Trayvon at 7-11: Surveillance Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...what do we think he picked up off the floor?

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/surveillance-video-trayvon-martin-at-store-night/vHLg7/

Surveillance video of Trayvon making purchases at 7-11 the night of his death, multiple camera angles.

Released 5/17/12.

Thanks for the link Desdemona. The only thing I found interesting in the 7/11 tape was that after Trayvon finished the transaction with the clerk, he headed for the exit, then came back into view and walked to the center of the store. He then bent down reached towards his left foot, turned around and left the store. Why did he walk back to the center of the store? I also learned that hoodies do in fact block surveillance video of the side of your face. JMO.

Watching this transaction, would you say TM was right- or left-handed?

Thanks for the link Desdemona. The only thing I found interesting in the 7/11 tape was that after Trayvon finished the transaction with the clerk, he headed for the exit, then came back into view and walked to the center of the store. He then bent down reached towards his left foot, turned around and left the store. Why did he walk back to the center of the store? I also learned that hoodies do in fact block surveillance video of the side of your face. JMO.

It also showed that he wore his hoodie indoors where it was, obviously, not raining, and the girl friend said he put up his hood when he got back to Twin Lakes because it was raining.

meh...idk

EXCELLENT observation desdemona. I'll have to go back and watch. I recall that he fished for change (interminably lol) with his left hand, but I did NOT pay attention to anything else for handedness.

I found it interesting to observe TM's demeanor and appearance, imagining how he might have seemed a bit later from GZ's POV in the dark inside the gated complex. I did notice that the purchase -- especially the exchange of money -- seemed to take a little longer than one would expect, but not sure what that might/might not signify, if anything. And that he chose to wear the hoodie up inside the store, ditto on any possible significance. JMO.

EXCELLENT observation desdemona. I'll have to go back and watch. I recall that he fished for change (interminably lol) with his left hand, but I did NOT pay attention to anything else for handedness.

He also gave the clerk change using his left hand. But I don't know that it means anything, as he used both hands. Maybe he is bidextrous?

It also showed that he wore his hoodie indoors where it was, obviously, not raining, and the girl friend said he put up his hood when he got back to Twin Lakes because it was raining.

meh...idk

I did notice that. Seem unlikely he would have the hood up inside the store, then take it off when outside.

So sad.Here we see a kid (and he OBVIOUSLY is a kid,a tall skinny kid) buying skittles and Ice tea and next thing you know he's gone :(
I believe he went back cos he may thought of buying something else,he bent down to fix his shoe,or something bothering him with his sock or lace,decided against buying something else and left the store.I've done stuff like that a million times.One thing is for sure,he does not look like he's "on something"
BTW in my daughters high school and all our convenient stores hoodies are not allowed therefore kids of course are attracted to wearing them covering as much of their faces as possibel

I just watched the video again and its hard to say. He walks up to the counter with a item in each hand but seems to use his left hand to reach into his left pocket for money. Not enough for me to say he's left or right handed. JMO.

I am sure I will be pelted with tomatoes at some point, but as a former cashier in a store, I am going to make an observation. I am going to say that the lone cashier might have felt intimidated or frightened at first, because of the customer coming in with a full hoodie covering his face and head, and being so slow and deliberate. JMO But it seemed to me that TM was not concerned with looking suspicious in his actions at the time. JMO

He also gave the clerk change using his left hand. But I don't know that it means anything, as he used both hands. Maybe he is bidextrous?

I am extremely right-handed and don't do ANYTHING with my left hand other than type, and that's only because I have to. I don't answer the phone with it and I definitely wouldn't use it to dig in my pockets or hand something to someone if my right hand was free. Even just thinking about it right now feels awkward. lol My left hand is an almost useless appendage.

My dd is the exact same, except she is left-handed. I think I've read that lefties tend to be ambidextrous more than right-handers, but I could be mistaken about that.

I am extremely right-handed and don't do ANYTHING with my left hand other than type, and that's only because I have to. I don't answer the phone with it and I definitely wouldn't use it to dig in my pockets or hand something to someone if my right hand was free. Even just thinking about it right now feels awkward. lol My left hand is an almost useless appendage.

My dd is the exact same, except she is left-handed. I think I've read that lefties tend to be ambidextrous more than right-handers, but I could be mistaken about that.

I don't think I would use my left hand to give change either.
Just seems very uncomfortable. But he seems to be using both hands.

I am sure I will be pelted with tomatoes at some point, but as a former cashier in a store, I am going to make an observation. I am going to say that the lone cashier might have felt intimidated or frightened at first, because of the customer coming in with a full hoodie covering his face and head, and being so slow and deliberate. JMO But it seemed to me that TM was not concerned with looking suspicious in his actions at the time. JMO

He was obviously on guard, imo. At the end, when Trayvon comes back to pick up "whatever" off the floor, the clerk is walking away in the same direction but turns to watch Trayvon, and continues to do so even after Trayvon turns back and continues, presumably, toward the door.

So sad.Here we see a kid (and he OBVIOUSLY is a kid,a tall skinny kid) buying skittles and Ice tea and next thing you know he's gone :(
I believe he went back cos he may thought of buying something else,he bent down to fix his shoe,or something bothering him with his sock or lace,decided against buying something else and left the store.I've done stuff like that a million times.One thing is for sure,he does not look like he's "on something"
BTW in my daughters high school and all our convenient stores hoodies are not allowed therefore kids of course are attracted to wearing them covering as much of their faces as possibel
All I said was that I found it interesting that Trayvon went back towards the center of the store. Your explanation for why he did that could be valid. I couldn't tell from that video if he was high or not. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker