1223 users online (212 members and 1011 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3-day old baby killed by family dog

Newborn infant dies after dog attack at Ohio home
    Dog Attack hub generic 640x480_20100616125913_JPG

Regular Photo Size
    advertisement
    alt alt alt alt
    ShareThis

Posted: 9:07 AM

By: Associated Press

TOLEDO, Ohio - An Ohio coroner's investigator says a 3-day-old infant died hours after she was attacked by a family dog while sitting in a swing.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/sta...#ixzz1vEaccLjd

I know dogs can be your best buddy, treat you better than your family members, can be the confidantes of your deepest darkest secrets, hopes, dreams and disappointments. I know dogs love us unconditionally. I have had dogs. I have mourned dogs I've lost.

But they are animals. They are not humans. They can lash out without warning, due to illness, fear, a real or perceived threat, or just being...an animal. Such a senseless tragedy that could have been avoided.

Is a 3 day old infant even old enough to be in a swing?

Just hearing a 3 day old infant was left in a swing near a dog without supervision when the parents haven't even had the time to see how the newborn and dog mix makes me furious.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    I was just going to say the same thing Cubby (re: 3 day old in a swing)...

Did I read that right?

Dog alone in room with newborn, what parent's would do that?
    Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous -
    Albert Einstein

I just want to throttle people. I truly do. How many of these stories have to happen before people "get it"?
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Who puts a 3 day old baby in a swing?

Really?

I'm in shock!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    <Click on User CP>
    Scroll down and on the left
    <Click on Edit Ignore List>
    In add a Member to your list
    <start typing the name of the person you want to ignore>
    <Click on OKay>

IF WE COOK IT THEY WILL COME!

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    This is so horrible. Once my daughter was around 3 months my mom visited me. I went and took a shower and when I came out my mom was washing my dishes and just left my daughter on her back on the living room floor. I had 6 yr old pit that I trust but I don't trust that much, I wouldn't trust any dog you never know when something could happen. Anyways I told my mom that we don't leave babies unattended with dogs. But really we don't leave babies unattended.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Is a 3 day old infant even old enough to be in a swing?

Just hearing a 3 day old infant was left in a swing near a dog without supervision when the parents haven't even had the time to see how the newborn and dog mix makes me furious.
    It makes my blood boil also! How sad and neglectful!

I noticed that names of parents were not provided. So, no way to deternine history in court records. These parents should not be surprised if they receive a visit from LE with charges of neglect or child endangerment!

RIP baby girl.

This is the second swing attack I have read about this year.

I think I will get my dog used to a baby swing before we put a baby in one now,but I wouldnt walk out of the room without taking the baby or dog with me after reading these stories. I am almost positive I have left a room that contained a dog and a baby in a swing when my oldest was an infant. I know I did when my youngest was an infant

The article said the attack was only seconds.I am sure they never ever thought this would happen.

I have 2- yorkies and would never leave them alone with an infant. And I don't think they could kill an infant but not never being around they might hurt/bite a baby cause they have no idea what it is. Neither of my dogs have ever bitten any one or other animals they have been around.
    People Are so stupid and now the dog will have to be put down when it wasn't the dog's fault.
    I am not a fan of pits but feel like they do get a bad rap, when I know people with pits that are totally harmless cause they have been trained. But I personally don't trust them!

A three day old baby should be in a safe crib, away from all animals, OR in a family members arms. But no swings at that age, imo. They are too fragile for that, JMO.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

There are swings made specifically for newborns up to twenty-five pounds these days. You can lean them back and the swings have speed settings. I would have lost my mind had I not had one for my son and he's almost ten (he was colicky).

Now the dog being alone with the baby is a whole 'nother issue. Definitely a bad idea.

Discuiseduser0308 you beat me to the punch. My comment was The swing may have been an infant cradle swing like I bought my granddaughter. (See Fisher-Price Papasan Cradle Swing as an example) .They are for newborns but no one thinking of safety would have it in the same room with a dog, unattended.
    Last edited by Redbird; 05-18-2012 at 11:21 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by southernnana View Post

It makes my blood boil also! How sad and neglectful!

I noticed that names of parents were not provided. So, no way to deternine history in court records. These parents should not be surprised if they receive a visit from LE with charges of neglect or child endangerment!
    RIP baby girl.

Updated link wirh names of Baby Girl and Family Members

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D162348

The 3-day old baby girl who died from the dog attack was Makayke Darnell.
    Mother and grandmother, who were in the house with the child at the time of the dog attack,
    are reported in the link above as 22 yr old Audrianna Myers, and 44 yr old Janette Myers.
    No information available on father.

Yes, I know about infant swings. I guess i am just thinking that three day olds are still a bit young for anything like that. Two weeks old, three weeks old, but three DAYS old ?

I guess that was just me, but at three days old mine were too new to do anything other than eat and sleep.lol
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast