if you can enlighten me, please do I freely admit I cannot and will not read autopsy reports, I cannot bear them.

although "directly from front to back" sounds synonymous with horizontally...what does the actual report say about distance away when shot, or does it?

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 2goldfish For This Useful Post:

Boy-- I wonder who interpreted THAT for CBS? I predict a retraction will be in order. Talk about getting it wrong! Did they even look at the narrative AR?

That's not just an error or embarrassing-- it's inflammatory, IMO.

26. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to K_Z For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 2goldfish View Post
    if you can enlighten me, please do I freely admit I cannot and will not read autopsy reports, I cannot bear them.

although "directly from front to back" sounds synonymous with horizontally...what does the actual report say about distance away when shot, or does it?
    The report say intermediate but other articles are wide ranging in distance, anywhere from 1-18 inches. I have heard a few say that the gun had to be very close, basically touching TM's clothing, to cause the stippling that it did.

I'm guessing intermediate is after 'point blank', which is basically having the gun pressed against you.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    The report say intermediate but other articles are wide ranging in distance, anywhere from 1-18 inches. I have heard a few say that the gun had to be very close, basically touching TM's clothing, to cause the stippling that it did.

I'm guessing intermediate is after 'point blank', which is basically having the gun pressed against you.
    http://www.pathologyexpert.com/boards/forensics/gsw.htm
    bbm
    - Tight: fouling in tissue, muzzle stamp
    - Loose: fouling on skin and in tissue, searing
    Close: <6" Stippling & Fouling
    Intermediate: 6-30" Stippling
    Distant: >30" Neither
    (Distances approximate and depend on many variables. For accurate assessment need to test fire weapon with ammunition used.)

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast